News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

MotoGP 2022

Started by Kytabu, January 29, 2022, 11:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kytabu

Thread for all MotoGP, Moto2, Moto3 and MotoE discussion this year.

The KTM liveries have been revealed, which includes Gardner's bike. Remy suffered a wrist injury in a motocross incident a couple of weeks ago but should be good for the Rookie Test and official tests starting this week.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/01/27/ktm-unveils-2022-motogp-livery/

Marquez has also been cleared to take part in the official tests. He has been suffering from double vision since his own motocross crash last October but has ridden again in the last couple of weeks.

Dovizioso is back full-time with the RNF Yamaha team, having replaced Morbidelli at SRT last year when Morbidelli took Vinales' place in the factory team.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

meha

and we will have two Australian's in the top class for the first time in a while. However, one has to wonder how long for with, from a few reports, both may well be fighting to keep their seats long term.

meha

First race over the weekend. Was looking for it on Ten, but it was not on, does anyone know if they still hold the rights or if it has all gone to just Kayo?

Edit: found the answer to my own question, all races will only be available on Kayo with only the Australian round on free to air. To me this will be a big loss, particularly given how long 10 have supported the broadcast of the Moto GP.

Kytabu

It has been a very interesting start to the year with no rider scoring more than 30 points across the first two races. Two of Ducati's big guns, Bagnaia and Martin, have scored only one point between them. Really hard to get a good form guide at the moment.

Another big crash for Marquez in Indonesia. One wonders how much more his body can take.

V8SuperRiley

3 races in and still no real stand out. The Ducati certainly isn't the machine it used to be. They would have been better with running the GP21.

Kytabu

After the second half of last season I thought Ducati and Bagnaia would be the ones to beat this season. The fact that the factory Ducatis have scored just 27 points in three races with no podiums is crazy. Awesome to see Espargaro and Aprilia get their first wins.

It looks like it could be another season like 2020 where the rider that just consistently collects points will make their way to the top while others are up and down. Martin has probably looked the best so far but just been unlucky.

V8SuperRiley

The whole Ducati situation is interesting..

It's hard the go bas The Beast for the second seat, he's done everything right so far.
Jack hasn't done too much wrong (besides Portugal), and is looking pretty consistent.

It will be a shame to see him leave if he does go, but I'm also keen to see what he could do on another bike. Personally I'd like him to have a crack at Honda.

Kytabu

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on May 24, 2022, 04:36:25 PM
It will be a shame to see him leave if he does go, but I'm also keen to see what he could do on another bike. Personally I'd like him to have a crack at Honda.
I'm not sure about Honda. They still have a lot of work to do to get back to the front, and even then Jack would be up against Marquez. I don't think he's quite the same rider as he was before the Jerez crash but if they give him a front-running bike I think he would find his rhythm again.

I think Aprilia would be worth taking a chance on. As I understand it Vinales only has a contract for this year with an option to renew, though based on their improved performance he will probably try to stay next year. Scrap that, Aprilia confirmed both current riders for next year.

It will be an interesting off-season with both Suzuki riders looking for new rides and the usual couple of Moto2 riders wanting to make the step up.

V8SuperRiley

Marc off for more Surgery. It's amazing to think of what he's been doing, and is still nowhere near full strength. Hopefully he can get back to where he was.

As for Jack, The KTM option could be alright, but they certainly aren't looking as strong as they have previously. All I hope is that he lands on a competitive bike.

In 2023 news... Fabio signs for Yamaha. A couple of rounds ago I wasn't too sure if it would happen, but they have turned it around.

V8SuperRiley

A good race for Remy in Spain.
It was by far his best race as a whole, and making up 2 positions on the final lap helped.

Kytabu

Jack to KTM confirmed. Hard to see this bringing in better results for him, the KTMs have been very hit-and-miss.
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/06/09/miller-signs-two-year-deal-with-red-bull-ktm/425071

V8SuperRiley

Quote from: Kytabu on June 09, 2022, 04:49:03 PM
Jack to KTM confirmed. Hard to see this bringing in better results for him, the KTMs have been very hit-and-miss.
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/06/09/miller-signs-two-year-deal-with-red-bull-ktm/425071

I'm hoping it goes well for him. If he can attack on the bike and be confident, then he may be able to drag it up the grid.

stevo qld

Quote from: Kytabu on June 09, 2022, 04:49:03 PM

But at least he has a ride. I doubt he had other options. He is also a bit hit-and-miss, so they should be ok if the hits part coincides.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

V8SuperRiley

What a brilliant ride by Jack yesterday. Well and Truly his best ride to date.

V8SuperRiley

Jack has put himself in with an outside chance of the championship here..