News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

TCM forum

Started by madbugger, May 13, 2021, 08:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

Great to see that TCM now has it's own forum.  ;D ;D ;D
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

laser

Webmaster and Subaru WRX fan :)

Sonic

Quote from: laser on May 13, 2021, 10:55:54 AM
They deslerve it  :)

"deslerve"? :D did that have to get MA approval for the deslerving? LOL
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

7 teen 8 teen

Next round of TCM is at Morgan Park, Warwick.
Anyone on here attending?
We have a caravan group from Brisbane surrounds trekking up the small mountain.
Should be a sensational weekend in late June.

LG

Am doing my best to get there as it's really just down the road but I probably won't know until the Friday before.

Roadways6

Great to see it has its own forum, right at a critical time for the class it seems.

Where have all the Porsche's etc... gone?

REM

I see Bowey commenting on a VB being built, guessing it is for him- he reckons it will be the dominant car to have......so another Commodore cup...sighs! How long till the Sierras can will be eligible?

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on October 22, 2021, 08:43:24 AM
I see Bowey commenting on a VB being built, guessing it is for him- he reckons it will be the dominant car to have......so another Commodore cup...sighs! How long till the Sierras can will be eligible?

Wasn't the XD meant to be the previous weapon to have? It's still the same handful of cars at the front.
It's its own series now, the cars they run are miles better than their archeological cousin's, most running fibreglass panels. Most gains likely come from the head mechanic.

Being a pro-am series the best drivers usually come to the fore anyway. Wouldn't be too worried REM.

Is Bowe confirmed to be driving it?
Also, Bowey would never say a bad word about those that fund his racing ;D.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Kytabu

Quote from: skaifeman on October 22, 2021, 01:23:57 PM
Wasn't the XD meant to be the previous weapon to have? It's still the same handful of cars at the front.
It's its own series now, the cars they run are miles better than their archeological cousin's, most running fibreglass panels. Most gains likely come from the head mechanic.
I do find it funny when people say they enjoy watching the "proper, old cars" racing in TCM. Group N and Group S are where it's at for historic racing.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Sonic

Quote from: Kytabu on October 22, 2021, 01:42:52 PM
I do find it funny when people say they enjoy watching the "proper, old cars" racing in TCM. Group N and Group S are where it's at for historic racing.

And Group N is nothing like what it was either, it is definitely not 'representative racing'
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

REM

Being a pro-am series the best drivers usually come to the fore anyway. Wouldn't be too worried REM.

Is Bowe confirmed to be driving it?
Also, Bowey would never say a bad word about those that fund his racing ;D.

I am not entirely sure if it was for him or not.....the post didn't indicate either way....you make some good points!!

stevo qld

There is already a VB racing, "GERARD MCLEOD, #50 | Holden Commodore VB". I think that I have heard of another team with a build under way. Maybe McLeod will do a batch run build such as with the recent Mustangs.

This TCM is getting very expensive.

There is an article on possibly opening the series to some interesting cars.
https://touringcarmasters.com.au/2021/10/01/class-changes-coming-to-encourage-tcm-growth-in-2022/

QuoteWHEN a minor change to the Gulf Western Oil Touring Car Masters Technical Regulations was made a few years ago it ushered in a new era for the series.

The addition of cars built up to and including 1980 opened the series up to what is broadly considered the 'next generation' of Australian Touring Cars from the popular Group C era.

As such the VB/C Holden Commodore and XD Ford Falcon now compete alongside the existing Camaro, Mustang, Torana, Falcon and other models that have been mainstays in the category for years and, based on our recent 'fan favourite' polls, are hugely popular among TCM fans with the Team Johnson Falcon taking top spot.

Which begs the question – what should be next?

While the category will firmly retain its roots as being the home to classic muscle cars from the 1960s and 1970s – and the technical regulations ensure that they will remain just as competitive as they are now – there remain several cars from the late 1970s that would very much be TCM worthy but have not yet raced.

https://touringcarmasters.com.au/2021/09/20/tcm-dream-machines/
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

CP

Good for Junior, hopefully the speed transforms into reliability over the weekend.