News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Speedcafe's Annual Fan Survey

Started by skaifeman, January 11, 2022, 03:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Speedcafe are posting the results of their annual fan survey.

Part 1: Attending the Event
The most enjoyable part of attending an event, aside from Supercars racing: Support category racing
Access to teams/drivers at a Supercars event: Good
Are you wary of attending large-scale motorsport events with crowds?: No

Part 2: Favourite Teams/Liveries
Most popular team in Supercars: DJR
Favourite livery from 2021 Supercars season: DJR

Part 3: Favourite Driver
Favourite Supercars driver: SVG
What or who do you primarily support as a Supercars fan?: Team, just over drivers.

Part 4:  Best permanent motorsport facility in Australia
The best permanent motorsport facility dedicated to racing in Australia: Phillip Island

Part 5: Australia's favourite support category
Current Supercars support categories fans enjoy the most: TCM
Which support categories would you like to see more of at Supercars events: S5000

Part 6: Best commentator/presenter
Best presenter/commentator in Australian motorsport: Neil Crompton

Part 7: Sponsor/brand activation
Has following Supercars made you aware of brands you had not previously heard of?: Yes
If a brand sponsors a team I like, I am more likely to buy their product: Neutral
If a brand sponsors a team I do not like, I am less likely to buy their product: Neutral
What competitions and offers from sponsors are you most likely to respond to?: Tickets to an event

Amazing the amount of 'none in particular' or 'haven't thought about it' answers there are ???
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

murph_fan51

Amazing DJR won the best livery, isn't it the same livery from 3 years ago?  :P

Favourite driver will be interesting - Mostert? Surely not one of the DJR drivers...
debris debris debris

LG

Quote from: murph_fan51 on January 11, 2022, 05:49:18 PM
Amazing DJR won the best livery, isn't it the same livery from 3 years ago?  :P

Favourite driver will be interesting - Mostert? Surely not one of the DJR drivers...

When you're on a good thing...

Sonic

could even see somebody like Will Brown getting the nod, carries that infectiousness to him (is that a bad word these days? :P LOL!!)

maybe even JDub as a nod on his way out the door? (though he and Giz are polarizing but they do have big support)

can't see either of the DJR boys getting it.

will be an interesting one
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

REM

It seems that WAU are  cannibalizing some of the T8 support base, given their resurgence...and Chaz is certainly more marketable than SVG....and maybe the Lowndes effect is subsiding too...

Shell livery as best is a surprise....but it is  a classic....

Though DJR is the outright leader, the support for T8 & WAU combined shows the reds have the larger support base overall...

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on January 12, 2022, 10:25:50 AM
It seems that WAU are  cannibalizing some of the T8 support base, given their resurgence...and Chaz is certainly more marketable than SVG....and maybe the Lowndes effect is subsiding too...

Though DJR is the outright leader, the support for T8 & WAU combined shows the reds have the larger support base overall...

Only after 888 cannibalised HRT/WAU first.

You can do the same by adding Tickford to DJR, and Ford are back on top.

My guess favourite driver, either Chaz, SVG or Waters. Brown and AdP as smokey's.
Funny thing is, if Lowndes name was up on the poll, he'd probably still win! 8) The pulling power that guy still has.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

Quote from: REM on January 12, 2022, 10:25:50 AM

GM should still have larger support numbers simply by numbers on the grid. Less guys for you to support.

Although it would be interesting to see if numbers have dropped off since they dropped off the H...
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

REM

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/01/12/survey-van-gisbergen-voted-most-popular-supercars-driver/?fbclid=IwAR2iFNtAPvp8yOIKV3N-EASWDEqcgDQeXXOZHDTxvfMAchV-DhtIMiQuvA8

SVG- %16.5,which is much what you expect....from Mostert  %10.8 again as you would expect... Cam %7.5 and ADP %8.5 pretty close!

How about poor old Frosty on %2.42...he use to have such a following...

DR on %7 is interesting too! Picking up the Djokovic vote :D

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on January 12, 2022, 06:28:31 PM
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/01/12/survey-van-gisbergen-voted-most-popular-supercars-driver/?fbclid=IwAR2iFNtAPvp8yOIKV3N-EASWDEqcgDQeXXOZHDTxvfMAchV-DhtIMiQuvA8

SVG- %16.5,which is much what you expect....from Mostert  %10.8 again as you would expect... Cam %7.5 and ADP %8.5 pretty close!

Reynolds a big surprise. I guess that's why Penrite followed him.

Yeah, your old mate Frosty took a hit when he went to the red side.

REM

Quote from: skaifeman on January 12, 2022, 07:04:47 PM

Frosty's popularity has followed his results.... ;) :D

stevo qld

The Penrite livery has been well received for a couple of years. Maybe Reynolds picked up some extra votes based on the cars livery.

Certainly i would have though he deserved a lot less less, based on resul s and personality, but that is why they have voting to get a result. A lot of very good drivers in so-so liveries deserved to get a lot more votes. I only got one vote and guess where it did not go. ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Skip

Some interesting results there. Reynolds surprised me again.. he polled well last year too. Frosty is an interesting one... clearly results have a large part to play but I wonder if he would have dropped off in popularity if he was driving for a b grade ford team instead of a b grade holden team. It's hard to carry the loyal fan across the great ford/holden divide, especially when the results aren't there. Similarly many holden fans have spent years wanting him to be beaten and while I reckon he's a ripper bloke, it's hard to change your tune sometimes!

Bloopy

Picking up the Djokovic vote :D

There's certainly a bunch of them swarming around the Speedcafe comment sections.

Troy01505

Quote from: REM on January 12, 2022, 07:07:14 PM

Frostys fanbase dropped immediately when Scotty moved to Ford and rightfully so. He was the best to come along since Lowndes in 94. Once frosty jumped ship to Holden he lost out again, Ford fans moved on to bigger and better drivers and Holden fans were still dirty that he was a Tickford driver.

Davey may be the alleged drop kick clown but no surprise he is where he is. He won over all the anti-vax and all the brain dead bogans that find him funny regardless of the manufacturer they support.

REM

Quote from: Troy01505 on January 14, 2022, 09:49:03 AM
Quote from: REM on January 12, 2022, 07:07:14 PM

Frostys fanbase dropped immediately when Scotty moved to Ford and rightfully so. He was the best to come along since Lowndes in 94. Once frosty jumped ship to Holden he lost out again, Ford fans moved on to bigger and better drivers and Holden fans were still dirty that he was a Tickford driver.

Davey may be the alleged drop kick clown but no surprise he is where he is. He won over all the anti-vax and all the brain dead bogans that find him funny regardless of the manufacturer they support.

Interesting point about the Holden fans still being dirty with Frosty as a former Tickford driver.....so why the great love in from them for "cough ya bastard, cough"".. Chaz?