News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 Liveries

Started by skaifeman, January 26, 2022, 09:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SetonFan

A lot of white/black cars this year - most of them all with red trim too. Will be interesting to see how many get lost on TV

Joe5619

Those WAU ones look TERRIBLE!!

skaifeman

Quote from: Joe5619 on March 04, 2022, 06:24:50 PM

I do agree. I thought I could look past the headlight, but I cant.
If they removed that one element they'd be fantastic!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

TheArrow

Frosty's car would look infinitely better if that white was incorporated better. Have it come down into the front guards a bit. Maybe put some yellow flecks in there, or some blue bits to tie it all together.

Yes I understand the concept of a sponsor wanting to stand out. Just trying to find a way to make it all tie in better.

murph_fan51

Quote from: skaifeman on March 04, 2022, 09:07:12 PM
Quote from: Joe5619 on March 04, 2022, 06:24:50 PM

I do agree. I thought I could look past the headlight, but I cant.
If they removed that one element they'd be fantastic!
Exactly!!! Why NP himself said it looked awesome was simply a lie haha

I think Smith, Heimgartner and Courtney's car will get mixed up easily?
debris debris debris

AlbertM

Ford Faithful

stevo qld

The white triangles on the C pillar of the Penrite cars looks weird to me.

On TV, the Middys car certainly stood out, but the 888 cars are significantly improved on last year with the addition of more blue. It was particularly emphasised with the frequent viewing of last years cars in the HP adverts starring that well known actor Mr Cauchi. I hope he gets paid every time it runs.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Kytabu

Having seen them all in person now I'd say the MSR cars are the pick of the bunch this year. The PremiAir cars are decent too.

The pink on Fullwood's car popped a lot more than I thought it would. Middy's was by far the easiest sponsor to notice.

I actually thought the Triple Eight Super2 entries had the best liveries across the Super1, Super2 and Super3 grids.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

nickmossdesign

On track it's my favorite this year.

Must admit I was quite surprised by how effective the Middy's car was on track over the weekend, saying that I think there are some tweaks required...see below suggestion.

www.nickmossdesign.com | f: @nickmossdesign.com | ig: @nickmossdesign | x: @nickmossdesign

skaifeman

Took me a while to notice your change Nick. It does look better.
The 'fade' in general is hard to pull off. A larger lightning bold could provide the hard line for a colour shift on the A pillar.

In a similar vein, I decided to have a tweak of the WAU car, and remove that headlight overlap. Original on left, tweaked on right.

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

nickmossdesign

nickmossdesign.com - "Bowled, Shane" 1969-2022...RIP Shane Warne

ps. didn't know where to put this, just wanted to post it for all the Warnie fans out there.

www.nickmossdesign.com | f: @nickmossdesign.com | ig: @nickmossdesign | x: @nickmossdesign

nickmossdesign

NMD nickmossdesign - 2022 Walkinshaw Andretti United / McLaren F1 inspired / Bathurst 1000 / Supercars wildcard livery design:

NMD nickmossdesign - 2022 Walkinshaw Andretti United / McLaren F1 / GOOGLE inspired / Bathurst 1000 / Supercars wildcard livery design:

AlbertM

Quote from: skaifeman on March 07, 2022, 12:03:37 PM
Took me a while to notice your change Nick. It does look better.
The 'fade' in general is hard to pull off. A larger lightning bold could provide the hard line for a colour shift on the A pillar.

In a similar vein, I decided to have a tweak of the WAU car, and remove that headlight overlap. Original on left, tweaked on right.

Works for me.
Ford Faithful

skaifeman

WAU have done their own headlight tweaking for this weekend. Looks MILES better.

nickmossdesign

NMD nickmossdesign - 2022 Team 18 / Hino Australia / Scott Pizza / AusGP / Supercars / livery design: