News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

2022 V8CFL - General Chat

Started by mikeamerica84, February 09, 2022, 04:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeamerica84

Team rosters are locked in for Winton as the deadline has passed.  I have the weekend off so results should be fairly prompt - minus the time diff between here and you.

Good luck to all as K-Miesta Motorsport heads the table headed into Winton.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

TheArrow

I'd love some more results like the previous round, please.

mikeamerica84

Winton Results are up.  I hope they satisfy you, Arrow.   :D

K-Miesta Motorsport has extended their lead in the table with their Holden Commodore VF.  The Arrow Motorsport is now second with Ecurie Escargot right behind.

Race 1 Podium
1 Super Seven Racing Aotearoa / formerlyHolden51 / Toyota Camry SX
2 Pepsi Max Racing / CP / Ford Mustang
3 WOFTAM Racing / Professor / Holden Commodore ZB

Race 2 Podium
1 Shogun Autosport / Helix / Ford Mustang Gen 3
2 Bump and Run Racing / Troy01505 / Chevrolet Camaro HSV ZL1
3 K-Miesta Motorsport / kennymiesta / Holden Commodore VF

Race 3 Podium
1 A1 SimSports / V8SuperRiley / Ford Mustang
2 WOFTAM Racing / Professor / Holden Commodore ZB
3 Pepsi Max Racing / CP / Ford Mustang

We will head North to Darwin in a few weeks.  We'll see what happens there.  I am sure there will be some roster shuffling prior to.  Me included.

Please check your results and point tally.  There were no post race penalties.  As for fastest lap time in each race, it was Reynolds, Courtney, and SVG respectively.  The first and last do not factor into the points tally, but in Race 2, Shogun Autosport picked up the extra 5 markers as they have JC on their roster now - the only team that does.  AND they won Race 2!  Coincidence?

V8SuperRiley

It's tight out there!! only 129 points from first to 8th..

TheArrow

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on May 23, 2022, 03:01:38 PM
Winton Results are up.  I hope they satisfy you, Arrow.   :D

Well the results weren't great but the champ points are looking okay.

mikeamerica84

Quote from: V8SuperRiley on May 24, 2022, 10:13:51 AM
It's tight out there!! only 129 points from first to 8th..
And 11th through 13th by only FOUR points!

mikeamerica84

I have added a bit more clarity to the roster change log wherein I have actually noted the exact changes members have made throughout.  Wish I would have thought of this sooner, but the managing a high-level organization like the V8CFL is a learning experience.   ;D

mikeamerica84

It has been a few weeks since Winton, but the show will go on this weekend up at the top.

Let us all now start to get back onboard our ship as we set sail for Darwin and remember that all changes have to be submitted prior to THURSDAY MIDNIGHT, SYDNEY, NSW time.  As of right now, we have four camps that have submitted roster changes:

Ain't Care Motorsports / Group B - 1 change: 2 out, 99 in
R&K Motorsports / Group B - 1 change: 2 out, 88 in / Group D1 - reshuffle: 55/56 out, 26/10 in
A1 SimSports / Group B - 1 change: 9 out, 88 in / Group D1 - reshuffle: 10/55 out, 10/26 in
TAA Performance / Group B - 2 changes: 2 out, 5 in; 9 out, 88 in

On a non-V8CFL note, I have to work the weekend so the results will not be as prompt as the past couple of rounds.  I should have them out by Monday evening my time, which will be Tuesday morning your time(s).  I have to watch qually and the races myself prior to, you know.  THAT is why we all are here.

In the meantime, hot, humid, and balmy here in the Midwest, for Summer is just around the corner as your Winter season is about to kick off.

Cheers.

mikeamerica84

The Hidden Valley deadline has passed.  All team rosters are locked in for the weekend.

As always, good luck to all!  If anyone is at the race, please post pictures!  See you on the other side of the checkers!

V8SuperRiley

mikeamerica84

Yes you are, Riley.  It is getting//staying tight at the pointy end AND the dull end.

I will have this weekend off so the results should be fairly prompt post-round.

Sending out the beacon for all to return to the ship as we sail to Townsville, check your rosters.  Many changes can be made.  Feel free to exercise said changes.  You have until Midnight Thursday Sydney, NSW time to make tweaks prior to Townsville.  After that time, rosters will be locked in and the bell will sound.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Townsville for the seventh round of the V8 Central Fantasy League - the NTI Townsville 500.  The battle for the top of the table is now between
The Arrow Mazda Motorsport and K-Meista Motorsport.  A1 SimSports, R&K Motorsports, our defending 2021 V8CFL champion Shogun Autosport,
and rookies Ecurie Escargot and Bump and Run Racing are within a close shout.

"This round will be a two race event.  88 laps each.  No saving by the bell.  No fastest lap points.  Knockouts are always possible.

"Let's get ready to RUMMMMMMM bull !"

TheArrow

Yeah look if we all wanna call the season now I'd be thrilled.

mikeamerica84

Well, we're not calling it just yet, Arrow.....

....BUT we ARE calling al rosters locked in for Townsville as the Thursday Midnight deadline has passed.  Good luck to all in this two race round.

skaifeman

It should be worth noting that everyone that had #76 Jacobson now has #31 Golding in the Group D2.

That's all of us except Jetpac!
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on July 08, 2022, 09:44:12 AM
It should be worth noting that everyone that had #76 Jacobson now has #31 Golding in the Group D2.

That's all of us except Jetpac!
Thanks, skaifey!  The number change slipped past me.  I will correct as necessary on the Team Rosters thread.

Update - all corrected.