News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2021 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, May 11, 2021, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Winton deadline for roster changes has passed.  You have what you have.  Good luck to all.

With luck, I will have the results out by Tuesday USA time.  The Indianapolis 500 will take up the majority of this Sunday.

Ohhhh..... wait.  I just found out it was postponed.  Belay my last.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

LG

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 28, 2021, 09:09:02 AM
Winton deadline for roster changes has passed.  You have what you have.  Good luck to all.

With luck, I will have the results out by Tuesday USA time.  The Indianapolis 500 will take up the majority of this Sunday.

Time for pot luck. Make everyone keep the same nominated teams for when it does happen.   ;D ;D

mikeamerica84

Quote from: LG on May 28, 2021, 11:30:40 AM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 28, 2021, 09:09:02 AM

Time for pot luck. Make everyone keep the same nominated teams for when it does happen.   ;D ;D
LG, I just hope this postponement is not a sign of things to come this time around.

I'll let the boys change as they desire.  Once again, the ad-libbing has commenced for the V8CFL.

mikeamerica84

Had a computer death here at V8CFL Headquarters, located on the northern perimeter of beautiful downtown desolate Stevensville, MI a few days ago.

I'll be back in a few with the updated table and newest member as I break in my latest laptop pet.

What the hell is a touch screen?

mikeamerica84

I have added Sky News Motorsport to the list of competing teams with Trickyonne as Team Principal.  The team has taken last place points for all races leading up to current.  This is within the rules for late signups.  From here on out they will compete for proper points and the V8CFL Geographical Challenge.

Trickyonne

thanks Mike...we decided to give you newbies a head start :)
Paul Murray Live

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Trickyonne on June 10, 2021, 07:57:14 AM
...we decided to give you newbies a head start :)
That is very sporting of you, Mick.  We need more "Gentlemen" racers like yourself.   :D

mikeamerica84

A heads up to get us all back on the same page:

The Hidden Valley Round is this weekend.  All roster changes have to be in by MIDNIGHT THURSDAY SYDNEY, NSW time.

We have a 12th team competing this round, also - Sky News Motorsport.

And a reminder, Hidden Valley will be the second of three State/Territory/New Zealand/Continent Challenge rounds.  All scores for each team within those individual geographical boundaries will be added together and divided by the number of teams to determine a victor.  Scoring for the Geographical Challenge will be 9-6-4-3-2-1-0.

For these Geo Challenge Rounds, in Race 1 your Groups A and B cars will NOT be scored.  Your top three listed Group F cars WILL be scored. Nine cars. 

Races 2 and 3 will be under the normal points scoring format.

I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things myself and will be glued to my computer watching the action.

mikeamerica84

Rosters are now locked in for Hidden Valley.  You have what you have.  Good luck, gentleman, and may us have a great round!

mikeamerica84

Hidden Valley Results are posted.

Podiums:

Race 1 :
1 - TAA Performance / Jetpac-013 / Ford Mustang
2 - NAPA Racing Team / CP / Ford Mustang
3 - Sky News Motorsport / Trickyonne / LDV T60

Race 2:
1 - Kalyara Motorsport / Kytabu / Ford Focus RS
2 - Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
3 - Ain't Care Motorsports / skaifeman / Holden Commodore ZB

Race 3:
1 - Sky News Motorsport / Trickyonne / LDV T60
2 - Drop Bear Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang
3 - TAA Performance / Jetpac-013 / Ford Mustang

In the Geographical Challenge, Europe took honors.  This might result in a rule wherein the members of this group must show identification that they are from Europe.  Vaccination cards will be next.   8)

In the table, I had to create a new thread for Round 5, but it is there.  What a table we have right now!  Drop Bear Autosport and Ain't Care Motorsports are in a dead heat.  The former has the tiebreaker right now with three second place finishes.  Kalyara Motorsport is only ten markers behind, too!

Stewards summary:  It has been discussed in a previous thread wherein the 8 Car was docked 86 points in Race 1.  Now after Race 3, Kelly Grove was docked 30 team points for equipment not under control in pit lane.  For this penalty is was not directed at either the 7 Car the 26 Car, so I cannot levy the blow to either in the V8CFL.  I am not going to "split it" 15/15 either.  This was not as cut and dry as the 8 Car penalty.

All other penalties were time penalties issued during the racing.

And lastly, fastest laps for Race 1, 2, and 3 were the 97 Car, 25 Car, and 9 Car respectively.  Race 1 made no difference for the Groups A and B cars were not scored.

That's it from America for today, men!  Have a good week!

Trickyonne

Yes number #1 baby .....

Given you blokes a head start, now for a spanking :)
Paul Murray Live

Jetpac013

Whoooo TAA Performance for the win  ;D

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Jetpac-013 on June 22, 2021, 07:53:33 PM
It WAS a good round for TAA Performance.

I would like all to note that I went back and changed BAC-013 to Jetpac-013 for all results and team rosters.  Same bloke, different moniker.

Jetpac013

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on June 23, 2021, 10:21:19 AM
Quote from: Jetpac-013 on June 22, 2021, 07:53:33 PM
It WAS a good round for TAA Performance.

I would like all to note that I went back and changed BAC-013 to Jetpac-013 for all results and team rosters.  Same bloke, different moniker.

You got it  8) ;)

TheArrow

At this rate don't be surprised if The Arrow Motorsport bails next season. We've sucked for about 13 seasons in a row now...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk