News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Team mate wars 2022 edition

Started by Skip, January 05, 2022, 10:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip

Zac brown reckons WAU have the strongest driver line up of the field this year in Chaz and Percat. It got me thinking who will come out on top of each team. For me Chaz will have it over Percat easily. What about other teams? Here's my pick:
888: obviously Giz over Broc as it's his learning year.
DJR: Anton over Will this time around.
Grove: This one will be interesting as they potentially fight for one seat in 2023. I'd lean towards Reynolds but if he feels the pressure to perform he may well crack, giving Holdsworth the edge.
Tickford: Waters will lead but it will be interesting where the other 3 lie. At a pinch I'd say Randall then Courtney then Kostecki but I could be way off here.
BJR: Heimgartner over Fullwood. Little Jones and Smithy to battle each other at the back of the pack.
Team 18: Frosty to beat Pye again.
Erebus: To close to call but I'm hoping it will be Brown over Kostecki... I reckon it will be close again, could easily be the other way round tho.
MSR: Hazelwood will have the edge over LeBroc
Team Sydney: Meh.
Blanchard: at least Sladey will won't lose in the teammate battle... it will be interesting, tho, to see how they manage the single
car in pitstops.

skaifeman

Similar to you Skip, give or take a few.

888:
SVG over Feeney.

DJR:
Anton over Will.

Tickford:
Waters, Courtney, Randle, Kostecki.

WAU:
Mostert over Percat.

Erebus: This one will be close.
Brown over Kostecki... just.

BJR:
Heimgartner over Fullwood. Big gap... Jones over Smith.

Team18: If Pye can keep his head clean he should fair better. Frosty is consistent.
Pye over Frosty.

Grove:
Reynolds over Holdsworth.

MSR:
Hazelwood over Le Broq.

Tekno:
Fabs over Jacobson.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

madbugger

888:
SVG  Feeney.

DJR:
ADP Will.

Tickford:
Waters, Courtney, Randle, Kostecki.

WAU:
Mostert Percat.

Erebus:
Brown Kostecki... just.

BJR:
Heimgartner Fullwood. Big gap Jones Smith.

Team18:
Frosty Pye

Grove:
Holdsworth Reynolds

MSR:
Hazelwood Le Broq.

Tekno:
Fabs  Pither Jacobson
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

mikeamerica84

I'm pretty much in line with you guys.  Most posts are roughly in agreement.  Something motorsports does not see very often these days.

I don't know about putting Chaz way far above Nick, Skip.  Once Nick gets his sea legs at WAU I think he will be one of the heavy hitters come down the stretch time.  I do like your analogy of Team Sydney, though.  "Meh."   ;D

I think the Kostecki-Brown duo will be a good one to watch.  Now, as I see it, without 4 rounds in a row at SMP, where Erebus really shined last year, I think Erebus will have a little more wrenching to do to keep up that pace elsewhere.  This is where their two young guns are going to have to show their stuff.  I think they both have it, especially Brodie, but it will be interesting to watch nonetheless.  Slight advantage Brodie.

And I have to think Grove is just playing out the year with DR and Lee.  Don't get me wrong, I like them both, but one has to think in 2023 someone else(s) is going to be in the seat(s).  A dead heat between these two guys who are both possibly on their last go-round as full timers.  They would both be GREAT second drivers for the enduros, though.

Thanks for starting this thread, Skipster.

The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

skaifeman

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on January 07, 2022, 01:20:45 PM
And I have to think Grove is just playing out the year with DR and Lee.  Don't get me wrong, I like them both, but one has to think in 2023 someone else(s) is going to be in the seat(s).  A dead heat between these two guys who are both possibly on their last go-round as full timers.  They would both be GREAT second drivers for the enduros, though.

One of them is just warming a seat for Payne. A little over a year ago we'd know who'd be first to get cut, now we're not so sure!
As much as I like Reynolds, he needs to let his results start talking.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Skip

You suggesting 2 new Steerers for grove in 2023 skaifeman? Interesting thought... who's your tip? I'd imagine someone with some rims on the board to guide young Payne?

stevo qld

There are too many threads on 2022.

