News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Round 8 - The Bend *Spoilers*

Started by skaifeman, August 19, 2023, 06:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Quote from: muz on August 23, 2023, 07:51:09 PMI see the point of suggesting Ingall, but this guy goes too far the other way for me.

He is always overtly negative to the establishment, he is actively seeking love and support from jaded fans who like it better how it used to be, or who think the grass is greener somewhere else.

He isn't objective, he is just hard the other way and revels in rebellion and outrage. That is equally not good for the sport, just like the love fest is not.

Ingall, what a character driving, but he is a divider, not a uniter.

I can agree on Ingall, your comments are bang on, but he wasn't as lopsided when doing the Fox gig.
We just need a contrast to Skaife, and Skaife needs to just become a sideline 'expert' (not pitlane) similar to Andrew Johns/Cam Smith - who can't commentate, but provide fairly decent insight through the 'players' eyes.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Bloopy

Quote from: skaifeman on August 21, 2023, 08:54:19 AMI'm also confused about the Reynolds penalty... he seemed further up than Waters/SVG the day before? Difference was a car ended in the sand.
The stewards the day before suggested that if any overlap was established you can't turn down.
I just got around to watching this. I think the only reason Reynolds got that overlap was that he gave Feeney a bump at the previous turn, so that probably contributed to the penalty. Still, Feeney would've been wise not to turn in so aggressively and throw away valuable teams championship points to Erebus!