News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

TCM forum

Started by madbugger, May 13, 2021, 08:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

pretty disappointed for the Zman. he worked hard for that pass on StevieJ and deserved the win in today's race.

didn't get a proper look at it but seemed to be a decent whack for Fisher too :'(

the mountain is biting hard already this year.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

There seems to have been a lot of tyre failures in TCM.

Are the increasingly lightweight and powerful TCM's too much for the tyres.

Might be a time for a rethink about cutting the power back or updating tyres.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

Steve Johnson hit 294 down Conrod is what I am hearing, if so, that is faster then the Supercars isn't it?
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

REM

Quote from: Trevor on December 02, 2021, 03:21:04 AM
Steve Johnson hit 294 down Conrod is what I am hearing, if so, that is faster then the Supercars isn't it?

Marcus did 295.....don't know what the Supercars do? Glorious to see those 2 XD's smashing it up the front....

skaifeman

One thing is for sure. They're the best sounding category that was on track yesterday.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

madbugger

Quote from: Trevor on December 02, 2021, 03:21:04 AM

I heard MZ hit 295, SJ was "only" 280. Given they were only feet apart, not sure how there was that much difference in speed between the two.

Either way, some pretty impressive numbers.  MZ's car seems to have a fair bit more mumbo than Jnr's, even allowing for the tow he was getting.

Always love to see Jnr win, but MZ must feel gutted, he deserved the win in that race.

Quote from: REM on December 02, 2021, 06:16:42 AM

Marcus did 295.....don't know what the Supercars do? Glorious to see those 2 XD's smashing it up the front....

I think they peak out at 300 on the limiter, if they let them rev a bit more who knows what they might achieve
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

madbugger

Geez, another tyre failure for MZ at the same spot in this morning's race. Setup too aggressive on camber is the thinking
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on November 29, 2021, 06:10:23 PM
How good is this!!

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/29/tru-blu-tcm-falcon-meets-bathurst-1000-winner/?fbclid=IwAR1MDJHdUxl436lqa8DWjxYaUN4KvgMk6_S88HVv3Zi2220ij4DpCyWwuMI

Not sure why the TCM one gets to run the cowl? The Zukanovic one doesn't.

You'd think some sort of "visual" honesty would still be required.

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Troy01505

Junior goes alright in these things. JB speaks highly of him.

He could've had much better results during his Supercars career if he wasn't so loyal to the family business. But I would have made the same call in that position.

I reckon Junior will clean sweep the weekend.

REM

Quote from: skaifeman on December 02, 2021, 09:34:54 PM
How good is this!!

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/11/29/tru-blu-tcm-falcon-meets-bathurst-1000-winner/?fbclid=IwAR1MDJHdUxl436lqa8DWjxYaUN4KvgMk6_S88HVv3Zi2220ij4DpCyWwuMI

Zac and I spoke to them at SMP about this ( I have photos of Zac  posing with the car looking very impressed), the induction does actually run through the bonnet....shame, because I prefer the cleaner look!

Sonic

Quote from: Troy01505 on December 02, 2021, 11:01:10 PM
Junior goes alright in these things. JB speaks highly of him.

He could've had much better results during his Supercars career if he wasn't so loyal to the family business. But I would have made the same call in that position.

I reckon Junior will clean sweep the weekend.

and he would have if he didn't come and park at the Magnet's special XD carpark at Chase exit... got pics of both ZMan and SJ.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

REM

Congrats to JB- still has it! :D

Troy01505

Disappointing to see SJ blow a tyre and miss the clean sweep. JB still the master of the old girls!

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on December 03, 2021, 07:38:07 AM
Quote from: skaifeman on December 02, 2021, 09:34:54 PM
How good is this!!

Zac and I spoke to them at SMP about this ( I have photos of Zac  posing with the car looking very impressed), the induction does actually run through the bonnet....shame, because I prefer the cleaner look!

Bloody interesting that this has again become the best way - for these guys anyway.
It was only a few years ago that JB's Torana wasn't using the cowl for induction! This week we checked again, and he's back to it.

JB must be held in the ranks of Jim Richards now, just as an out-and-out racer who'll go until someone tells him to stop.
Any word on Jim? He was racing everything, and now isn't? Has age finally got to him?

Zac

At 74, Jim is probably over Supercars, but could probably still run at the front in TCM or Targa.  ::)