News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 Supercars Calendar

Started by mikeamerica84, December 11, 2021, 01:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

First swing of the bat has been announced.  Always subject to change (to state the obvious).  I thought I'd post this here so we can contemplate and comment on the next season to come.

Event
Date

Repco Newcastle 500*   
March 4-6

Tasmania SuperSprint   
March 26-27

Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix   
April 7-10

Bunnings Trade Perth SuperNight*   
April 30-May 1

Winton SuperSprint   
May 21-22

Merlin Darwin Triple Crown   
June 18-19

NTI Townsville 500*   
July 8-10

TBC   
July 30-31

Penrite Oil Sandown SuperSprint*   
August 19-21

ITM Auckland SuperSprint   
September 10-11

Repco Bathurst 1000*   
October 6-9

Boost Mobile Gold Coast 500   
October 28-30

Beaurepaires Sydney Super 600   
November 18-20

*Denotes Dunlop Series round

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/2022-repco-supercars-championship-calendar-revealed/
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

if things go right 'maybe' Tassie round for me

other than that just Winton, Sandown and Bathurst are the likely ones. very unlikely to go to the GP
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

murph_fan51

Was hoping New Zealand in April but September it is.
Rest of it looks ok but too spaced out. They should have kept Bathurst as the finale in October.
debris debris debris

djr18fan

Quote from: murph_fan51 on December 11, 2021, 06:13:58 PM
Was hoping New Zealand in April but September it is.
Rest of it looks ok but too spaced out. They should have kept Bathurst as the finale in October.

Sept in Auckland not ideal for weather. But April is too big a risk from a border perspective.
No big winter break in the calendar. All quite evenly spaced. But we'll see what covid mutations have to say about that.

mikeamerica84

I hope Newcastle can answer the bell for the opening round with respect to world health.  I always liked that round.  The huge coal freighters going back and forth behind the track reminds me of my youth in Detroit with the iron ore freighters going down and up the Detroit River bringing the stuff down from the North to the processing facilities along the Michigan/Ohio/Pennsylvania/New York route(s).

Besides, if memory serves me right, that is where The Arrow's mum is from.   :)

TheArrow

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 12, 2021, 11:38:20 AM
Besides, if memory serves me right, that is where The Arrow's mum is from.   :)

Correct.

I see it as a "home event" of sorts.

Especially since it was chosen after my actual home town was considered and subsequently rejected right before Newcastle was selected.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

kennymiesta

I don't see it as being a bad calendar. I think the spacing between events is needed, mainly due to the fact of turning cars around. We don't have spare cars everywhere like other series do, so it is a bit hard to have racing every couple of weeks, even though that would be ideal.
Events wise, it'll probably be the two events I attend on this calendar. Bathurst is the obvious one (year number 23, and 21 in a row next year) which is only a 4 hour trip from home. And Newcastle I will most likely attend, considering it is only 30 mins from home. That is all dependent on if I feel up to it, due to the fact that I will 100% be at the 12 Hour the weekend before.
Fingers crossed for an uninterrupted calendar next year......

Joe5619

For the love of God, bring back the Sandown 500!!

mikeamerica84

Tailem Bend July 30-31.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/supercars-confirms-2022-return-to-the-bend/

If you listen real close you can hear South Australia cheering.

hsv8fan

Quote from: Joe5619 on December 15, 2021, 05:00:25 PM
For the love of God, bring back the Sandown 500!!

I'm with you. Needs to be prior to Bathurst again

SetonFan

So does anyone think Newcastle will actually happen? If not, do they cancel the Bathurst 12 Hour (which is also going to have issues potentially) and do another Mt Panorama 500 or back to Eastern Creek? Could switch Newcastle to season finale if they choose Eastern Creek.

Sonic

Quote from: SetonFan on January 09, 2022, 05:03:48 PM
So does anyone think Newcastle will actually happen? If not, do they cancel the Bathurst 12 Hour (which is also going to have issues potentially) and do another Mt Panorama 500 or back to Eastern Creek? Could switch Newcastle to season finale if they choose Eastern Creek.

12 rounds at Eastern Creek and season finale at Bathurst?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

skaifeman

Not sure if it's a good thing that the 500 relies on one politician, but he has certainly parked himself in the Motorsport corner:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/01/16/malinauskas-commits-to-sa-motorsport-board-2m-for-car-clubs/

If he's in, it could feature this year, at the very least next.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

I pulled out of Summernats this year to lead my team through the Covid explosion at work. The guys I normally share a few sites with all have Covid so happy to have dodged that bullet again! I highly doubt I will attend any events until this bull**** slows right down.

Calendar is not to bad but have to agree we need an enduro event leading into Bathurst. Sandown has been the most entertaining over the years so would probably be my first choice.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Sonic on January 09, 2022, 06:56:01 PM
Quote from: SetonFan on January 09, 2022, 05:03:48 PM

12 rounds at Eastern Creek and season finale at Bathurst?
Your clairvoyance is starting to show, Sonic!

Here is the SECOND swing of the bat:

Event
Date

Beaurepaires Sydney Supernight*   
March 4-6

Tasmania SuperSprint   
March 26-27

Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix   
April 7-10

Bunnings Trade Perth SuperNight*   
April 30-May 1

Winton SuperSprint