News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Silly Season 2023

Started by murph_fan51, January 02, 2022, 07:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe5619

Davison is actually starting to impress me.. I honest to God thought DePasquale was going to run rings around Davison, but that's not the case.. Based on current form, DJR would be crazy to sign anyone other than Davison for 2023.

Wrighty05

WAU to race Mustangs is the word

V8SuperRiley

WAU To Ford..

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/05/03/waus-shock-ford-supercars-switch/

Very interesting if true. I'm happy for there to be a couple of extra fords on the grid if true.

skaifeman

Rumour now has it that another team, in addition to WAU, will also shift to Mustangs.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

stevo qld

Quote from: skaifeman on May 06, 2022, 02:43:59 PM
Rumour now has it than another team, in addition to WAU, will also shift to Mustangs.

The rumour that MSR would possibly go Ford has been around for a long time, unless you mean a different team.

But, MSR did not fare well in previous dealings with DJR. Remember the Falcon purchases.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

BJR crosses back and the field will be close enough to a 50 50 split.
Ford Faithful

skaifeman

Quote from: stevo qld on May 06, 2022, 02:49:46 PM
Rumour now has it than another team, in addition to WAU, will also shift to Mustangs.

The rumour that MSR would possibly go Ford has been around for a long time, unless you mean a different team.

But, MSR did not fare well in previous dealings with DJR. Remember the Falcon purchases.

Makes sense it would be MSR. There's now a few others they can deal with - Tickford, WAU, even Grove.

It would seem that Ford now have the better incentive package over GM. Same reason that so many ran Holden's for many years.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

Quote from: skaifeman on May 06, 2022, 04:52:14 PM
Quote from: stevo qld on May 06, 2022, 02:49:46 PM

Makes sense it would be MSR. There's now a few others they can deal with - Tickford, WAU, even Grove.

It would seem that Ford now have the better incentive package over GM. Same reason that so many ran Holden's for many years.

Exactly. 3 years from now there will be more Mustangs, triple 8 may have shot themselves in the foot with the pricing of ZB gear!

skaifeman

The rumour mill proves wrong: https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/05/07/ford-rules-out-adding-sixth-supercars-team/

Not a bad Ford line-up next year, I'd say they'd take up 2/3 of the front of the grid (they almost already do).
DJR
WAU
Tickford
Grove
BRT

GM:
Erebus
BJR
Team18
MSR
PremiAir

nickmossdesign

NMD nickmossdesign - 2023 Matt Stone Racing / Truck Assist / Chevrolet / camaro / Supercar / gen3 / launch / 3d / render

www.nickmossdesign.com | f: @nickmossdesign.com | ig: @nickmossdesign | x: @nickmossdesign

stevo qld

Both Mustang and Camaro will be race winning machines.

The MSR decision is right based on the 888 support available to them as Camaro entrants.

There is apparently no avenue of Ford support that even comes close to that offered by 888.

MSR, in any case, had a bad experience when running DJR equipment and soon shelved it.

If MSR made the decision before the Ford announcement, then well done.

If Ford made the announcement before MSR has finalised it's plans, then Ford did MSR a great favour.

Simple decision really. Camaro with 888, the GM homologation team and continued support not available for the Mustang.

(I do wonder if Nick Moss knew of the decision, or had designs for both cars, pending the decision.)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

REM

Depends how how you look at things Steveo, one of the reasons Gary mentioned that GRM left the series was the exclusive deal with T8 for ZB parts and panels and the very high costs of such.....and it seems customers getting the latest and the greatest bits as the 97 and the 88 run is somewhat tricky too...where as there was/is more freedom of approach with Ford...I would additionally factor in that the death knell of the Camaro is well and truly sounded and it is withdrawn from GT4 racing in the US, the very same time it starts racing here.....it seems a one make series is inevitable and more than likely a T8 Stang will be on in the future (Hogster badges anyone? Careful who you burn in a 2 horse town hey!)....if v8 racing survives at all that is.....

stevo qld

I was looking at it from an MSR point of view (and T18 and PremiAir ).

They basically rely on getting 888 cars and 888 advice, at a price they are willing to pay. This keeps their internal team costs down to compensate. This is not unusual. Dick and Charlie purchased 888 cars and won a championship.

GRM was, and is, a different type of operation with extensive car building facilities and preferred to do their own thing. So now that have control of a whole class in S5000, but maybe have to buy bits for their French shopping trollies in TCR.

Several of the teams that will be running Ford are more like GRM in that they like to build their own cars.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

REM

Quote from: stevo qld on May 14, 2022, 03:04:08 PM

They basically rely on getting 888 cars and 888 advice, at a price they are willing to pay. This keeps their internal team costs down to compensate. This is not unusual. Dick and Charlie purchased 888 cars and won a championship.

GRM was, and is, a different type of operation with extensive car building facilities and preferred to do their own thing. So now that have control of a whole class in S5000, but maybe have to buy bits for their French shopping trollies in TCR.

Several of the teams that will be running Ford are more like GRM in that they like to build their own cars.

To be honest....based on results and speed...if I was Team18....I'd be shopping around.....

stevo qld

Quote from: REM on May 14, 2022, 04:16:54 PM
Quote from: stevo qld on May 14, 2022, 03:04:08 PM

To be honest....based on results and speed...if I was Team18....I'd be shopping around.....

The problem is that there is no other shop. I suppose they could look to Erebus, but would they build customer cars when they already have to build their own three and BJR is flat out just getting four cars competitive. Apart from drivers, part of T18's problem is a location a long way away from their 888 support and rebuild facilities, but their aging cars will be replaced with brand spankers for this year.
ALBERT EINSTEIN