News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 V8 Central Fantasy League Media Centre

Started by TheArrow, February 17, 2022, 06:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

R&K Motorsports
Massive Success at Albert Park!

Gorokan, NSW - R&K Motorsports went into the AGP with high hopes.  When the weekend was all done, those hopes turned into reality as young Jack Smith brought the Coors Light Mustang home with two third place finishes, a second place finish, and a Race 4 win.

"This is one of our most shining moments," reflected Team Principal Mike.  "Everything seemed to fall our way and Jack has never been so confident in his racing career."

He continued, "Jack usually scores a race as a success when he FINISHES.  Finishing on the LEAD LAP is a bonus when it happens.  But now.... three podiums and a WIN.... He is flying higher than a kite right now.  That was our 23rd win in the V8CFL."

The weekend results also boosted R&K Motorsports to the top of the table.

"We are there now, but there is a LOOOOOOOONG way to go," concluded Mike.

Meanwhile, a rookie Stan Sports reporter, covering his first motorsport event went looking for Jack to get a solid interview and expert opinions from him.

"Hi!  Mick Trickey, here, reporting live for Stan Sport from Melbourne at the AGP!  To continue with Stan Sports quality coverage of the round, let's go find Jack Smith and get his expert insight on the round and results!  I am so excited to meet a driver of his caliber!"

"Where is he....?  Oh!  That looks like him over there!  I recognize his hair from a picture."

"Jack!  How does it feel to have the weekend results you achieved?"

"What results?  I just showed up here and every guy was buying me free drinks.  Unless you have a fat wallet, I suggest you hit the road, you bottom feeder."

Mick continued on, realizing that may not have been Jack.

"Oh!  This is him for SURE!"

"Jack-O!  It's a pleasure to meet you!  Tell us the whole story behind your weekend success!"

"Jack?  Jack?  Hell-OOOOOO...!  Anyone HOME?"

A fan then yelled to Mick that Jack was over THERE (to his left).

"Hey, Jack!  How's the weekend been, mate?"

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...."

Mick immediately moved on in fear of his safety.

"Jack Smith?"

"Nooouuu.  Jackie Stewart, son.  You have any racing questions?"

"No.  I am new here looking for Jack Smith.  You know -  a real race driver.  Thanks, though, Scotty."

"Jack!  I finally found you!  Tell us about Race 4."

"Jack?  Jack?  Why the weird hat, Jack?  Huh?  Did you say something?  Damn.  Another wrong Jack.  What a one-dimensional bloke.  Wait..... is that him over there?"

"This HAS to be him!"

"Jack?  I thought you were a lot taller?  Aw geez.  These people are screwing with me.  Hell.... I quit.  This network crap sucks."

Despite the slight pit garage reporting shortcomings, R&K fans were celebrating the round:

"Come on, JACK!  Bring it HOME!"

"I can hardly hold back my emotions watching that boy race while I drink Coors Light!"

"This is soooooooo COOL!"

"Jack wins the race and moves atop the ladder.  We win with Kingsford Charcoal and soon move over to that recliner chair behind us!"

"Nothing like a hot Kingsford grill, a good round result, and hot retro brunettes drinking for a good time!"

"Jack won this weekend.  I love you.  Will you marry me?"

"No.  You are using cheap charcoal - not Kingsford.  I can do better, thank you."

Well, there you have it race fans.  A happy weekend for most, but not all.  We'll see you all in WA in a few weeks.

The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

TheArrow

Tweaked Design for Iconic Team

The Arrow Mazda Motorsport has revealed another of the tweaked liveries announced at the team launch.

To be run at the Perth SuperNight and the Winton SuperSprint, the design bearing the team logo is essentially a straight swap between the black and the white on the standard livery revealed at the start of the season.

"We think it'll stand out better on track in the dark." said TheArrow.

"We love the black base design but we thought it would be nice to go for a brighter car for this event and the next.

"The white brings a whole new vibe. Maybe I'll have to change the plan and run it for the rest of the season."

The team will again shift the design for the following two events to align with the Indigenous Round at Hidden Valley, which they will carry over to Townsville. The Bend event will revert to the same design used at Tasmania and The AGP. Another new design will be used for Sandown, followed by a sixth new design for Pukekohe.

Bathurst and the Gold Coast will see the original livery used for Sydney Motorsport Park return. If Newcastle returns, it is believed that same design will be seen there, too.

The future of The Arrow Motorsport is still in the air regarding their 2023 racing chariots. The team is running a race car whose underpinnings date back to 2015, and whose road-going variant dates back to the early 2010s. It is no secret the car is old and an update is well overdue. With Gen-3 around the corner, time is running out for a new car to be homologated and enter the series in 2023 in a competitive nature.

