News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Gen 3

Started by LG, May 12, 2021, 08:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

These Gen3 cars are fantastic. Great to see the category take in the design cues needed, only four years too late!!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

WAU

Quote from: Troy01505 on September 17, 2022, 10:14:22 AM
I like it! ****s all over that hideous thing they are racing round now

I agree. The current Mustang looks worse than an AU and that's quite an accomplishment.

The Gen 3 Mustang looks really nice. As does the Camaro. Can't wait to see these cars in their respective liveries on the grid at Newcastle.

murph_fan51

The new Mustang Supercar is soo much better. Make the current one even worse than ever before. Can't wait to see the new one on track and hopefully this one gone. No doubt we'll still see some in Super2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
debris debris debris

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

murph_fan51

debris debris debris

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

Sonic

it is farcical :S

if it was our business it would be under with this level of 'ballsuppedness'!!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

There has been a change of ownership with Supercars and both of the homologation teams. It may be a bit unfair to blame the current powers-that-be for all the gen 3 ills.

However there has, in my eyes, been a significant stuff up over the fuel tank design and access.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/01/06/video-gen3-supercar-fuel-tank-compared-to-gen2/

Brad seems to agree, but he is too polite to say so. I wonder what the BJR opinionated mate-out-the-back would have said?  ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Ospif1

More intriguing design choices for Gen 3 then.  That's a very unfriendly fuel cell design because pumps fail quite regularly and need to be accessed and capacity checks are also done on the regular.

I don't mind it sitting high though as it adds another element of challenge to the setup and drivers when they are full of fuel vs empty which will also affect car balance more.

stevo qld

I congratulate and thank Brad Jones and BJR for the Gen 3 changes videos.

It may be an optical illusion due to placement distance from the camera, but, to me the overall diameter of the wheel seems to be smaller than the old.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Brazen

Quote from: stevo qld on January 13, 2023, 08:44:37 PM
I congratulate and thank Brad Jones and BJR for the Gen 3 changes videos.

It may be an optical illusion due to placement distance from the camera, but, to me the overall diameter of the wheel seems to be smaller than the old.

I thought the same thing at first but... I think you're right about the angle of the camera tricking us... I think the design of the wheel is playing a part too

AlbertM

Pretty sure they are the same size as Supercars hasn't made any song and dance about a new tyre size. The bead lip does look shallower on the new rim though.
Ford Faithful

Brazen

Anyone else getting nervous the new cars won't be ready for Newcastle?

LG

Quote from: Brazen on January 19, 2023, 12:54:06 AM
Anyone else getting nervous the new cars won't be ready for Newcastle?

They'll be there but probably all break down.    ;D