News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Gen 3

Started by LG, May 12, 2021, 08:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

Not about Ford winning? Your evidence is "too much blue at the top". And you keep ignoring what happened to the fast Camaros. Ford teams aren't stupid. They can adapt to the changes, they have been chasing setup all year to overcome disparity.

Ford Faithful

muz

Quote from: AlbertM on December 02, 2023, 09:02:35 PMNot about Ford winning? Your evidence is "too much blue at the top". And you keep ignoring what happened to the fast Camaros. Ford teams aren't stupid. They can adapt to the changes, they have been chasing setup all year to overcome disparity.

Haha. Man, you are a punish. When there is a swing, in the way there is a swing like we saw, to me that doesn't have it right - no matter which color it is.

But as usual, no one can say anything that will remotely look like being against Ford without you getting your back up.

skaifeman

I sense that Albert is more getting to the point of, Chev had the advantage for 85% of the year, it's okay for Ford to have it for the remaining 15%, based on the race results alone.

As I keep saying, there is as much evidence as Ford having an advantage as when it was seen that Chev had the advantage.
The parity tools that Supercars use are still the same.

As a topic of interest, it would be interesting to see if the parity review was on the verge of being triggered.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

Actually I'm pointing the Chevs are still faster. All year the Chev have been able to catch, pass and gap the Fords. We never saw that in the last 4 races. In race 26 Brodie set the fastest lap while chasing down Reynolds (granted it was a bee's dick difference).

ADL saw 3 of the fastest Chev were removed so it would be only logical that 3 of the next best teams fill that gap. That's not a measure of performance.

Hey Muz! This is a discussion forum. The whole point of it, is to discuss topics. Offering up differing opinions, not a circle jerk.  You clearly can't handle my support for Ford. Because I am a Ford supporter... Derrr!  :P  8)

I get what you're saying. But you are leaving out why and how so much blue got to the front. You just don't like it that I'm poking holes in your theory.
Ford Faithful

muz

Quote from: AlbertM on December 04, 2023, 11:04:12 PMActually I'm pointing the Chevs are still faster. All year the Chev have been able to catch, pass and gap the Fords. We never saw that in the last 4 races. In race 26 Brodie set the fastest lap while chasing down Reynolds (granted it was a bee's dick difference).

ADL saw 3 of the fastest Chev were removed so it would be only logical that 3 of the next best teams fill that gap. That's not a measure of performance.

Hey Muz! This is a discussion forum. The whole point of it, is to discuss topics. Offering up differing opinions, not a circle jerk.  You clearly can't handle my support for Ford. Because I am a Ford supporter... Derrr!  :P  8)

I get what you're saying. But you are leaving out why and how so much blue got to the front. You just don't like it that I'm poking holes in your theory.

I don't mind that you're poking holes, it's a forum. I don't agree with your opinion and nor you mine.

It's all good.

I get where you are coming from too (and what our mediator Skaifeman says ;) )

Core problem is. Gen3 was mishandled massively. And no one knows their face from their ass and what is right and fair.

And it's all good, we can support Ford together. I'm a Payne/Grove fan. But let's lay off the circle jerking...we don't do that where I am from.

Bloopy

Quote from: muz on November 30, 2023, 08:59:02 AMIt wasn't right when it was a Camaro steam train, and seeing Ford fill the majority of the top half after a parity change also is not right.

I want to see the two makes go toe to toe, and we have rarely seen that in 2023.
We rarely saw that when Triple 8 Holdens won 5 out of 6 championships between 2011-2016 if you ask me. Now that Supercars has been trying to improve things and stumbling along the way, it seems fans get worked up into far more of a furore than they would've if Supercars hadn't tried to change anything. I find it quite bizarre.

The 1st year of Gen 3 was always going to be a mess given they even wanted to introduce it in the middle of a season at one point. I'm not convinced the data & results are even worth arguing about. I'll just start my quibbles with 2024 on a clean slate. :D

AlbertM

Aero testing is underway in the US. Supercars have put out a vague video as expected. It looks like they are going with post Bathurst Mustang kit. I hope more technical detail comes out eventually.

Gotta laugh though how Supercars are making such a big deal out it. Not only trying to drown out their woeful introduction of Gen3. But are one of the last major categories to test in a wind tunnel.
Ford Faithful

murph_fan51

Quote from: AlbertM on December 10, 2023, 10:39:44 AMAero testing is underway in the US. Supercars have put out a vague video as expected. It looks like they are going with post Bathurst Mustang kit. I hope more technical detail comes out eventually.

Gotta laugh though how Supercars are making such a big deal out it. Not only trying to drown out their woeful introduction of Gen3. But are one of the last major categories to test in a wind tunnel.
The teams didn't help either. Teams should have been saying before this year that Gen3 needs wind tunnel testing.
It wasn't until months after pre season aero testing that DJ started to mention it.
Of all the clever engineers you would think...
debris debris debris

djr18fan

Quote from: AlbertM on December 10, 2023, 10:39:44 AMAero testing is underway in the US. Supercars have put out a vague video as expected. It looks like they are going with post Bathurst Mustang kit. I hope more technical detail comes out eventually.

People would complain if Supercars didn't keep fans advised of the aero testing.

AlbertM

Quote from: murph_fan51 on December 10, 2023, 02:54:19 PM

The teams didn't help either. Teams should have been saying before this year that Gen3 needs wind tunnel testing.
It wasn't until months after pre season aero testing that DJ started to mention it.
Of all the clever engineers you would think...

Only if you ignore Walkinshaw, Edwards, Rushbrook, Adderton....

Zac Brown offered to help. https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/12/09/zak-brown-disappointed-by-supercars-silence/
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: djr18fan on December 10, 2023, 05:42:31 PM

People would complain if Supercars didn't keep fans advised of the aero testing.

Other than they are wind tunnel testing. Supercars haven't said anything else...yet.
Ford Faithful

djr18fan

Quote from: AlbertM on December 10, 2023, 07:52:07 PM
Quote from: djr18fan on December 10, 2023, 05:42:31 PM

Other than they are wind tunnel testing. Supercars haven't said anything else...yet.
So they're not making a big deal out of it and trying to drown out their woeful introduction of Gen3 after all. 

AlbertM

Only if you completely forget what Supercars has previously said about aero parity. Just a several months ago Supercars had no intention of wind tunnel testing. VCAT was best practice. The cars are so close...yadda yadda.  All of a sudden wind tunnel testing was the best way forward and they are going to milk it for everything to get their credibility back.

I do wonder. Supercars direction changed just after Ford pulled sponsorship and put a question mark over series involvement. After all, Ford packing up would be fatal to Supercars business plan.
Ford Faithful

muz

Seems that wind tunnel isn't eh be all and end all: https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/12/07/indy-winning-engineers-warning-to-supercars/

Also interesting that you see F1 teams also mixing wind tunnel and on-track testing.

One thing it does come down to, Supercars tries to control EVERYTHING...maybe loosening the grip a little will help the series. At the moment, it is really micromanaged.

stevo qld

Remember that Supercars is a private travelling roadshow.

A lot of their shows are not even available on TV unless you pay.

As owners, it is their right to make decisions.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN