News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Gen 3

Started by LG, May 12, 2021, 08:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

It was nice to read that JC and SVG switched rides and gave their feedback to the sanctioning body.

Honest, crossover feedback is what this series needs right now.  Neutral, GT drivers getting into the cars would be the best IMO.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Dasha

Quote from: falcon_cobra on February 24, 2023, 12:24:15 PM
all i can say is "what a total balls up"

Yes it really is, I understand it would be a very complicated process but they have had plenty of time testing the two cars & for it to get so close to race day & it seems there is allot more work to be done.

skaifeman

Completely agree with Roland on this one:
https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/03/01/rolands-view-how-to-run-a-supercars-test-day/

The test day was a massive failure.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

Rolly is only upset because it highlighted the perceived disparity.

GM teams are desperate to play down the results as meaningless. Which is true. Didn't stop them accusing Ford teams of sandbagging at a meaningless test.
Ford Faithful

madbugger

Quote from: AlbertM on March 01, 2023, 07:02:35 PM

GM teams are desperate to play down the results as meaningless. Which is true. Didn't stop them accusing Ford teams of sandbagging at a meaningless test.

Rolly has had sand in his vajayjay since Ford stopped giving him money. I take anything he says with a tiny grain of that sand.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

skaifeman

So all the finger pointing aside, Supercars prescribing a mandatory test day (with official results) without a minimum weight or COG set, removing the rule for a green tyre hot lap at the end of the day and still tuning the benchmark for the Ford engine is OK?

We run better amateur hillclimb events.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

AlbertM

Quote from: skaifeman on March 02, 2023, 08:45:23 AM
So all the finger pointing aside, Supercars prescribing a mandatory test day (with official results) without a minimum weight or COG set, removing the rule for a green tyre hot lap at the end of the day and still tuning the benchmark for the Ford engine is OK?

We run better amateur hillclimb events.

Who said it was OK? It is well established Supercars can't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Irony is that the people that defended Supercars after the last parity drama have now got the knives out. LOL!
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: madbugger on March 02, 2023, 07:36:04 AM
Quote from: AlbertM on March 01, 2023, 07:02:35 PM

Rolly has had sand in his vajayjay since Ford stopped giving him money. I take anything he says with a tiny grain of that sand.

He's a hypocrite. Last week he was preaching not to air dirty laundry about Gen 3. This week he does just that.
Ford Faithful

meha

The whole Gen 3 thing has been a mess. The idea of parity between two cars that have differences is frankly impossible as each has strengths and weaknesses Supercars can try all they like to get them close but there will be differences as the Ford or Chev fans rightly want to see some differences in the body shape and other factors which inherently leads to issues over parity.

The issue I have is that they are testing a product and still haven't decided what the final thing will actually be. Although unlikely it could be completely different to what we are seeing at the test day or at the rate we are going they will be making adjustments on the fly part way through the season.

They have had plenty of time to get this right and appear to be stumbling at the first hurdle and then wonder why the fans get so pissed off with the series.

AlbertM

Deathly silence from the Temora test. Only seen one site report that "Progress towards parity has been made" a few days ago.
Ford Faithful

stp01

Speedcafe are reporting more front downforce for Camaro. No changes to Mustang.
Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

skaifeman

And a minimum fuel drop too, for the overhead cam setup, similar to how Nissan struggled with fuel.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2023/03/03/newcastle-500-fuel-drop-comes-to-light/

Sonic

still can't get it right... fuel drops are for fake race results, same as forced tyre stops...

get the car right and let the damned racers race!!
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Wrighty05

Quote from: stp01 on March 06, 2023, 10:24:28 AM

Lol

Bloopy

Quote from: stp01 on March 06, 2023, 10:24:28 AM

And in an impressive rarity for Speedcafe, the top comment on the article brings rationality to the situation (while the article writer was seemingly clueless):

Quote from: John CookPeople thinking this somehow "backfired" on Ford don't understand how the relationship between aerodynamic centre of pressure and lift/drag works.

Adding downforce to the front of the Camaro means that it needs more rear downforce for the same aero balance and thus more wing angle and more aero drag.

Trying to drive the car in a "low drag" condition (think Sandown) is now harder as the car needs a higher minimum wing angle to maintain understeer/oversteer balance.