News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlbertM

Like clock work, Morrison denies everything.

Sad part is that if criminal charges do get laid. It will the on the pubic servants and not the MP's that dreamed robodebt up.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

He really is a filthy piece of ****, everything he touched is toxic

Trevor

So Mr. Potato Head wants another referendum. Jeez, he is dumber than a rock

Sonic

just one more waste of money (regardless of whether it gets through or not)... really does piss me off that stuff like this isn't done in conjunction with an election...

but then again, that would be fiscally responsible...
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on September 05, 2023, 05:21:14 PMSo Mr. Potato Head wants another referendum. Jeez, he is dumber than a rock

But only if this one fails. (and it probably will).

In the meantime, voters are listening to John Farnam. about the Voice and trying to understand it.

It seems that almost every day some big city Professor, or other well off educated city dweller, is taking about the voice and they usually add something to the reasons.

I pity the poor country domiciled aboriginal try to understand just who will be appointed to speak for them.

According to the polls, NO is 10 to 20 points ahead (without exactitude) and that is a great margin to make up for the Yes Voters.

Personally, I am not influenced by either the YES or No campaigns based on a lot of stuff that is not in the referendum question that I am actually voting on. It is probably less than 100 words.

There is a school of thought that Anthony actually adopted a form of words that will fail, as John Howard did for the republic vote. Then he can say 'at least I tried".

QuoteThe Parliament of Australia has agreed to propose adding a new chapter, Chapter IX-Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples to the Constitution. The chapter would include a new section 129, which would be as follows:

129 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice

In recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Peoples of Australia:

there shall be a body, to be called the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice;

the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice may make representations to the Parliament and the Executive Government of the Commonwealth on matters relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;

the Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws with respect to matters relating to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice, including its composition, functions, powers and procedures.

When you receive a ballot paper at the referendum, you should write 'Yes' if you agree with this proposed change to the Constitution, or you should write 'No' if you do not agree.

https://www.aec.gov.au/referendums/learn/the-question.html

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Tommo

The referendum will fail easily, not necessarily because people are against it, but as a protest against a lack of action on cost of living issue such as inflation, lack of affordable housing, lack of wage growth vs inflation and extremely high immigration which exacerbates these issues.

In my line of work I'm dealing with a rapidly increasing amount of frustrated people 35 and under who are just going nowhere financially.

Trevor

Quote from: stevo qld on September 05, 2023, 08:26:49 PM
Quote from: Trevor on September 05, 2023, 05:21:14 PMSo Mr. Potato Head wants another referendum. Jeez, he is dumber than a rock

But only if this one fails. (and it probably will).

In the meantime, voters are listening to John Farnam. about the Voice and trying to understand it.

It seems that almost every day some big city Professor, or other well off educated city dweller, is taking about the voice and they usually add something to the reasons.

I pity the poor country domiciled aboriginal try to understand just who will be appointed to speak for them.

According to the polls, NO is 10 to 20 points ahead (without exactitude) and that is a great margin to make up for the Yes Voters.

Personally, I am not influenced by either the YES or No campaigns based on a lot of stuff that is not in the referendum question that I am actually voting on. It is probably less than 100 words.

There is a school of thought that Anthony actually adopted a form of words that will fail, as John Howard did for the republic vote. Then he can say 'at least I tried".

QuoteThe Parliament of Australia has agreed to propose adding a new chapter, Chapter IX-Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples to the Constitution. The chapter would include a new section 129, which would be as follows:

129 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice

In recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Peoples of Australia:

there shall be a body, to be called the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice;

the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice may make representations to the Parliament and the Executive Government of the Commonwealth on matters relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;

the Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws with respect to matters relating to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice, including its composition, functions, powers and procedures.

When you receive a ballot paper at the referendum, you should write 'Yes' if you agree with this proposed change to the Constitution, or you should write 'No' if you do not agree.

https://www.aec.gov.au/referendums/learn/the-question.html

the question just shows the lies that Mr Potato Head. Idiot Hanson and that idiot Senate member (can't remember her name) are telling

Troy01505

Here our politicians are flogging personal opinions and millions of dollars on a referendum when there are millions of people struggling to eat.

What the **** has our country become? And where are the politicians that are actually for the people?

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on September 09, 2023, 05:48:11 PMThe question just shows the lies that Mr Potato Head. Idiot Hanson and that idiot Senate member (can't remember her name) are telling

Wow! Congratulations. You are the first person I recall who actually takes note of Dutton.

I get most of my information from the ABC Aboriginal Hour from 6pm to 7pm weekdays.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

Quote from: Troy01505 on September 10, 2023, 02:26:17 PMHere our politicians are flogging personal opinions and millions of dollars on a referendum when there are millions of people struggling to eat.

What the **** has our country become? And where are the politicians that are actually for the people?

It's is that way because despite the voting public grievances with whatever government, always vote the same way. The only way to make change is to dump the career politicians.
Ford Faithful

Sonic

Quote from: AlbertM on September 19, 2023, 04:42:33 PM
Quote from: Troy01505 on September 10, 2023, 02:26:17 PMHere our politicians are flogging personal opinions and millions of dollars on a referendum when there are millions of people struggling to eat.

It's is that way because despite the voting public grievances with whatever government, always vote the same way. The only way to make change is to dump the career politicians.

perhaps the US idea of 2 terms should be brought in? my head is saying that is only for the president over there but I reckon an all out 2 terms would be a good thing. whether you are in power or not, maybe 10 years max in the seat (or opposition) and then you are moved on. keep it fresh, not that fresh sh** smells any better than aged sh** but ....

Trevor

Quote from: Sonic on September 19, 2023, 05:18:36 PMperhaps the US idea of 2 terms should be brought in? my head is saying that is only for the president over there but I reckon an all out 2 terms would be a good thing. whether you are in power or not, maybe 10 years max in the seat (or opposition) and then you are moved on. keep it fresh, not that fresh sh** smells any better than aged sh** but ....
2 terms only applies to the US President, who sits outside Parliament, so not relative to Australia

I recently looked up the average age of Australian Federal politicians and was surprised to learn that it is only 52.  The eldest is ol' mate Bob Katter

Trevor

Quote from: stevo qld on September 10, 2023, 02:46:02 PMWow! Congratulations. You are the first person I recall who actually takes note of Dutton.

I get most of my information from the ABC Aboriginal Hour from 6pm to 7pm weekdays.
I have gone right off ABC morning news, their evening news is not too bad, but The Drum is **** most nights

Sonic

What a fantastic day to be in Victoria!

The sun is out and Andrews has finally quit.

Shame he is going to be paid forever for the pathetic job he has done that has left the state in such a mess and state of disrepair.

Hope the door hits you on your way out!

Trevor

I picked it before the last election, I knew he would go mid-term.  it is what all Labor leaders have done.

I think he has led a Government that has done a pretty good job, a few hiccups but mostly a pretty good job

Despite all the name calling, we do NOT live in a dictatorship, we are a democracy, not autocracy.  he is the leader of a Government, he cannot make decisions on his own, most times he is just the spokesperson for his Government - many idiots fail to see that

We have a new hospital wing, multi-storey, a new emergency department, we have a new school, we have an upgraded rail line with more frequent upgraded, faster trains (unreal for a non-labor seat), we have more frequent train travel. We have affordable train travel, thanks to his Government stealing a Liberal idea. We have much needed infrastructure, fixing the rail crossings, fixing the 'missing link', building the much needed under Yarra tunnel