News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

All Time Best Liveries

Started by brighty08, December 30, 2021, 11:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brighty08

There was a thread on the old website i believe but not on the new one. Anyway it is the off season so let's take a trip down memory lane. Here's some beauties of the last 10 or so years.
First that comes to mind is Frosty from 2012

Another good one is Brighty from 2009

HRT's 2016 car was looking sharp

Lastly I think that Courntey's Jim Beam Falcon from 2010 is right up there.

murph_fan51

Will let the pictures do the talking. There will be some more I'll add when they come to mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
debris debris debris

mikeamerica84

Quote from: brighty08 on December 30, 2021, 11:54:08 PM
Lastly I think that Courntey's Jim Beam Falcon from 2010 is right up there.
I, too, brighty.  I'll take it one notch higher and say BOTH of the Jim Beam Falcons!

The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

REM

FPR 2013 fire and Ice
Bright 2006 Cat Car
2017 Waters Sandown winner
2005 HRT red car
2005 Ambrose
2017 Scotty DJR
2006 Wintterbottom Cobra
2014 FPR Bathurst winner

the undertaker

Lowndes green eyed monster.

Damn probably too old, sorry. Bit like me

Happy New Year anyway😊

Jetpac013

Some of my favorites from over the years  ;D

murph_fan51

Quote from: REM on December 31, 2021, 07:53:17 AM
FPR 2013 fire and Ice
Bright 2006 Cat Car
2005 HRT red car
2005 Ambrose
2017 Scotty DJR
2006 Wintterbottom Cobra
2014 FPR Bathurst winner
I can't think what differences there were from the 2017 Waters Sandown winner vs season car?
All Monster liveries are very similar, much like Red Bull, therefore no real standout or all time best.
The green eyed monster didn't do it for me, had it been on the BA instead of the ugly AU model.
Also the 2015 Bathurst HRT has to be added to the list.

debris debris debris

mikeamerica84

This one was always straight to the point.  Simple, well colored, and something a lot of wrenchers can relate to:

Especially if you were/are a Valvoline man.   ;D

mikeamerica84

Good topic/thread for the off-season brighty!   ;D

REM

Quote from: murph_fan51 on December 31, 2021, 02:08:15 PM
Quote from: REM on December 31, 2021, 07:53:17 AM
FPR 2013 fire and Ice
Bright 2006 Cat Car
2005 HRT red car
2005 Ambrose
2017 Scotty DJR
2006 Wintterbottom Cobra
2014 FPR Bathurst winner
I can't think what differences there were from the 2017 Waters Sandown winner vs season car?

And for that very reason, the 2017 season car must be up there too! ;)

kennymiesta

Well, my list could be a mile long.

I'll start with my all time favourite. I'm rather bias due to the fact that Greg Murphy was my guy when I was growing up and I now subsequently own a VY SS, so it is my only logic answer to the best looking car of all time for me. There are a few that follow very closely.

kennymiesta

Sorry for the second post in a row. Didn't mean to press submit, only preview. Anyhow, here is more to my list.

I can't put the next few cars in any order, as I love them all equally as much:

1984 VK Brock Commodores. An iconic look with a twist on what was a continuous livery. And they went very well, which always helps.

1979 A9X Torana. What an absolutely gorgeous road car with a gorgeous paint scheme to go with it.

Any Larry Perkins Castrol Livery. The ones from the 90's were always so "Larry" and became an iconic look.

I thought the '01 Castrol livery was awesome looking as well (is there such thing as a bad Castrol livery? The '99 VT's looked great, as did the '00 VT's and also the '03 VY)

And then there is the 2005 Bathurst winner. The #2 HRT Commodore. One of the most simple, yet best looking race cars to exist.

kennymiesta

Sorry, just me again. I thought of some more  ;D

One of the best liveries to never race. The HRT Test livery from I think 2016?

Another one of those simple, yet effective HRT Liveries. The 1990 Bathurst winner.

And then the subsequent retro livery that went with it.

Talking about Retro liveries, I think one of the best retro liveries to date was the 2012 / 1977 FPR Bathurst livery. They absolutely nailed it and the FG Falcon suited the livery perfectly.

On the note of Fords, I am a Holden man through & through. However, my first memory of racing came when I was only 18 months old in 1994, sitting on my dads arms at The Chase, and I vividly remember firstly hearing, then watching the DJR Falcon come roaring over the crest on Conrod. The Yellow & Blue livery has stuck with me as possibly the best livery the Blue Oval has produced. (You can see my theme of simple, clean liveries).

There is no doubt I am going to think of more, but I'll leave it at this for now.

Skip

You've got great taste Kenny!
For me it's HDTs 84 fagpacks, their 87 VL then HRTs 97 commie, back when the lion on the door meant something special.
In the ford camp I reckon Seton's EA/EB PJ falcons (as much as I hated them winning!) and 888's early Betta Electrical units were pretty smick too. Any of the recent cooldrive liveries are the pick of the current era imho.   

Skip

Oh and I reckon Gardner's VR coke commodores looked pretty sweet too, when they weren't crumpled up against the Armco 😬