News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Gen 3

Started by LG, May 12, 2021, 08:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Same thing happened for CotF. From memory there was a shortage of VF front bumpers come Clipsal.
The administration has completely shift since then, so no lessons were learnt.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Ospif1

Definitely one of the most poorly managed motorsport projects in a long time.

stevo qld

Quote2024 Ford Mustang Confirmed For Sept. 14 Debut At Detroit Auto Show
Christopher Smith - 1h ago

The seventh-generation Mustang will still pack a V8 punch and offer a six-speed manual transmission.

Just 24 hours after hearing a rumor about the seventh-generation Ford Mustang debuting in September, the word is official. Ford has confirmed the 2024 Mustang will debut on September 14, and the gala is happening in the Motor City at the 2022 North American International Auto Show.

Sometime soon after, we should see the proper Gen 3 Ford body.

I am sure they are well advanced with the design at Ford, but it still doesn't leave a lot of time for comparative testing with the GM version.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/2024-ford-mustang-confirmed-for-sept-14-debut-at-detroit-auto-show/ar-AA102Lf7?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=737e11057b674fb7a8c8b4b74e89b3b3
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

Look something like this? Prefer the S550 personally. Aero shouldn't be too different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
debris debris debris

CP

Quote from: Ospif1 on May 26, 2022, 09:53:30 PM
Definitely one of the most poorly managed motorsport projects in a long time.

Considering that what they're trying to do is similar to some off the shelf stuff you can buy.

It's almost as if there are GT4 spec Camaros and Mustangs that you can buy, and you could also allow certain engineering freedoms in amongst those cars, as they won't be used for GT4 competition.

LG

Quote from: murph_fan51 on July 29, 2022, 04:48:26 PM
Look something like this? Prefer the S550 personally. Aero shouldn't be too different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hold my beer!

stevo qld

There is a significant safety concern that has re-emerged.

Cars with fogged windscreens were a safety hazard.

When they had heated windscreens, fogging could be minimised.

Then the did away with glass and fogging returned with drivers reporting that they are racing blind and at speed, resulting in accidental crashes.

This brings up two issues:

Purely on safety grounds, should drivers badly fogged up be black flagged or sent to the pits to have screens cleared.

From a Gen 3 perspective. Will they incorporate a proper ventilation and anti fogging system in the new cars?

They could even channel hot air to the screen instead of the drivers feet. There is plenty of heat in a Supercar, not just in management. ;D

Here is one example:  https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/never-again-hazelwood-on-teammate-tangle/
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

QuoteThey could even channel hot air to the screen instead of the drivers feet. There is plenty of heat in a Supercar, not just in management. ;D

That may not be enough to clear a windscreen.
They would need air conditioning to reduce the humidity.
Given how badly these cars interior are sealed too, AC would not be efficient.
debris debris debris

CP

Quote from: stevo qld on August 07, 2022, 10:14:35 AM
There is a significant safety concern that has re-emerged.

Cars with fogged windscreens were a safety hazard.

When they had heated windscreens, fogging could be minimised.

Then the did away with glass and fogging returned with drivers reporting that they are racing blind and at speed, resulting in accidental crashes.

This brings up two issues:

Purely on safety grounds, should drivers badly fogged up be black flagged or sent to the pits to have screens cleared.

From a Gen 3 perspective. Will they incorporate a proper ventilation and anti fogging system in the new cars?

They could even channel hot air to the screen instead of the drivers feet. There is plenty of heat in a Supercar, not just in management. ;D

Here is one example:  https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/never-again-hazelwood-on-teammate-tangle/

Would it be possible to run demister elements on a perspex screen?

The older cars with glass front windscreens had demister elements.

stevo qld

Yes I mentioned the glass screen demisters, but:

This is a safety matter. the drivers are, in the main, employees and OC Health and Safety should be a consideration.

Any car with misting restricting the drivers vision should be black flagged. They would do it if a crushed bonnet restricted vision, so why not extreme misting. With in car cameras, they can actually monitor the drivers vision.

However, I don't want that. With Gen 3, they can provide a problem fix.

In other classes they can run for 24 hours in the rain. Surely Australian (and the English, or former English co-ordinator) can match International standards, or even surpass them. See 888 who have an Engineer who worked with Porsche. Would Porsche accept this fogged vision problem????
ALBERT EINSTEIN

stevo qld

Problem Solved  :D

QuoteHeated windscreens "worked perfectly" in the Gen3 prototypes during wet-weather running at Sandown.

The Gen3 Camaro and Mustang prototypes were lapped in the rain on Monday.

It gave Supercars its best chance yet to test the heated windscreen function, which has been mandated for 2023.

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/gen3-heated-windscreen-worked-perfectly/
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Joe5619

I can't wait to see the new Mustang in Gen3 trim.. When do we thing this might happen?

murph_fan51

Supposedly Sept 14th is first look of the S650 Mustang road car. So I guess some time after that, but the question is will Ford change the Supercar to the S650 or just race the S550 next year?
debris debris debris

Joe5619

Quote from: murph_fan51 on August 27, 2022, 11:42:35 AM
Supposedly Sept 14th is first look of the S650 Mustang road car. So I guess some time after that, but the question is will Ford change the Supercar to the S650 or just race the S550 next year?
Supercars have already confirmed they are racing S650, it's why there has been no aero testing & one of the reasons they delayed the project to next year.