News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Gen 3

Started by LG, May 12, 2021, 08:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

Quote from: CP on October 13, 2021, 12:22:53 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on October 13, 2021, 11:43:22 AM
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/supercars-statement-regarding-gen3/

No one saw that coming. ;)

I'm so completely and utterly stunned.

Doesn't really surprise me. Current management couldn't organise a root in a brothel with a fist full of fifties.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

LG

I think that's something we all knew.
It's just that Supercars wouldn't admit it to themselves.

Troy01505

Was always an impossible task to have every team debuting 2022 in the timeframe teams were given. Maybe Dane and Story could've pulled it off but the others had no chance.

stevo qld

The Gen 3 Mustang has had a test run.

Tony Quinn was probably there cleaning the dunnies.

QuoteFord homologation team Dick Johnson Racing has given its Gen3 specification Mustang prototype its long-awaited first shakedown at Queensland Raceway.

Alex Davison, who is set to pair up with brother Will in this year's Repco Bathurst 1000, conducted the landmark first test.

Supercars had staff onsite at the test and watched from afar at the Sydney headquarters, live streaming and data-sharing throughout the test.

"It's definitely been an exciting day for everyone at Supercars, and the rest of the Gen3 steering group, who have worked tirelessly to get to this point," Burgess told the official Supercars website.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/10/gen3-ford-mustang-prototype-cuts-first-laps/

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/10/why-cleaning-toilets-was-first-port-of-call-for-quinn-at-qr/

Later PS.

The Mustang ran with a paddle shift.

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/gen3-mustang-supercar-debuted-with-paddle-shift/

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

Cars look great.  Don't know why but the US flag draped over the Chev has put me off. Especially when they are trying to promote this as an evolution of our racing series with the Aussie built cars in the background.
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

I hadn't noticed the flag. I just though both liveries were rather poor.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Troy01505

Cars look good. Seamer ****ed up again, couldn't even reveal the final product! Piss poor form

Roadways6

They show themselves in the foot with the rollout today.

Squabbling like kids infront of the Ford and GM bigwigs, and Seamer telling the press to stop asking curly questions about a major topic of the car because Seamer wants people to talk about how good the cars look

Supercars will never be taken seriously until they stop trying to micro-manage their own press

skaifeman

Cars are awesome in person.
Camaro is quieter but sweeter. Mustang is far louder and raspier. It'll likely be evened up noise wise. Both sound fantastic.

Everyone has been raving about the S5000's. Loud doesn't mean good.

Haven't read the riff-raff around it yet, but here's some images.

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

Quote from: skaifeman on December 03, 2021, 04:29:01 PM
Cars are awesome in person.
Camaro is quieter but sweeter. Mustang is far louder and raspier. It'll likely be evened up noise wise. Both sound fantastic.

Everyone has been raving about the S5000's. Loud doesn't mean good.

Haven't read the riff-raff around it yet, but here's some images.

Definitely best looking designs for quite some time. Will be happy to see the back of the current abortions.

Sonic

both cars looked decent on track.... the Muzzie with no muffler sounded great but of course will be changed as tracks with db enforcements will have the thing turned off before it even hit the track.... Chev looked the goods...

as to the paint schemes Stevo, remember they did exactly the same with the previous introductions... the cars then were a pretty bland look too as I recall.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Ospif1

Quite a bit of discussion around about the chassis flex on these things, will make it interesting from a setup point of view and getting them dialled in.  They look great though, can't wait to see them all stickered up.

murph_fan51

How cool do both cars look. The Mustang looks great, correct proportions makes such a big difference.
debris debris debris