News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

MotoGP 2021

Started by LG, May 17, 2021, 08:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

How good was that race! Even before the rain came, the battle for the lead was great. How the riders who stayed on slicks kept the bikes upright is insane.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

Kytabu

Three races to go and it looks like Quartararo will get it done. With a 52-point lead over Bagnaia, he needs to score only 24 points in the remaining three races to be champion, even if Bagnaia wins all three. His worst three-race run so far this year has been 44 points, and Bagnaia has won only two races in total, so the title seems quite safe. If he beats Bagnaia at Misano in a couple of weeks, he will be champion regardless. Third-placed Mir is 27 points behind Bagnaia so is still able to take the runner-up spot, but it would seem unlikely given recent form.

Miller is up to fourth following Zarco's crash in Texas, 26 points behind Mir. It would be Jack's best season result but it is still a bit disappointing given where his teammate is. Marquez is knocking on the door of the top five with his recent resurgence; that would be a great comeback after missing the first two races in Qatar and then retiring from three of the next five. Binder is also well placed in sixth in just his second season, and also being the top KTM.

The Moto2 battle has tightened up, with Gardner's comfortable points lead being wiped out by a crash in Texas and a hat-trick of victories for his teammate Fernandez. The gap was 44 points after Silverstone; it is now just nine. Acosta looks sets to become a rookie champion in Moto3, 30 points up on Foggia with three remaining, but Foggia is in rampant form at the moment, sitting on five consecutive podiums.

Kytabu

With one race remaining both the MotoGP and Moto3 titles are now decided. Quartararo beccame the first French rider to win the premier class title after Bagnaia crashed out of the lead at Misano last round, while Acosta wrapped up the Moto3 title in his rookie season after Foggia was wiped out on the final lap in Portugal. The top three is actually all set in GP, with Quartararo, Bagnaia and Mir being locked into their positions. Miller leads the fight for fourth place, two points clear of Zarco and 23 clear of Marquez and Binder.

Moto2 is still up for grabs, but it would take a disaster for Gardner to lose the title. He is 23 points clear of his teammate Fernandez, so a 13th place finish at the final round would be enough. It would be Australia's first motorcycle Grand Prix title since Stoner won the top class in 2011. I was trying to think of the last time an Australian won any sort of world championship under the FIA or FIM; would it be Webber in WEC in 2015?