News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Seamer Gone

Started by drivexby, December 09, 2021, 04:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Next . . . . . . . . ..
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Troy01505

Sonic

you say that like it's a loss?

unfortunately the incoming don't seem to want to listen to the fans either and will just keep plodding along their merry way.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

Quote from: Sonic on December 10, 2021, 01:54:01 PM
unfortunately the incoming don't seem to want to listen to the fans either and will just keep plodding along their merry way.

I sincerely hope that the incomers go on to prove that you are wrong.

Hopeful, but not Optimistic. ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Sonic

Quote from: stevo qld on December 10, 2021, 04:03:52 PM
Quote from: Sonic on December 10, 2021, 01:54:01 PM

I sincerely hope that the incomers go on to prove that you are wrong.

Hopeful, but not Optimistic. ;D

ditto Stevo. but there is much more in motorsport world than just this one series and I have plenty that I enjoy :)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

TheArrow

I feel like hating on Seamer is trendy and that's why half the "fans" are celebrating his resignation.

Fact is he headed the series through some of the toughest times in Australian motorsport history. Something that likely none of us could have done, especially not any better.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

skaifeman

Quote from: TheArrow on December 12, 2021, 01:22:13 PM
I feel like hating on Seamer is trendy and that's why half the "fans" are celebrating his resignation.

Fact is he headed the series through some of the toughest times in Australian motorsport history. Something that likely none of us could have done, especially not any better.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I tend to agree. Couldn't imagine the logistics of piecing together a season(s) under the obvious circumstances.

We all act like he's the man making the big calls, when the reality is he has a large team feeding the information he needs. The decision is likely already made by costs/facts of data.
Not to mention he (and any before him) have been hamstrung by the teams owning a fair share.

I can't remember a CEO of Supercars that V8Central has liked? I imagine this will continue...
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

murph_fan51

It is strange that the bosses of Supercars tend to be disliked by the fans.
On the hand it seems everyone loves Alan Gow who runs the BTCC.

Who is the incoming?
debris debris debris

Roadways6

Quote from: murph_fan51 on December 12, 2021, 06:13:25 PM
It is strange that the bosses of Supercars tend to be disliked by the fans.
On the hand it seems everyone loves Alan Gow who runs the BTCC.

Who is the incoming?

Alan Gow hasn't sold the BTCC out like bosses of Supercars have

LG

Dane has now sold (to JW) the rest of his shares in 888.

Could he be positioning himself?

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/12/24/roland-dane-sells-remaining-triple-eight-shares/

Skip

I reckon Dane would do a bloody good job in the top spot. How would the armchair experts deal with perceived bias towards his daughter's team tho? 
Good luck to him I say.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Skip on December 24, 2021, 09:09:55 AM
I reckon Dane would do a bloody good job in the top spot. How would the armchair experts deal with perceived bias towards his daughter's team tho? 
Good luck to him I say.
Roger Penske owns Indy Cars and has teams and things seem to be going well.  Tony Stewart owns the All Star Sprints and Eldora Speedway and has a sprint car team, still races himself from time-to-time and that works well.  I actually think Roland would do fine.  If anything he would have to show a serious unbiased look to his own camp.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Troy01505

Quote from: Skip on December 24, 2021, 09:09:55 AM
Good luck to him I say.

It's not a position where being biased benefits anyone. He'd be in a position whose main job is to make the series and team's money by creating better racing. If her team was miles ahead of everyone else it would end the series.