News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022- up and down!

Started by REM, December 14, 2021, 07:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REM

So 2021 is run and done- who do you see up, and who do you see down in 2022! Top 5....and any after!

1. SVG static
2. ADP: Up
3. Waters: up
4. Mostert: down-hard to spilt- Waters was looking good till 4 rounds at SMP killed him....
5. Feeney- up

LG

Feeney is up from where?
:)  :)  :)

Troy01505

1. SVG - static or possibly down - 1st or 2nd
2. ADP - up - top 3
3. Brown - up -  top 5
4. Davison - down - outside the 10
5. Chaz - down - 5th or lower

mikeamerica84

Quote from: REM on December 14, 2021, 07:20:02 PM
Waters was looking good till 4 rounds at SMP killed him....
Very good point, REM.  Let us not allow the four-in-a-row SMPfest distort how teams will race the WHOLE campaign.  If you hit the nail on the head right out of the box at SMP this year, like ADP and Brown, you were gold.  If you were playing catchup right off the bat, like Tickford, you paid heavily.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

REM

Some big changes at T8 with no JW and loss of very experienced engineers- look at Shippy's affect at WAU the back half of the season...T8 will likely stay at the top, but those departing elsewhere should lift other teams....

Big call there Troy with Mostert and Davo! :D

Oh and LG- from Super2 of course!!

mikeamerica84

I'll take the Top 5 in the points this year for my starter (minus JW, of course):

1) SVG - Hold station.  Cannot go any higher than where he/the team is.
2) Chaz - Up, up and AWAAAAAY!
3) Will - Down like a shot WWII Messerschmidt of the Luftwaffe.
4) Cam - Up to the top of the Tickford group, which just might be out of these Top 5 here.  So, essentially down.
5) ADP - Up, but not too far up.

A lot is based on how this new car comes out of the box.  There will be BoP modifications after a few races I am sure.  But if I had to place my early bets they would be on T8 and WAU.  We'll see how the Erebus guys do over the whole year vice SMP.  Not that I wish them any back luck mind you, but I want to see the full monty.

Nice topic, REM.

Trevor

I would to think Anton will be up, but this team can be unpredictable now the money has gone
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

skaifeman

My 2022 Top 5:

1. van Gisbergen - STATIC -  He's at the peak of his powers, and this past season bloody consistent too!
2. de Pasquale - UP -  His dominance over SMP was a massive insight into his future, he'll be toe to toe with SVG.
3. Waters - UP - Lead driver at Tickford in what is a good car.
4. Mostert - DOWN - Blindingly quick, not so consistent.
5. Percat - UP - He won't be far behind Chaz in the WAU car.

Davison - DOWN - Ultra consistent, but can't see him challenging for race wins consistently. He'll be 5-7 mark in the Championship.
Erebus Boys - STATIC - The 8-9 spot in the Championship is about right. One of them might jump up to 6th or so if a few results go their way. Come 2023 I reckon these will be the two to watch, it'll me a more level playing field with the Gen3 cars introduced (refer the start of COTF).
Feeney - UP - I think he'll be around the 7-10th mark in the Championship. Race wins? No. A podium or two? Yes.

Actually fighting it out for the Championship, I think it's 2v2. SVG/Mostert from the Red side and ADP/Waters from the Blue. Already looking forward to 2022. The season ended far better than the F1.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Joe5619

I pray for Frosty -> UP!!

It should be interesting to see what ADP can do in year 2,  what Percat can do at WAU & how Feeney will go.. Also disappointed Tickford has 3 wasted very quick Mustangs.. Everyone else will be much of the same to this year.

REM

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on December 15, 2021, 10:16:18 AM
I'll take the Top 5 in the points this year for my starter (minus JW, of course):

1) SVG - Hold station.  Cannot go any higher than where he/the team is.
2) Chaz - Up, up and AWAAAAAY!
3) Will - Down like a shot WWII Messerschmidt of the Luftwaffe.
4) Cam - Up to the top of the Tickford group, which just might be out of these Top 5 here.  So, essentially down.
5) ADP - Up, but not too far up.

A lot is based on how this new car comes out of the box.  There will be BoP modifications after a few races I am sure.  But if I had to place my early bets they would be on T8 and WAU.  We'll see how the Erebus guys do over the whole year vice SMP.  Not that I wish them any back luck mind you, but I want to see the full monty.

Nice topic, REM.

New car? 2022 not 2023 Mike! ;)

mikeamerica84

Quote from: REM on December 15, 2021, 05:19:11 PM
New car? 2022 not 2023 Mike! ;)
You are right, REM.  My mind temporarily left me.   ::)  I was thinking along the lines of the new GM body and somehow advanced my thinking one year.

I hold by my upsies and downsies, though.

murph_fan51

Quote from: skaifeman on December 15, 2021, 10:33:40 AM
My 2022 Top 5:

1. van Gisbergen - STATIC -  He's at the peak of his powers, and this past season bloody consistent too!
2. de Pasquale - UP -  His dominance over SMP was a massive insight into his future, he'll be toe to toe with SVG.
3. Waters - UP - Lead driver at Tickford in what is a good car.
4. Mostert - DOWN - Blindingly quick, not so consistent.
5. Percat - UP - He won't be far behind Chaz in the WAU car.

Davison - DOWN - Ultra consistent, but can't see him challenging for race wins consistently. He'll be 5-7 mark in the Championship.
Erebus Boys - STATIC - The 8-9 spot in the Championship is about right. One of them might jump up to 6th or so if a few results go their way. Come 2023 I reckon these will be the two to watch, it'll me a more level playing field with the Gen3 cars introduced (refer the start of COTF).
Feeney - UP - I think he'll be around the 7-10th mark in the Championship. Race wins? No. A podium or two? Yes.
I think this is a pretty accurate presumption.
Though it wouldn't surprise me to see Feeney get a win.
debris debris debris

Skip

For mine: 2022 top 5
1st Giz
(Close) 2nd Waters
3rd Anton
4th Chaz
5th Percat.

Note: wouldn't be surprised to see Waters leapfrog Giz for the championship. 888 are good at change management, but the personnel they'll lose this off season has to have an impact.

REM

I reckon that is a big call Skippy-ol mate!! But I sure like it!!.....

ADP "should" be the highest place Stang next year......"should"..... ;)