Rumours of a RWD Mazda6 have proved fruitless at this stage, however there are renewed talks for a new, rotary powered car that could bring the iconic rotary back to top level Australian motorsport since Allan Moffat in the early 1980s. Moffat won three Australian Touring Car Championship titles and finished 3rd in another with only one season in the Mazda finishing outside the top 5.

The same cannot be said for the current factory supported Mazda team.

2022 Wins
2022 Race 1 - Sydney Motorsport Park - Race Winner
2022 Race 3 - Symmons Plains - Race Winner

Kytabu

KRT sees red in the Top End
The Kalyara Racing Team has shown its one-off Honeyant Dreaming livery, to be used during next week's round at Hidden Valley.

"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

mikeamerica84

R&K Motorsports
Heading North!

Gorokan, NSW - Now sitting in fourth on the table, a mere 68 markers off of the top rung, R&K Motorsports heads North to Hidden Valley with the rest of the V8 Central Fantasy League traveling circus.  The team has had quite a bit of success there over the years, and hope to continue after making a few adjustments on their car.

"Yeah, we found we needed to make a tweak here and a twist there to pick up the car's balance," stated driver Jack Smith.  "I really like Hidden Valley.  Half the fun is the drive UP there and seeing all of the terrain in the middle of the country."

"I'd rather fly, to tell you the truth," countered Team Principal Mike.  "Although, with these new self driving cars, start her up in Gorokan, set the computer, take a day's nap and waking up in Darwin doesn't sound too bad.  Probably a hell of lot safer than riding with Jack."

In the meantime, R&K Motorsports Coors Light/Kingsford Charcoal/Federated Auto Parts Ford Mustang fans across the globe are gearing up for the big three race round up top.

"We're leaving WA and headed across the outback.  We are camping overnight in Wittenoom.  Plenty of space there to camp we here."

"I'll be watching from by the lake here in Chicago.  I weigh 300 lbs. 
I hear the more of this light beer I drink, the more the weight will fall off of me. 
By the time the weekend is over, I ought to look like a Kenyan distance runner."

"I am taste testing Coors Light versus Coors original.  I'll let you know my final evaluations after the round when Jack cleans up at Hidden Valley."

In this day of gender identity getting front page news, we have no idea what we have here.  We are just glad it is adorned in the sponsor's logos.

Meanwhile, back at the homesteads, the grills will be fulling ablaze as Jack tries to move up the table:

"Come and get it!  The breasts are ready!"

"I can't wait to see the look on the face of that flirty little bitch hitting on my guy when she takes a bite of THIS hot dog. 
Don't ever underestimate what a protective missus is capable of achieving."

"Just pass me one, hon.  I don't have any pants on.  Thanks.  I'll be out later."

Always remember, race fans:

And don't forget to change the oil on your road car prior to heading to Darwin this weekend.  Use quality filters like Team Principal Mike used this afternoon in his driveway.

Bring it home, Jacko!

TheArrow

THE ARROW MAZDA MOTORSPORT UNVEILS MEANINGFUL INDIGENOUS ROUND LIVERY

The Arrow Mazda Motorsport has revealed their Indigenous Round livery hours out from the opening practice session.

Collaborating with a local Central Coast based Indigenous artist and the team owner himself, the design portrays the personal family experience of TheArrow and his Indigenous heritage.

"It's a deeply personal design and I'm extremely proud of the result. I think it looks incredible." said TheArrow.

"Some might think it looks messy or that the lines look rough. We've seen plenty that are really smooth and look almost too perfect. We felt the approach we've taken is a little more authentic."

The design depicts the broad heritage of the family, who originate from Gallangabang country near what is now known as Wellington in western New South Wales, and Biripi country - now known as Taree - also in New South Wales. The livery features reds and oranges and other earthy tones, illustrating the landscape in that part of the country.

Representing the figurative migration of the family to the coastal region in Darkinjung country,  the doors feature several traditional Indigenous symbols including campsites and travel lines to a watering hole. All of this culminates with a campsite symbol on the rear quarter panel covered in various blue hues, depicting the final destination on the coast.

Notably the archer symbol that is regularly seen on the side of the car has been replaced by a silhouette of an Indigenous man holding a spear.

It is understood this livery will be used for the Townsville event following Indigenous Round, as announced at the team launch earlier this year.

Arrow Productions, who is the joint title sponsor alongside Mazda, has sacrificed the doors for the next two events to adequately showcase the importance of recognising our heritage.

TheArrow's family has history with recognising their heritage.

"My parents ran a very successful Indigenous instrument business in the early 2000s. Especially around the time of the Sydney Olympics. Some quite famous celebrities have some authentic Indigenous instruments, including Dolly Parton.

"My sister has had her art displayed in galleries too, so we're not new to displaying our heritage."

The Arrow Mazda Motorsport will be hoping this new livery will bring good form for the team that currently has the most race wins of the 2022 season.

