News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 Season

Started by skaifeman, February 03, 2022, 12:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic

Quote from: Alan59 on March 22, 2022, 09:18:20 PM
S5000 were slower around Bathurst than F3 was when it competed there so that is a guide.
I have been to 3 meetings where S5000 has been on-not counting Thursday at Albert Park 2020.The overall impression of people I have been with was that the cars are good  but little future for a class that struggles to get grids of double figures in its 4th year.Different impression at Bathurst where everyone thought they were bordering on farcical.
Returning to topic the Phillip Island Speed Series highlights are on GEM tomorrow morning at 10am.What happened to prime time scheduling mentioned in the initial press release?No weekend replay either which was also mentioned in that release.

think I saw it was also replays on Sat/Sun when folk will be watching a different series... almost like they want the fta coverage to fall over with those scheduled times

**Sat at 1230, Sun at 130 on Go
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Alan59

Quote from: stevo qld on March 22, 2022, 09:32:15 PM
Quote from: Alan59 on March 22, 2022, 09:18:20 PM
Returning to topic the Phillip Island Speed Series highlights are on GEM tomorrow morning at 10am.What happened to prime time scheduling mentioned in the initial press release?No weekend replay either which was also mentioned in that release.

thanks for the heads up. i have now set the recorder to the rather bland and anonymous "Speed Series".

That
s worth an "Applaud" good point for you. ;D
Also Texas Indycar at 2pm Wednesday on GO and Sebring WEC on Saturday at 2.30pm also on GO.

Alan59

Well although the electronic program guide said I'd recorded Speed Series what was screened were repeats of Getaway,quiz shows etc.
All round great work by 9 and ARG.

Alan59

9 showed the Indycar highlights as scheduled.I'm guessing this is all on ARG.

TheArrow

Nice to see Luke King back in the field. Met him at SMP last season, he's from my home town and was chatting with us for ages. Very approachable and up for a chat and a photo. Let us into the garage to get a pic with the car.

Only reason the conversation ended was because he was called to the stewards room.

Hoping he get's some good results for the remainder of the season.

mikeamerica84

Sladey is the next "guest" Supercars driver to enter the fray this round. 

Looking forward to the whole weekend from this side of the sphere.....
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

QR this weekend after quite a few months off.  I'll be giving it a look for sure.

mikeamerica84

Sandown this weekend, boys.  I tell you, Aus TCR is worth a watch.  If I am watching it from HERE, you should be watching it from THERE.

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 17, 2022, 11:40:26 AM
Sandown this weekend, boys.  I tell you, Aus TCR is worth a watch.  If I am watching it from HERE, you should be watching it from THERE.

well what'd you think? I got drenched!! and then hailed on to top it off at the end of their race...

loading my pics now to see what I got of that last lap t6 slide (when it started I had images in my head of another 86 moment!)

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Sonic on September 17, 2022, 06:28:27 PM

well what'd you think? I got drenched!! and then hailed on to top it off at the end of their race...

loading my pics now to see what I got of that last lap t6 slide (when it started I had images in my head of another 86 moment!)

No.  I am waiting patiently for my source to provide it to me.  Maybe by the end of the day here?  ~14 hours behind you.

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 17, 2022, 11:26:48 PM

No.  I am waiting patiently for my source to provide it to me.  Maybe by the end of the day here?  ~14 hours behind you.

an even bigger drenching today... I am soaked! got some cool air shots in the final tcr race... keep an eye on my photo page :)

mikeamerica84

Quote from: Sonic on September 18, 2022, 06:09:44 PM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 17, 2022, 11:26:48 PM

an even bigger drenching today... I am soaked! got some cool air shots in the final tcr race... keep an eye on my photo page :)
I am finally getting the goods from my source.  He probably had to be rescued by boat from the way you described the weekend.  :)

Back to watching the Queen's procession for now with my morning coffee.

mikeamerica84

Looked a tad wet there, for sure, Sonic.  I'll look for your photos.

mikeamerica84

THERE'S our favourite photographer hitting it hard at the North end of the course!

Sonic

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on September 22, 2022, 01:02:06 AM

THERE'S our favourite photographer hitting it hard at the North end of the course!

:D LOL!!!

Just a tad moist and cold.... and hail too