News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, May 11, 2021, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Less than a week to go to lock-in rosters for the Bathurst 1000.  Prior to, though, please do not forget the Tipping Contest.  All members of not only the V8CFL, but of V8 Central are invited.

For the V8CFL we are going to have our side contest for Enduro Champions.  This year, however, I am going to take a page out of Bathurst pasts and split us into two groups/classes.  We'll have two championship teams.  Positions pairing up are 1&6, 2&5, 3&4, 7&12, 8&11, and 9&10.

Class 1:

Drop Bear Autosport / Helix
A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley
75 Ford Mustang

Kalyara Motorsport / Kytabu
NAPA Racing Ream / CP
28 Ford Focus RS

Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman
R&K Motorsports / mikeamerica84
25 Holden Commodore ZB

Class 2:

TAA Performance / Jetpac-013
151 Motorsport / SportsExtra Motorsport
013 Ford Mustang

Ignition Motorsports / ignition
WOFTAM Racing / Professor
3 Ford Falcon FG

Sky News Motorsport / Trickyonne
The Arrow Motorsport / TheArrow
69T LDV T60
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

The door is closed for any Bathurst roster changes.  Only Ain't Care Motorsports and skaifeman have made a move.  And a HUGE move it might be.  A win it-or-bin it move!

Good luck to all.  This is the last race of 2021 but I'll be back for 2022 V8CFL moderation.

skaifeman

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 03, 2021, 07:13:49 AM
The door is closed for any Bathurst roster changes.  Only Ain't Care Motorsports and skaifeman have made a move.  And a HUGE move it might be.  A win it-or-bin it move!

Good luck to all.  This is the last race of 2021 but I'll be back for 2022 V8CFL moderation.

You know me. Get them or have them off!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Give me another day, or so, for the tally.  I was overrun by the F1 race and a brunette.   8)

mikeamerica84

Guys,

I have only made it half way through Bathurst.  Duty calls the next three days (unexpectedly) as I have to work - 12 hours per.  I will get the V8CFL and Tipping Comp results out mid-late week.  I would like to finish watching the 1000 first.

Thanks for your patience.

mikeamerica84

Season is done, boys!

Bathurst Podium Results:
1 Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Holden Commodore ZB
2 WOFTAM Racing / Professor / Chevrolet Camaro
3 Ignition Motorsports / ignition / Ford Falcon FG

skaifeman's late roster change sealed the deal.  He wound up second on the Table.

Congratulations to Helix and Drop Bear Motorsport for yet another V8CFL Championship!

In the V8CFL Enduro Cup, it was skaifeman & mikeamerica84 winning Class 1, and Ignition Motorsports & WOFTAM Racing winning Class 2.

kennymiesta took honors in the Tipping Contest.

There were no post race points penalties in the Stewards Summary.

See you all next season!

skaifeman

WOW. Another Enduro Cup.... that's 3 in a row, and two with you Mike!
Happy to walk away with my first outright Bathurst win too, and the first of the losers in the Championship. Whincup coming in paid off.

Mike, once again, thank you for your prompt organisation of all this. I know I appreciate it, and I'm sure many others on here do too.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Helix

WOOO HOOO

i was sweating i can tell ya that once gizzy had his tyre issue, your late change was a master stroke skaifeman, i didn't think i had the margin.

all in all with another interrupted season , im grateful that your dedication to this championship sees us through Mike, its been enjoyable and unlike Gizzy, ill proudly wear the #1 in season 2022 in my gen 3 mustang.

your a legend Mike, thank you for your tireless work getting every thing tallied together so fast from the other side of the globe and keeping us rowdy lot organized lol.

congrats to you skaifeman on your bathurst victory, the one we all want, and enduro cup win with mike

TheArrow

Congratulations to all this season. It's been long and tough but we got throught.

I'll work on the livery of the year comp over the next few days.

I literally just moved house and I have a lot of work to do so it may be a bit delayed.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Kytabu

Mike, would you agree that 2544 seems like a sensible number of points on which to end the season? :P

Well done Helix and skaifeman on taking out the top two spots for the season.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

My pleasure to run to league, men.  Let's hope 2022 is a little more seamless than the past couple of years with respect to global health impacts and motorsport.  We are headed to Florida in February for the start of the dirt track season.  Even only two months out, who knows where we'll be here in the States.

And Kye...... when it comes to tiebreakers, I once again lost - this time to your five wins.  I have no idea what my record is in tiebreakers but I am WAYYYY on the losing side of them!  ;D

Helix, you are THE MAN this year!  AGAIN!  I remember this 'pic' of you from year's past.   8)

Helix

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 10, 2021, 01:27:30 AM
My pleasure to run to league, men.  Let's hope 2022 is a little more seamless than the past couple of years with respect to global health impacts and motorsport.  We are headed to Florida in February for the start of the dirt track season.  Even only two months out, who knows where we'll be here in the States.

And Kye...... when it comes to tiebreakers, I once again lost - this time to your five wins.  I have no idea what my record is in tiebreakers but I am WAYYYY on the losing side of them!  ;D

Helix, you are THE MAN this year!  AGAIN!  I remember this 'pic' of you from year's past.   8)

wish i was that thin lol

mikeamerica84

We're all thin and buff in the V8CFL, mate.  Remember, without fantasy life is simply life.

Have your livery shop ready for 2022.  I have some good ideas.  With luck, COVID, scheduling, and web site changes will not affect our Media Centre.  The Arrow does a great job there and that thread got smeared this past season.

Helix