News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona

Started by mikeamerica84, January 25, 2022, 10:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

This weekend, the 29th and 30th, men.  Give it a look if you have the chance.  It kicks off the USA season:

https://racer.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/85/2022/01/2022_IWSC_Roar_PreEvent_EntryList.pdf

The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Sonic

think I'll have some time to check this one out :)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

mikeamerica84

Qualifying race in its entirety.  1 hour, 40 minutes.  Give you an idea who is who.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYd-iB20BXg

mikeamerica84

kennymiesta

Can't wait!! 5:40am Sunday morning race start here on the East Coast of Aus. Going to be a long Monday (plan is to get some sleep around 9pm and wake again around 2am to watch the final few hours) at work, but it is so worth it!!

Sonic

540am? oh hell no! will no doubt catch some through the day but I'm not doing that. I have enough trouble trying to sleep with the weather we are having at the moment and I'm not going to do that to myself.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

kennymiesta

Well, all I can say is what a race. It may not have been wheel to wheel at the end (except for GTD Pro), but it sure kept me on the edge of my seat for the majority of the race.
As weird as it sounds, I actually enjoyed how much attrition there was. It was a bit like a good ol' fashioned endurance race. I was quite upset that both the #3 and the #4 Corvette's ran into trouble, but not terrible considering it is their first run as a GT3 Spec (sort of) car. I didn't hear it confirmed. It was starter motor trouble for the 4 and an alternator for the 3? Is this correct?
And what a way to send off the current spec Prototypes. To have 4 of the 7 on the lead lap, all within 10 seconds of each other at the end is pretty impressive. I was hanging on for the #10 to go 4 in a row, but a great effort by the #60 Acura.
GTD Pro. What. A. Finish. Those two really put on a show. I wasn't sure how it was going to go without the GTLM class, but boy did they get it right! You really can't beat GT3 racing.
On a negative note, I was rather disappointed in some of the driving standards throughout the race. Some of the silly mistakes from so called professionals was rather sad to see. The thing that blew me away the most was the amount of cars running off the road on the outlaps during the night. I get it was near freezing cold, but when you are watching cars doing it for hours on end, you would think some of the other drivers would learn from what they saw. But, other than that, a great race once again. I will get track side to watch (or race, if I'm lucky  ;D) one day. It is absolutely on the bucket list of races I want to see live.

Bring on Sebring!!

mikeamerica84

Quote from: kennymiesta on February 01, 2022, 09:06:18 PM
Bring on Sebring!!
Ask and you shall receive.  It is time, Kenny!

https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2022/03/2022_IWSC_Sebring_PreEvent_EntryList.pdf

53 entries.  Many IndyCar drivers are missing for the IndyCar Series is at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend.  Subs galore for Sebring.

I am moving this over to a new Sebring thread.