News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Gen 3

Started by LG, May 12, 2021, 08:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordman

Quote from: LG on January 19, 2023, 07:59:49 AM
Quote from: Brazen on January 19, 2023, 12:54:06 AM
Anyone else getting nervous the new cars won't be ready for Newcastle?

They'll be there but probably all break down.    ;D

and they will NOT want to right one off neither or crash heavily, they may regret having a street race as the first race? or they will drive accordingly

skaifeman

Might not be such a bad thing. These cars have been bulletproof since 2003ish?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Joe5619

Quote from: AlbertM on January 15, 2023, 01:46:19 PM
Pretty sure they are the same size as Supercars hasn't made any song and dance about a new tyre size. The bead lip does look shallower on the new rim though.
I thought I read or saw somewhere that gen3 had a different rim size?

Can't wait to see these things on the track.. Hopefully it creates better racing..

Brazen

I agree Joe.

I think both the lower downforce and more control parts will bring them much closer together

AlbertM

Quote from: Joe5619 on January 19, 2023, 06:20:07 PM
Quote from: AlbertM on January 15, 2023, 01:46:19 PM
Pretty sure they are the same size as Supercars hasn't made any song and dance about a new tyre size. The bead lip does look shallower on the new rim though.
I thought I read or saw somewhere that gen3 had a different rim size?

Can't wait to see these things on the track.. Hopefully it creates better racing..

The rim remains 18"

https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/gen3-prototype-aim-for-march-2021/
Ford Faithful

SetonFan

I'm looking forward to the larger fuel tank size and move to E75 as should make the stint lengths a bit longer again at Bathurst. Hopefully they get rid of the minimum pitstops rule.

TheArrow

Quote from: fordman on January 19, 2023, 08:40:15 AM

and they will NOT want to right one off neither or crash heavily, they may regret having a street race as the first race? or they will drive accordingly
Adelaide - a much higher speed circuit - has been the debut round for the last two "new car" years and the second round for the bew Project Blueprint if we include the AGP when it was held prior to Round 1.

Joe5619

Quote from: Brazen on January 19, 2023, 08:58:57 PM
I agree Joe.

I think both the lower downforce and more control parts will bring them much closer together
I don't think they need to be closer, I'm just hoping they are easier to pass so more people "have a go" & try overtaking. There is just way to much follow the leader & lets just pit.

Reliability is going to be a huge problem this year & I think that's fantastic, especially at Bathurst. How many times has the quickest car all week in the lead up to the race (Bathurst) been out by lunch (old school starting times). It adds unpredictability without having to introduce fake stuff..

skaifeman

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

stevo qld

Even teams that have managed to test a single Gen3 car are reporting that they are still awaiting parts before than can finish a second car.

Surely, this is just not good enough!!
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Joe5619

Quote from: stevo qld on February 07, 2023, 08:50:40 PM
Even teams that have managed to test a single Gen3 car are reporting that they are still awaiting parts before than can finish a second car.

Surely, this is just not good enough!!
I think the teams are taking advantage of the new testing rules (& good on them), to test twice with 1 car, as appose to testing once with 2 cars. Under the old rules, they would have just wait the extra 1-2 weeks & test later.

Perfect example, Team 18 is testing Frosty's car this Wednesday & then testing Pyne's car this Thursday.

fordman

Is it correct to say this year is the first year EVERYONE is starting with a brand new car???

skaifeman

Quote from: fordman on February 13, 2023, 04:30:31 PM
Is it correct to say this year is the first year EVERYONE is starting with a brand new car???

2013?

murph_fan51

Quote from: skaifeman on February 13, 2023, 04:57:53 PM
Quote from: fordman on February 13, 2023, 04:30:31 PM

2013?
I am pretty certain that's correct.

QuoteWith the requirement that all teams build brand-new cars for the 2013 season, most of the cars that were raced in 2011 and 2012 were sold to teams competing in the V8 Development Series, the second-tier category for V8 Supercars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_International_V8_Supercars_Championship#New_Generation_V8_Supercar
debris debris debris