Author Topic: Silly Season 2023  (Read 7096 times)

REM

Re: Silly Season 2023
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2022, 07:48:53 AM »
The car seemed to go better when it was largely a Tickford car, since they have added a DJR engine and other bits...it seems to have lost it's way.....and ironically, the Tickford cars are probably the best Stangs out there now and third best package overall behind the super ZB's of T8 and WAU...

Offline murph_fan51

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2022, 08:34:11 AM »
The WAU cars are really good as you say that NP is 15th and Chaz 5th  ??? Hardly better. Chaz and Adam the main reason here.

As for the opening post of this topic, Stanaway and Boost happening? What’s the bet Adderton will do a back flip and we’ll see them on a Supercar next year  ::)

Offline CP

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2022, 06:23:13 PM »
The WAU cars are really good as you say that NP is 15th and Chaz 5th  ??? Hardly better. Chaz and Adam the main reason here.

As for the opening post of this topic, Stanaway and Boost happening? What’s the bet Adderton will do a back flip and we’ll see them on a Supercar next year  ::)

Mr Boost could even have a share in the category itself given the current ownership muddle.

Offline stevo qld

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2022, 07:42:19 PM »

Mr Boost could even have a share in the category itself given the current ownership muddle.

Good point!

Now that the Payne shares have been sold, there remains about a 15% shareholding by the Rogers, who are also shareholders in ARG.

They were very unhappy that a very well prices takeover was rejected by RACE. That may be an underestimation of their wrath/disapointment based on news reports.

They might feel justified in selling all their shareholding in both organisations to Adderton if he makes a suitable offer. Would he really want to???

There would be nothing to stop them continuing to run a TCR team and a TransAm team simply as entrants.

They would at least get a superior return on their investment by selling to a higher bidder and it only takes 10% plus 1 shares to stymie compulsory share sales in a takeover.

GRM still has a substantial investment in S5000, which rarely uses the cars available. They have had offers to buy the cars, intellectual property and all from USA.

Gary has been a stalwart of Motorsport for many decades. Although we share an annual birthday, his was a few years earlier. I feel old.

Barry was and is a businessman, who may share his father's Motorsport dreams, but surely not at any cost.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Offline skaifeman

• View Profile
"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Offline mikeamerica84

• V8CFL Tsar
    • View Profile
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Offline Troy01505

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2022, 04:44:15 PM »
ADP and Will D signed for 23.....
https://autoaction.com.au/2022/08/17/dick-johnson-racings-big-week-rounded-out-with-driver-signings?fbclid=IwAR0kemWJWABKs3WZ4TBj1H2TKkwwRK0-YW6KanxVjEF4lJL7XQ52L16Ed54

Good moves.
Agree.  I don't care how old he is, Will is at the top of his game.

Smart move but I reckon will was at the top of his game at the end of his Tickford run, they just couldn’t give him the equipment.

Offline Joe5619

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2022, 01:58:17 PM »
I've never been a fan of Will D, but his really impressed me this year, I can't believe his drive was ever in question..

Offline skaifeman

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2022, 10:39:35 AM »
Shock retirement for Holdsworth:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/holdsworth-announces-shock-retirement/

Not sure what's shocking? He wraps up at the end of the year, as was as far as I'm aware, always the (likely) plan with Payne coming in.
Wonder if he goes straight back to WAU come 2023, he'd be hot property in the co-driver market after his showing last year.
"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Offline Sonic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Phil Wisewould Photography
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2022, 10:57:46 AM »
Shock retirement for Holdsworth:
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/holdsworth-announces-shock-retirement/

Not sure what's shocking? He wraps up at the end of the year, as was as far as I'm aware, always the (likely) plan with Payne coming in.
Wonder if he goes straight back to WAU come 2023, he'd be hot property in the co-driver market after his showing last year.

Kind of agree here.

But the difference I think is that this year he gets to finish on his own terms rather than being kicked out unexpectedly.

Also agree he'll be in demand for Bathursts to come and maybe even as a GT pairing?

If we get lucky in Vic we might even get to have a Caruso/Holdsworth pairing for the Excel enduro at year's end! :D
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Offline mikeamerica84

• V8CFL Tsar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2022, 11:23:01 AM »
Good for Lee!  Hope "retirement" works out well for him. 

I am on the brink of it myself at the end of this year.

Offline skaifeman

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2022, 12:38:40 PM »

Not as the Fantasy Tsar I hope!

Offline mikeamerica84

• V8CFL Tsar
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2022, 07:28:07 PM »

Not as the Fantasy Tsar I hope!
No.  No.  REAL world.