News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Fabs - GC Storms....

Started by Sonic, December 28, 2023, 05:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

https://speedcafe.com/coulthard-loses-house-in-gold-coast-storms/?fbclid=IwAR1kh_RlaOD4ijXXuDoINiruegPo6RC8XWW-2juyh4U1M2fB_hk_M8-zyVo

while this is a shallow link I got a laugh, not because Fabs and his family have lost their house (thankfully all ok for them) but for what is currently showing as the first comment...

some folk have long memories it seems

====

Rex
2 hours ago
Fabs will be ok, he is careful of debris

====
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Bloopy

Having learned they're thankfully ok, I'm certainly not above having a laugh at a well-paid driver, but some people in the comments didn't see it the same way. It is a bit unfortunate the debris thing will follow Fabs around for the rest of his life even though it wasn't his idea. He may even prefer to be remembered for the Chase rollover above that!

Sonic

absolutely Bloopy. some failed to see the humourous side to it.

as with you, knowing that Fabs and fam are ok, a joke is ok I reckon.

even to the point that a laugh in a dark place brightens the room a little (though I doubt Fabs would be laughing that it is still following him all these years on. sad that one moment in a good career is what he is remembered for rather than his driving)

Troy01505

No good people losing all their ****.

Hopefully that bonus cheque he would have received comes in handy.

Sonic

Quote from: Troy01505 on December 29, 2023, 09:04:50 PMNo good people losing all their ****.

Hopefully that bonus cheque he would have received comes in handy.

agreed... but losing lives is a whole lot worse and thankfully all are well in this instance.

murph_fan51

I am on holiday, was in Upper Coomera today visiting the GC Motor Museum, the area is really destructed. We were lucky to avoid road closures and to make it to the museum.
Glad Fabs is ok, I'm sure his insurance is sorting it out and living happily ever after...
debris debris debris