Author Topic: 2021 V8CFL - General Chat  (Read 1682 times)

Offline mikeamerica84

• V8CFL Tsar
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 V8CFL - General Chat
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2021, 06:24:41 PM »
At this rate don't be surprised if The Arrow Motorsport bails next season. We've sucked for about 13 seasons in a row now...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
You are an ICON in the V8CFL, James.  You are the Media Centre Guru.  Don't let the "reset" of the site knock you down.  The Media Centre will come back.

As for success..... mate, you won at Sandown this year!  You won the Tournament a few years back.  You choose the drivers and cars you like/follow.  Take your success as it comes and laugh at those who do not get it at the times you have your success.  You are the first guy I buddied up with on this forum.  I will always remember that and our conversations about the Sydney Thunder cricket team and your family pic.. 

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but back around 2008-ish when I first logged onto the old forum, you were the defending champ of the old fantasy league?

Stick around, mate.  You're gold - no matter how the stats shake out.  And stick with the guys you like in the V8CFL.  That's what makes the eventual win taste great.  I'd rather lose with the guys I like than win with the guys I don't like.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Offline TheArrow

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2021, 05:20:57 PM »
At this rate don't be surprised if The Arrow Motorsport bails next season. We've sucked for about 13 seasons in a row now...

You are an ICON in the V8CFL, James.  You are the Media Centre Guru.  Don't let the "reset" of the site knock you down.  The Media Centre will come back.

As for success..... mate, you won at Sandown this year!  You won the Tournament a few years back.  You choose the drivers and cars you like/follow.  Take your success as it comes and laugh at those who do not get it at the times you have your success.  You are the first guy I buddied up with on this forum.  I will always remember that and our conversations about the Sydney Thunder cricket team and your family pic.. 

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but back around 2008-ish when I first logged onto the old forum, you were the defending champ of the old fantasy league?

Stick around, mate.  You're gold - no matter how the stats shake out.  And stick with the guys you like in the V8CFL.  That's what makes the eventual win taste great.  I'd rather lose with the guys I like than win with the guys I don't like.

Lol I appreciate the pep talk. I'm all talk, though. I'm too invested and too passionate about the idea of running my own team to just give it up.

I do feel like Williams at this point though. Was once a team of glory (albeit with only one championship win, but also a Tourno win so there's that) but now consistently running back of the pack.

Bringing shame to the Mazda name.

Offline mikeamerica84

• V8CFL Tsar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2021, 09:08:37 AM »

Lol I appreciate the pep talk. I'm all talk, though. I'm too invested and too passionate about the idea of running my own team to just give it up.

I do feel like Williams at this point though. Was once a team of glory (albeit with only one championship win, but also a Tourno win so there's that) but now consistently running back of the pack.

Bringing shame to the Mazda name.
Now THAT'S the spirit!  Things like this are also why I started the Tournament.  Yo might be bad in the table but you can knock someone's block off week in and week out.

On a different note, all - Townsville is up in a day, or so.  Rosters will be locked in soon.  Jockey for what positions you may wish prior to.  As of right now I am the only team with roster changes for this round.

Offline mikeamerica84

• V8CFL Tsar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2021, 01:29:49 AM »
Past midnight, gents.  All team rosters are locked in for Townsville.

As always, good luck.  Results post race will be quick for I am off work this weekend and next week - more holiday.   ;D

Offline mikeamerica84

• V8CFL Tsar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2021, 04:01:29 AM »
Townsville Results are up, gents.

Race 1 Podium:
1  TAA Performance / Jetpac-013 / Ford Mustang
2  Ignition Motorsports / ignition / Ford Falcon FG
3  Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang

Race 2 Podium:
1  Sky News Motorsport / Trickyonne / LDV T60
2  Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
3  NAPA Racing Team / CP / Ford Mustang

With a super fine showing this round, Drop Bear Autosport has assumed command on the Table.  Slotting into second, 62 points back, is now TAA Performance.  One marker back in third is Ain't Care Motorsports.

As for the Stewards Summary, there were no pertinent penalties which affected the V8CFL tally.

Next up...... well...... Townsville - AGAIN!  This weekend!  Get any roster changes in prior to the Midnight Thursday deadline to have them go into effect for this round.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 02:10:54 AM by mikeamerica84 »

Offline Jetpac-013

• Formerly known as BAC-013
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2021, 06:35:11 PM »

Slotting into second, 62 points back, is now TAA Performance.

I'll take that  ;D

6cyl turbo power starting to come good LOL  :P 8)

Offline mikeamerica84

• V8CFL Tsar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2021, 06:55:49 AM »
Townsville Part II Results have been posted.

Race 1 Podium:
1 - R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang
2 - Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
3 - Sky News Motorsport / Trickyonne / LDV T60

Race 2 Podium:
1 - The Arrow Motorsport / TheArrow / Mazda6
2 - A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang
3 - R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang

Race 2 Podium:
1 - A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang
2 - Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Holden Commodore ZB
3 - R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84 / Ford Mustang

Drop Bear Autosport's points lead in the table has been chopped to 17 now as Ain't Care Motorsports takes back over second place.

As for the Stewards Summary, all penalties were levied during the races and are reflected in the final standings. 

For fastest laps and the extra five points for the three races, it was Car 6, Car 97, and Car 6 respectively.

See you down the line, boys.

Offline mikeamerica84

• V8CFL Tsar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2021, 06:54:52 PM »
Just a heads-up, men.  We're going to play this thing through until the end this year and come back out swinging in 2022.  If we have no more races in 2021 we will call it done right then.  Let us just hope we can get the series going again amidst "Pandemic II".