News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 V8CFL Thoughts

Started by mikeamerica84, January 22, 2022, 04:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

While going over the upcoming 2022 season with at V8CFL Staff Headquarters here, where the snow covers the grounds, one of the topics at hand is what to do with SVG.  In my opinion he is heads and tails above the rest when trying to group him.  No matter what group he is in, mostly all will choose him.

So here is a proposal:  Either group him by himself wherein everyone gets him on their team or toss him out completely wherein no one gets him on their team.  After that process, the best of the rest (ADP, Chaz, Cam, etc.) can be evenly offered.

Also, with COVID still lurking about and the possibility of calendar changes, the need to put off/cancel the Tournament should be tabled.  It is hard to make a schedule of who v. who when the schedule keeps changing.

Thoughts are appreciated.  We are not going anywhere for awhile.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Helix

well we have had a brief discussion about this and i think SVG is a bit of a road runner this upcoming season, i very much hope Chaz and Cam and the DJR boys and even Erebus can match him but i don't see it right now.

I would be in support of just not having him as a playable character so to speak lol, he will still score his points and effect those around him but i think without a 100% legit challenger day in and day out , i don't see how anyone wouldn't choose him in that particular grouping, which negates that grouping all together.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on January 22, 2022, 04:36:29 AM
Also, with COVID still lurking about and the possibility of calendar changes, the need to put off/cancel the Tournament should be tabled.  It is hard to make a schedule of who v. who when the schedule keeps changing.
Case in point....

skaifeman

I'd be happy to leave SVG out. It's the same for everyone.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

Take SVG out but have us predict his finishing position in each race for a bonus point or points.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Kytabu on January 25, 2022, 11:46:33 AM
Take SVG out but have us predict his finishing position in each race for a bonus point or points.
Hmmmmm....... you have my attention, Kye.  Thanks.