News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Gen 3

Started by LG, May 12, 2021, 08:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murph_fan51

Quote from: madbugger on October 29, 2023, 06:52:52 PM
Quote from: murph_fan51 on October 29, 2023, 06:46:24 PM
Quote from: madbugger on October 29, 2023, 05:50:51 PMCamaro lose 2 races in a row, Parity trigger reached for aero and downforce upgrades.
Looks like madbugger has just finished his school homework and here he is  :P

It will be interesting to see the outcome of the wind tunnel tests. What happens if the Mustang/Camaro has had an aero advantage? Will they fix the cars there and re test?
Looks like madbugger doesn't comprehend sarcasm
debris debris debris

madbugger

Quote from: murph_fan51 on October 29, 2023, 06:53:59 PM
Quote from: madbugger on October 29, 2023, 06:52:52 PM
Quote from: murph_fan51 on October 29, 2023, 06:46:24 PM
Quote from: madbugger on October 29, 2023, 05:50:51 PMCamaro lose 2 races in a row, Parity trigger reached for aero and downforce upgrades.
Looks like madbugger has just finished his school homework and here he is  :P

It will be interesting to see the outcome of the wind tunnel tests. What happens if the Mustang/Camaro has had an aero advantage? Will they fix the cars there and re test?
Looks like madbugger doesn't comprehend sarcasm

No prizes for second place except a bag of 💩, so see yourself out
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

fordman

Anyone else notice in Cams interview he had to "whisper" the "P" word????

I have often believed the teams, drivers, commentators, have been warned off from saying it. 

madbugger

Quote from: fordman on October 29, 2023, 07:33:10 PMAnyone else notice in Cams interview he had to "whisper" the "P" word????

I have often believed the teams, drivers, commentators, have been warned off from saying it. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they had
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

AlbertM

Quote from: fordman on October 29, 2023, 07:33:10 PMAnyone else notice in Cams interview he had to "whisper" the "P" word????

Because Supercars spent the majority of the year stating they had it right. Now they are trying to spin they planned to go wind tunnel testing all along.
Ford Faithful

skaifeman

Quote from: AlbertM on October 29, 2023, 08:36:02 PM

Because Supercars spent the majority of the year stating they had it right. Now they are trying to spin they planned to go wind tunnel testing all along.
Is that what they're doing? Saying that wind testing was always planned?
Rough go if so...
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Just having a pondering moment...

So now they are about to spend $X to ship the 2 cars to the US for PROPER aero testing.

So if that is all done to full effect they will come back to Oz perfectly equal.... in aero.

But will it really be equal? 2 completely different engines with very different mechanical architecture that they have also been fiddling with all year as well. How do they plan to fix that issue so that the cars are actually equal?

Outside of the body shape and engine I think everything else is identical? (well except maybe for the bits that set the Ford's on fire early this year)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

djr18fan

Quote from: Sonic on November 09, 2023, 12:46:00 PMJust having a pondering moment...

So now they are about to spend $X to ship the 2 cars to the US for PROPER aero testing.

So if that is all done to full effect they will come back to Oz perfectly equal.... in aero.

But will it really be equal? 2 completely different engines with very different mechanical architecture that they have also been fiddling with all year as well. How do they plan to fix that issue so that the cars are actually equal?

Outside of the body shape and engine I think everything else is identical? (well except maybe for the bits that set the Ford's on fire early this year)
Comparative testing on transient dynos is scheduled for this month.
https://www.supercars.com/news/supercars-confirms-additional-technical-performance-measures-for-future

Ford Performance says that's a good thing. https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/05/30/ford-on-supercars-parity-tools-carmakers-use-transient-dynos-for-a-reason/ 

hsv8fan

But will it really be equal?
It will never be equal. 1 team will always do better on the day and win.
Can't have 25 or 24 (next year) first place trophies, however maybe that is the generation ( whatever it is now) and expectation we live in these days

stevo qld

Just imagine the uproar if wind tunnel testing reveals that it is actually the Camaro that is deficient.  ;D  ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Sonic

Quote from: hsv8fan on November 09, 2023, 05:22:11 PMBut will it really be equal?
It will never be equal. 1 team will always do better on the day and win.
Can't have 25 or 24 (next year) first place trophies, however maybe that is the generation ( whatever it is now) and expectation we live in these days

Never said that hsv!

Just that the cars should all be equal so that all drivers have a chance IF they are good enough. The whole Oprah thing of everyone gets a medal can get a royal flush I reckon!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

AlbertM

There will be strength and weaknesses with each brand. The point is to have a based line to compare. The failure of Gen 3 this year was that based line was determined from testing in different conditions. The initial engine testing was done at different locations by different personal. Aero design was done by separate parties. Even the chassis had differing elements used. Such as aluminium and steel.

Testing results were kept from DJR/Ford until August. And that was probably only from a threat from Ford leaving. They had no idea how to compare to the Camaro when designing the aero or tuning the engine. No baseline could be set.

By testing side by side, with data transparency a baseline can be established.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: stevo qld on November 09, 2023, 07:02:01 PMJust imagine the uproar if wind tunnel testing reveals that it is actually the Camaro that is deficient.  ;D  ;D
That would prove all past VCAT and CFD testing is illegitimate. Something us Fordies have been saying for some time.
Ford Faithful

Troy01505

Quote from: AlbertM on November 14, 2023, 02:45:30 PM
Quote from: stevo qld on November 09, 2023, 07:02:01 PMJust imagine the uproar if wind tunnel testing reveals that it is actually the Camaro that is deficient.  ;D  ;D
That would prove all past VCAT and CFD testing is illegitimate. Something us Fordies have been saying for some time.

All past testing has been a crock of ****. From COTF until today there has been a brand with a significant disadvantage

muz

So, are we happy with parity?

Ford's walked past the Chev's in Adelaide today. I'm glad to see the Ford competitive, but it seems to have swung too far the other way.

Lucky we have wind tunnel testing before 2024 so that we hopefully get a tight season.