However, these are my feeling as posted on another sting, but also relevant here.

"Grove need a level head driver for 2023 as a team mate when they promote their favoured newcomer. Reynolds is not only erratic, but he has consistently shown a selfish, non-team player attitude and is probably only at Grove due to the inherited second year of a deal with Todd Kelly and the obvious glee at Erubus when Reynolds walked away from his 10 year contract,  just as he has broken contracts with previous teams. Betty was apparently happy to see him go."

To be clear. IMHO, I consider Holdsworth to be a consistently better driver and team player than Reynolds and more likely to be Grove's superior driver in 2022 (and to have his contract extended).

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

LG

Quote from: stevo qld on January 08, 2022, 09:57:48 PM
There are too many threads on 2022.

However, these are my feeling as posted on another sting, but also relevant here.

"Grove need a level head driver for 2023 as a team mate when they promote their favoured newcomer. Reynolds is not only erratic, but he has consistently shown a selfish, non-team player attitude and is probably only at Grove due to the inherited second year of a deal with Todd Kelly and the obvious glee at Erubus when Reynolds walked away from his 10 year contract,  just as he has broken contracts with previous teams. Betty was apparently happy to see him go."

This particular thread is a comparison of team mates and their relative performances  in  2022.

murph_fan51

888:
SVG over Feeney.

DJR:
Willbur over Anton. I think Will will have better consistency and finish ahead in points.

Tickford:
Waters, Randle, Kostecki, Courtney

WAU:
Percat over Mostert. I really think Percat has been in under performing cars....2nd Walkinshaw, LDM and BJR cars

Erebus: This one will be close.
Brown over Kostecki.

BJR:
Heimgartner over Fullwood then Jones over Smith.

Team18: Frosty over Pye. Sorry Pye it's time to go.

Grove: Holdsworth over Reynolds

MSR: Hazelwood over Le Broq.

Tekno: Fabs over Jacobson.
debris debris debris

Troy01505

Think most are pretty obvious but the few that are not

Tickford:
Waters, kostecki, Randle, the other bloke

Grove:
If the pressure is on for the one seat in 2023 then Lee will be a couple of places higher then Davey but both will not finish the season in the 10.

Erebus:
Could go either way by a fanny hair.

REM

Quote from: Troy01505 on January 31, 2022, 09:31:46 PM
Think most are pretty obvious but the few that are not

Tickford:
Waters, kostecki, Randle, the other bloke

Grove:
If the pressure is on for the one seat in 2023 then Lee will be a couple of places higher then Davey but both will not finish the season in the 10.

Erebus:
Could go either way by a fanny hair.

Kostecki over Randle....is a brave call I reckon....

I predict Lee will get about 9th....Cauchi will transform that team.....one to watch!

stevo qld

I may as well have a go.  ;D

888:
SVG, Feeney.

DJR:
de Pasquale, Davison

Tickford 1:
Waters, Courtney

Tickford 2:
Randle, Kostecki.

[Tickford  Combined:
Randle, Waters, Courtney, Kostecki.]

WAU:
Mostert, Percat.

Erebus:
Brown, Kostecki.

BJR 1 :
Heimgartner, Fullwood.

BJR 2:
Smith, Jones  (wasn't that a movie?)

Team18:
Pye, Winterbottom

Grove:
Holdsworth Reynolds

MSR:
Hazelwood, le Broq.

PremiAir:
Pither, Jacobson

Tekno:
Fabs because he, at last report, was still contracted to Tekno as a paid driver, but alas: no cars.

Later:
QuoteJames Courtney believes the lower-downforce Gen3 cars will favour the veteran drivers of Supercars when the new cars debut in 2023.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/why-courtney-believes-gen3-will-favour-veteran-drivers/

If Courtney is correct???. it would reverse the selections for DJR, Tickford 1 and Team 18.  Time will tell.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN