News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, May 11, 2021, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Quote from: TheArrow on June 24, 2021, 03:07:29 PM
At this rate don't be surprised if The Arrow Motorsport bails next season. We've sucked for about 13 seasons in a row now...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
You are an ICON in the V8CFL, James.  You are the Media Centre Guru.  Don't let the "reset" of the site knock you down.  The Media Centre will come back.

As for success..... mate, you won at Sandown this year!  You won the Tournament a few years back.  You choose the drivers and cars you like/follow.  Take your success as it comes and laugh at those who do not get it at the times you have your success.  You are the first guy I buddied up with on this forum.  I will always remember that and our conversations about the Sydney Thunder cricket team and your family pic.. 

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but back around 2008-ish when I first logged onto the old forum, you were the defending champ of the old fantasy league?

Stick around, mate.  You're gold - no matter how the stats shake out.  And stick with the guys you like in the V8CFL.  That's what makes the eventual win taste great.  I'd rather lose with the guys I like than win with the guys I don't like.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

TheArrow

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on June 24, 2021, 06:24:41 PM
At this rate don't be surprised if The Arrow Motorsport bails next season. We've sucked for about 13 seasons in a row now...

You are an ICON in the V8CFL, James.  You are the Media Centre Guru.  Don't let the "reset" of the site knock you down.  The Media Centre will come back.

As for success..... mate, you won at Sandown this year!  You won the Tournament a few years back.  You choose the drivers and cars you like/follow.  Take your success as it comes and laugh at those who do not get it at the times you have your success.  You are the first guy I buddied up with on this forum.  I will always remember that and our conversations about the Sydney Thunder cricket team and your family pic.. 

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but back around 2008-ish when I first logged onto the old forum, you were the defending champ of the old fantasy league?

Stick around, mate.  You're gold - no matter how the stats shake out.  And stick with the guys you like in the V8CFL.  That's what makes the eventual win taste great.  I'd rather lose with the guys I like than win with the guys I don't like.

Lol I appreciate the pep talk. I'm all talk, though. I'm too invested and too passionate about the idea of running my own team to just give it up.

I do feel like Williams at this point though. Was once a team of glory (albeit with only one championship win, but also a Tourno win so there's that) but now consistently running back of the pack.

Bringing shame to the Mazda name.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: TheArrow on July 07, 2021, 05:20:57 PM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on June 24, 2021, 06:24:41 PM

Lol I appreciate the pep talk. I'm all talk, though. I'm too invested and too passionate about the idea of running my own team to just give it up.

I do feel like Williams at this point though. Was once a team of glory (albeit with only one championship win, but also a Tourno win so there's that) but now consistently running back of the pack.

Bringing shame to the Mazda name.
Now THAT'S the spirit!  Things like this are also why I started the Tournament.  Yo might be bad in the table but you can knock someone's block off week in and week out.

On a different note, all - Townsville is up in a day, or so.  Rosters will be locked in soon.  Jockey for what positions you may wish prior to.  As of right now I am the only team with roster changes for this round.

mikeamerica84

Past midnight, gents.  All team rosters are locked in for Townsville.

As always, good luck.  Results post race will be quick for I am off work this weekend and next week - more holiday.   ;D

mikeamerica84

Townsville Results are up, gents.

Race 1 Podium:
1  TAA Performance / Jetpac-013 / Ford Mustang
2  Ignition Motorsports / ignition / Ford Falcon FG
3  Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang

Race 2 Podium:
1  Sky News Motorsport / Trickyonne / LDV T60
2  Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
3  NAPA Racing Team / CP / Ford Mustang

With a super fine showing this round, Drop Bear Autosport has assumed command on the Table.  Slotting into second, 62 points back, is now TAA Performance.  One marker back in third is Ain't Care Motorsports.

As for the Stewards Summary, there were no pertinent penalties which affected the V8CFL tally.

Next up...... well...... Townsville - AGAIN!  This weekend!  Get any roster changes in prior to the Midnight Thursday deadline to have them go into effect for this round.

Jetpac013

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on July 14, 2021, 04:01:29 AM

Slotting into second, 62 points back, is now TAA Performance.

I'll take that  ;D

6cyl turbo power starting to come good LOL  :P 8)

mikeamerica84

Townsville Part II Results have been posted.

Race 1 Podium:
1 - R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang
2 - Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
3 - Sky News Motorsport / Trickyonne / LDV T60

Race 2 Podium:
1 - The Arrow Motorsport / TheArrow / Mazda6
2 - A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang
3 - R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang

Race 2 Podium:
1 - A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang
2 - Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Holden Commodore ZB
3 - R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang

Drop Bear Autosport's points lead in the table has been chopped to 17 now as Ain't Care Motorsports takes back over second place.

As for the Stewards Summary, all penalties were levied during the races and are reflected in the final standings. 

For fastest laps and the extra five points for the three races, it was Car 6, Car 97, and Car 6 respectively.

See you down the line, boys.

mikeamerica84

Just a heads-up, men.  We're going to play this thing through until the end this year and come back out swinging in 2022.  If we have no more races in 2021 we will call it done right then.  Let us just hope we can get the series going again amidst "Pandemic II".

mikeamerica84

Getting us all back onboard, men, the next round of the 2021 season is nary a week away.  Remember, all team roster changes must be submitted prior to MIDNIGHT THURSDAY, SYDNEY, NSW TIME.

You have four allotted changes in Groups A-E and two reshuffles allowed in Group F.  Please review your rosters and note any changes in the applicable thread for doing so.

With Wanneroo off of the 2021 schedule, the Geographical Challenge is over after two rounds.  Congratulations to the Queensland camp in their victory.  In the three Geographical Challenge rounds, the first race of all three rounds had the Group A and B drivers thrown out.  However from here on out, the scoring will be as noted in the Rules thread.

HOPEFULLY we will be back up and running this next weekend.

The current V8CFL table:

1  Drop Bear Autosport         Helix                   1622       1     5     3     2     2      VIC   75  Ford Mustang
2  Ain't Care Motorsports      skaifeman               1605       1     3     1     6     2      ACT   25  Holden Commodore ZB
3  TAA Performance             Jetpac-013              1566       2     2     4     0     4      NSW  013  Ford Mustang
4  A1 SimSports                V8SuperRiley            1534       3     1     0     3     2      QLD   93  Ford Mustang
5  Kalyara Motorsport          Kytabu                  1504       2     2     1     1     1      NSW   28  Ford Focus RS
6  NAPA Racing Team            CP                      1482       1     2     3     1     1      NSW   72N Ford Mustang
7  R&K Motorsports             mikeamerica84           1474       3     1     3     1     1      NA   084  Ford Mustang
8  Ignition Motorsports        ignition                1378       1     2     1     0     2      VIC    3  Ford Falcon FG
9  The Arrow Motorsport        TheArrow                1334       2     0     0     0     2      NSW   57  Mazda6
10 151 Motorsport              SportsExtra Motorsport  1293       0     1     1     1     1      NZ   151  Holden Commodore VFII
11 WOFTAM Racing               Professor               1270       1     0     0     2     1      NSW   69  Chevrolet Camaro
12 Sky News Motorsport         Trickyonne              1146       2     0     2     2     0      EUR   69T LDV T60

Helix

its been a trying time for everyone in the fantasy championship, i hope people dig their heels in and show the championship the love its had in the recent past and please don't use this situation to drop off the radar, thank firetruck that the supercars are back racing again even if it is 4 rounds at the same track, racing is racing.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Helix on October 22, 2021, 06:43:57 PM
its been a trying time for everyone in the fantasy championship, i hope people dig their heels in and show the championship the love its had in the recent past and please don't use this situation to drop off the radar, thank firetruck that the supercars are back racing again even if it is 4 rounds at the same track, racing is racing.
Racing is racing and we have what we have.  Thanks for that racing spirit, Helix!

I know i am hoping/jockeying for a huge bag of points this next weekend.  If I do not get it, at least I am not out any money!

Let us hope the original masses who are still onboard make a claim to achieve their success.

mikeamerica84

Past Midnight Thursday.  All team rosters are locked in for Eastern Creek Week 1 (of 4).  Only The Arrow Motorsport has made changes.

Good luck to all as we finally go back to racing!

mikeamerica84

The first round of four from SMP is complete and the results are posted.

Race 1 Podium::
1 - Kalyara Motorsport / Kytabu / Ford Focus RS
2 - Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
3 - NAPA Racing Team / CP / Ford Mustang

1 - Kalyara Motorsport / Kytabu / Ford Focus RS
2 - Ignition Motorsports / ignition / Ford Falcon FG

1 - Sky News Motorsport / Trickyonne / LDV T60
2 - Kalyara Motorsport / Kytabu / Ford Focus RS

As for the Stewards Summary, the only points penalty was post race for the 11 Car in Race 2 wherein they were DQd.

Fast times were the 9 Car, the 99 Car, and the 11 Car in races 1, 2, and 3 respectively.

Great showing by Kalyara Motorsport and NAPA Racing Team!  On to SMP!

Oh.... wait..... we are already THERE.

mikeamerica84

Less than 24 hours for any roster changes for SMP Part II.  MIDNIGHT THURSDAY SYDNEY, NSW time.

mikeamerica84

We are all now locked in for SMP Part II.  R&K Motorsports has the only team roster alteration.

Who will be in the 26 Car....?

Good luck to all!  See you on the other side of the checkers!