2017 Tournament Champions
2022 Wins
2022 Race 1 - Sydney Motorsport Park - Race Winner
2022 Race 3 - Symmons Plains - Race Winner

2022 Race 3 - Wanneroo - Race Winner

mikeamerica84

R&K Motorsports
Down to Sandown we go from NSW!

Gorokan, NSW - Heading down to Sandown for Round 9 of the 2022 V8 Central Fantasy League season, the camp founded by the Yank currently sits on the fifth rung of the ladder, slightly more than 100 points off of the lead.  The team notched their 25th win of their history last round in Race 1 at Tailem Bend.

"In all honesty," said driver Jack Smith, "If we can leave Victoria in fourth place that would be great.  That is our goal.  We are going to try and scratch our way up."

To do so the team has to get past the upstart rookie team of K-Miesta Motorsport.

Team Principal Mike then revealed the Sandown livery.  The Ford Mustang will be fully covered with a Kingsford bag livery
in a one-off design by their good friend, and defending V8CFL Champion, Helix:

"This ought to get the barbies going," laughed Mike.

Around various parts of the country and world, R&K fans seemed to take up the advice of the team and commenced grilling!

On the beach!

"Whoever knocks that stupid hat off of Big Jimbo gets this first hot dog!"

Speaking of more hats:

"You could talk me into a lot more than a burger if you ditched the spinner, vest, and neckerchief, John Wayne."

Parents were teaching their children the proper was to BBQ:

"Remember, Bobby, it is not what you cook, but how you use Kingsford Charcoal to do it.  Got it?"

"I got it MADE!  The V8CFL, Sandown, Jack Smith, grilled chicken, and a babe hanging all over me!

THIS is what Kingsford can do for a man!"

At nice get togethers with Coors Light Beer:

"Where should we start?"

"I'll start with you, you drunk little tart!!"

In big cities:

"These are for my good mate Fred Flintstone.  He's coming by tonight for some brontosaurus steaks.  You girls are welcome, you know."

That about sums it up, guys.

Just make sure you have no BBQ accidents....

...be it in the backyard....

"WHOOOA!"

...on the back deck....

"We're gonna need a bigger hose!"

...with our Japanese R&K fans....

" 大野!  神戸ステーキ!"
("Oh no!  The Kobi steaks!")

...or with no Plan B for dinner:

"Ych."

We'll see you all on the other side of the checkers!

TheArrow

mikeamerica84

R&K Motorsports
2022 V8CFL Champions!

Gorokan, NSW – The 2022 V8 Central Fantasy League season has come to a close and a surprised R&K Motorsports camp wound up at the top of the heap in the end.  Team Principal Mike spoke for the crew:

"We are all elated to have won this year!  We have tried many times but came up short.  This is our first championship, barring being Enduro Champs with Ain't Care Motorsports a few years back.

"We owe it all to the team and our driver, The Great Jack Smith!"

Applause and cheers were heard throughout the building when Jack took the mic.

"I am STOKED right now!  I have to thank Mike for giving me this opportunity to drive in the V8CFL!  He stuck with me through thick and thin when others has thrown me on the scrap heap because of my family's money.  I am looking for a long term relationship with these Yanks!"

Across the globe, R&K Motorsports fans celebrated their accomplishment:

India:

"Long live Jack-E!  Long live Jack-E!  Long live Jack-E!"

France:

"Viva le Jack!"

England:

Celebrations were in order as the country also announced a new orthodontic health care plan for all women of Great Britain in conjunction with Celebration Jack and free gin for a day.

Egypt:

"We now worship you, Jack!"

"Where are you taking me?"
"To Jack's hotel room."
"Oh!  Cool!  I can be a sacrifice?"
"Something like that."

China:

"Get back to your apartments, you radicals!"
"Make sure to double weld their doors closed this time, men!"

America:

"We salute you, Jack!  You are better than our greatest driver of all time, Danica Patrick!"

Brazil:

"Yes.  These are real."

Australia:

"Deadly, Jack-O!  Deadly!"

Italy:

"A what-a I tell you?  A botta BINK, botta BOONK!  Jack wins it all!"

The Vatican:

"If we hurry sisters, and ask nicely, we might get an autograph!"

"Your Holy Excellency, what do you think of Jack and R&K?"

"A miracle, my children!  A miracle!"

Russia:

"I wish I could play in this sand box."

Devils Tower, Wyoming:

(Translated from Alien sign language}
"I just had to come back after 45 Earth years and say 'Good Job!'  We've been watching the V8CFL and R&K Motorsports for years. 
The guys back home really get excited when Larko jabbers in the pits, too.

"I gotta go now.  See you in a few more decades, my friends.  Oh.... Do you guys want Richard Dreyfuss back?"

"After all of the time and money we invested in Stanaway, can you believe that THIS idiot won the Championship?"

Helix

As much as it pains me to let this puppy go, it could not have gone to a better bloke, leader of us and all round good mate, well done R&K Motorsport and its head honcho Mike.