Author Topic: WAU to race Mustangs  (Read 2873 times)

Offline WarrenK

• View Profile
Re: WAU to race Mustangs
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2022, 09:01:36 PM »
Would they be in the mind to do more Ford conversions ala what they're doing with the Silverado? Maybe even an eye as the Ford homologation team given there's now a Penske sized hole in the market.

With the Ford announcement that they're bringing the F150 here next year and converting them to RHD and selling through dealers, my money is on Walkinshaw to be the partner in this. Nice tie in, get Ford factory support plus a deal to convert F150s
Walkinshaw will have nothing to do with F150 conversion.  "The F-150 will be remanufactured to right-hand drive by RMA Automotive at a facility in Mickleham, Victoria."

Offline REM

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2022, 05:20:57 PM »
As good as it will be to see Chaz back at home in the blue, really hope that WAU can find some consistency!

Offline Troy01505

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Yesterday at 04:24:58 PM »

Offline murph_fan51

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Yesterday at 07:05:52 PM »

Offline skaifeman

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Yesterday at 08:01:18 PM »
Ryan interested! Only a matter of time before we can buy a Mustang similar to the Commodores HSV upgrades I reckon.

https://autoaction.com.au/2022/05/26/walkinshaw-interested-in-expanding-performance-business-with-ford?fbclid=IwAR2sYXEj0nzysElrvRUMxwTWw4nCG5qhDxOQGvRSpWHVCvKhUSsfMJjrs6E&fs=e&s=cl

Highly doubt it'll reflect what HSV had with Holden. More likely to be what they're currently doing with the Amarok and the VE/F performance upgrades.
It'll be tough for them, because Tickford and even Herrod would be more so seen as the 'official' factory partner.

I don't think we'll ever again see a local performance arm do what HSV and FPV did in their time.
"Ford’s Bathurst winning bonus didn’t even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977