News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

V8 Utes 2022

Started by stevo qld, February 17, 2022, 01:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo qld

The V8 Utes were going to expand but we have yet to see a reasonable sized field.

Will they even get a gig at major televised events if this keeps up?

About half the field run out of Sieders.

Stalwart supporter, Peters Motorsport, have lost Ryal Harris and possibly his sponsor. Will Rod and Brett continue with Utes or move to other classes? Will they have new drivers and sponsors or park a car or two?

is the Dean Brooking car a new build or is it an existing car.

QuoteJKD Racing will join the Haltech V8 SuperUte Series in 2022.

Team owner Dean Brooking will drive a Toyota Hilux in the season ahead, stepping up from a variety of state-level events/competitions such as the Victorian Excel Racing Series.

The squad is based only 15 minutes from the Winton circuit and recently completed the build of a new workshop in preparation for its V8 SuperUtes tilt.

The six-round season is set to kick off at Symmons Plains in support of Supercars' Tasmania SuperSprint on March 26-27.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/14/new-team-for-v8-superutes/

QuoteRyal Harris will contest his first full Dunlop Super2 Series campaign at the age of 36 after reuniting with Matt Stone Racing.

Harris is a legend of Australian ute racing, having won five titles all up across three eras: V8 Utes, the diesel-powered SuperUtes, and the new V8 SuperUtes last year.

Long renowned as an excellent talent who'd been lacking opportunities at a higher level, Harris finally gets his shot in the Supercars feeder series.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/02/16/harris-to-contest-first-full-super2-season/
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

mikeamerica84

Watching the new utes, Steve, it just seems to me that these vehicles should be racing some other circuit - like dirt tracks and jumps.  The old utes at least at a little HP-to-weight ratio that seemed good for racing.  These new utes seem like top heavy family-of-four-with money commuters.

I hope they can find a solution for their cause, but it seems like a tall task to me.
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

stevo qld

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on February 21, 2022, 03:37:48 PM
Watching the new utes, Steve, it just seems to me that these vehicles should be racing some other circuit - like dirt tracks and jumps.  The old utes at least at a little HP-to-weight ratio that seemed good for racing.  These new utes seem like top heavy family-of-four-with money commuters.

I hope they can find a solution for their cause, but it seems like a tall task to me.

Strangely, these should be the Gen 3 Supercars as the 4D Utes outsell Mustang and Camaro by a huge margin.  ::) :P
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

mikeamerica84

The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life