News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Sydney Supernight - May contain spoilers

Started by hsv8fan, July 18, 2024, 05:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

really... what is the point of them doing their celebratory burnout at the back of the circuit where nobody is (save the tv cameraman and maybe accredited photographers)...

they should be allowed to come down onto the front straight after the race in front of the grandstand for this event.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

SetonFan

Quote from: skaifeman on July 21, 2024, 04:34:39 PMWhat a move by Matt Payne at T1.

That was awesome. Meanwhile starting to think Stanaway's time might be up - he's had a lot of chances.

djr18fan

Quote from: SetonFan on July 21, 2024, 11:20:47 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on July 21, 2024, 04:34:39 PMWhat a move by Matt Payne at T1.

That was awesome. Meanwhile starting to think Stanaway's time might be up - he's had a lot of chances.
He started the year quite well. Bad weekend at Sydney.

skaifeman

Quote from: djr18fan on July 22, 2024, 08:21:34 AM

Rumour is Anton may squeeze him out.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stevo qld

I have been surprised by Stanaway's poor form in a top 5 car. He appears to be better suited to a co-driver's role.

888 must be happy that they ignored SVG's recommendation of Stanaway to replace him.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

The mid-pack racing has been spiced up. From the last few races it's nice to see the leaders can go toe to toe and not bash each out of they way.
Ford Faithful

muz

Quote from: skaifeman on July 22, 2024, 09:25:57 AM

Makes sense that Anton ends up there and Kai Allen at DJR.

I would love to know why Stanaway struggles in the supercar so much - kinda reminds me a bit of Alex Davison.

djr18fan

Quote from: muz on July 25, 2024, 03:54:28 AM
Quote from: skaifeman on July 22, 2024, 09:25:57 AM

Makes sense that Anton ends up there and Kai Allen at DJR.

I would love to know why Stanaway struggles in the supercar so much - kinda reminds me a bit of Alex Davison.
From what I've read, seen & heard, for some reason he's quick on new tyres but struggles on worn tyres. Possibly tends to go to hard and overheat them early. It was an explanation given for why he's so good in wet weather - can generate heat in wet tyres in the rain.

Next year's Dunlops may suit him very well.

AlbertM

It was one of Tickfords pet-peeves that Stanaway was over driving the car. Shame. I thought he would have been great after his masterful performance at Bathurst in the rain.
Ford Faithful

Troy01505

Stanaway needs tyres that can be worked hard and still hold grip to superstar a race. He is very talented but may be better suited to another category.