News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 Season

Started by skaifeman, February 03, 2022, 12:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skaifeman

Season launch was today at SMP.
Fabs will appear in the 'celebrity' Stan sponsored Honda. Stan will hold the TV rights - they seem to be making a big move in the fringe sporting market, challenging Foxtel.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/03/arg-stan-sport-strike-landmark-deal/

"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

Sonic

and from the quick read I had this morning 9... gets late repeats?

so they are throwing away the casual watcher... seems they don't learn :S
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

The worst thing is that Channel 9 transmission will be studded with previews of absolute **** programs, just as they did with the tennis. >:(
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Joe5619

Didn't read the whole article, but from what I did read, they are going done the same path as Supercars (And every other sport in the country) of PayTV as main provider & FTA as 2nd provider...

What will the whingers say about this, let me get my pop corn!!

Personally I think it's great this category has grown from having to pay to be on TV, to getting pay to be on TV.. good news!

what are the Stan fees?

Roadways6

Crazy decision for a category with no level ground at the moment. Most punters barely even knows it exists, let alone are wanting to pay to watch it.

Quote from: Joe5619 on February 03, 2022, 02:38:47 PM
Didn't read the whole article, but from what I did read, they are going done the same path as Supercars (And every other sport in the country) of PayTV as main provider & FTA as 2nd provider...

What will the whingers say about this, let me get my pop corn!!

Personally I think it's great this category has grown from having to pay to be on TV, to getting pay to be on TV.. good news!

what are the Stan fees?

For Stan Sport it's $10 on top of whatever base package you already have, so maximum $30 a month.
We'll worth the money

Sonic

and how much does that become once you add it to however many other subscriptions you have?

I go to too many events to spend even more on any pay service. If it's not on advertiser funded tv (what some call FTA) then I won't be watching it.

Lucky for me I'll still see them a few times with racing on in Vic that I'll get to and enjoy my dose of ARG events but that'll be it.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

madbugger

I already have Kayo and Netflix, I cannot justify another $20-24 a month for a tv subscription, so they have lost me
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

SetonFan

Everyone complained at the time but it was far better as a multi-sport fan when Foxtel had a monopoly of sports - it's only going to get worse and worse with sports spread across more streaming platforms.

Alan59

Commercial suicide.Stan Sports only goes into 7% of households.About 20% of the reach of Fox Sports/Kayo.
2 Hour midweek highlights packages on 9 will have a viewing audience of marginal proportions.And by the way it's not 2 hours.Take out 25 minutes for ads,track guides and 20 minutes at least for talking heads and "human interest" stories and you are left with 70-75 minutes of racing.If they are going to cover the core ARG categories of TCR,S5000,TCM,TransAm and GT that gives us about 4-5 minutes a race.
Except for the meetings I attend it's goodbye ARG from me.I enjoyed it while it lasted but I'm not going to pay for multiple platforms just for motor racing and Stan's offerings hardly compete with F1 and Moto GP.

skaifeman

Foxtel was borderline for Supercars, and that was for a well established series and a well established pay TV provider.
ARG/TCR and Stan are the opposite, both starting out.

I for one won't be signing up for Stan just for the ARG series'. You lose all the 'TV surfers' and also casual viewers (myself).
That might be the ARG target market though, maybe they've found that only the hardcore watch them anyway? Surely they'd be basing this decision as a balance of data/business growth/TV income.

Will Brown will take Mostert's seat. Surely that has to be the combo to beat.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/06/brown-replaces-mostert-in-audi-tcr-team/
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

billybanana

I signed up as soon as they announced it. Yes hardcore motor racing fan, combined with the UCL, it was enough to get me in.

mikeamerica84

Nice watch I had of the opening 2022 race.  No spoliers, of course but I am looking forward to tomorrow's action.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

Troy01505

I watched some on FTA yesterday along with a few other categories. Was bull**** with the amount of ads!

Is Stan ad free?

skaifeman

Quote from: Troy01505 on February 13, 2022, 06:58:44 PM
I watched some on FTA yesterday along with a few other categories. Was bull**** with the amount of ads!

Is Stan ad free?

Stan is ad free.

Roadways6

Quote from: Troy01505 on February 13, 2022, 06:58:44 PMWas bull**** with the amount of ads!

The same amount of ads that FTA has had for the last 50 odd years?