News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

All I can say about Dan Andrews is "His wife has one, he is one"
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Trevor

Quote from: madbugger on September 27, 2023, 05:41:06 AMAll I can say about Dan Andrews is "His wife has one, he is one"
I remember seeing that as a bumper sticker many years ago about Malcolm and Tammy Fraser - what is old is new again

LG

The chook has been plucked, not before time might I say.

stevo qld

QuoteAnnastacia Palaszczuk says she will resign as Queensland Premier at the end of the week.

At a media conference on Sunday, Ms Palaszczuk said she would also retire as the member for the Brisbane seat of Inala at the end of the year.

She has been in state parliament since 2006, took over from Anna Bligh as Labor leader in 2012, and became premier in 2015.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-10/annastacia-palaszczuk-resigning-as-queensland-premier/103211112
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Sonic

Quote from: stevo qld on December 10, 2023, 01:24:28 PM
QuoteAnnastacia Palaszczuk says she will resign as Queensland Premier at the end of the week.

At a media conference on Sunday, Ms Palaszczuk said she would also retire as the member for the Brisbane seat of Inala at the end of the year.

She has been in state parliament since 2006, took over from Anna Bligh as Labor leader in 2012, and became premier in 2015.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-10/annastacia-palaszczuk-resigning-as-queensland-premier/103211112

AP hooking up with DA?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

Quote from: Sonic on December 10, 2023, 06:48:17 PM

AP hooking up with DA?

Anastasia has way too much class and has way more achievements.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

Quote from: LG on December 10, 2023, 12:54:21 PMThe chook has been plucked, not before time might I say.
I'm surprised she has lasted as long as she did

I really hope for your sake that that wanker Deputy doesn't get the job

Trevor

Quote from: Sonic on December 10, 2023, 06:48:17 PM

AP hooking up with DA?
according to Sky, they won't be playing golf on the Peninsula lol

stevo qld

Just my opinion:

Anastasia is generally respected for the steady governance of Queensland for some time,
However, the Union Bosses have called time. The ALP is after all the political arm of the Union movement.

The Conservative side has been very weak and without a leader that cuts through to the voters.

IMHO, without change, the ALP will lose the election in October next year, or at least go into minority.

The Olympic spending is the Elephant in the room.

Currently, there is a proposal to demolish the Gabba oval and adjoining historic school and build a new stadium at great expense. This decision is not popular in the Area. If the demolition goes ahead, it will happen in the lead up to the election and be very obvious.

Now, just recently, the Government has fielded a proposal to redevelop the Ekka oval, at great expense. This is a temporary facility that will be partly torn down after the games. The majority of the costs are proposed to be paid by the AFL and Cricket organisations and the Brisbane City Council. All three have said no.

If we also consider the proposal to build a temporary swimming facility in the Roma Street Parkland and then demolish it, leaving no permanent facility for use by the public and sporting teams.

The problem for the Government is that the inner-city suburbs have become a hotbed for Green support, as demonstrated at both Federal and Council elections. If we add in the disgruntled Labor voters, then the ALP will very likely lose seats.

To avoid an election rout, the Government will have to backtrack on these projects and others and so Anastasia had to go.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

LG

She'd lost the plot totally.
Like most of the Labor governments in Qld she has increased all the gov't charges to the detriment of the public.
She doesn't seem to care how much hurt she causes, her response is "I have spoken so that's it."

Trevor

Quote from: madbugger on September 27, 2023, 05:41:06 AMAll I can say about Dan Andrews is "His wife has one, he is one"
of course you do know that every State and Territory and Australia its self is a democracy, like any Leader of any Party the leader is elected by a democratic vote within the Party, also Andrews couldn't make sweeping decisions on his own, there must be a process that involves the Cabinet.  The Leader in most posts is just a spokesperson and leader of the Party. We are a Democracy, not an Autocracy

LG

Funny how DA quit very quickly and unexpectedly.
There's police talk in WA and Qld (and probably others) describing a very valid reason to do with his wife for that sudden announcement.

Trevor

Good luck with your new Premier  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on December 11, 2023, 07:20:38 AM...

I really hope for your sake that that wanker Deputy doesn't get the job

It would appear that you will be dissapointed.

The Union Bosses have decided that it is Miles and Dick as Deputy, allegedly.

It all smacks of putting bandaids as patches on a sinking ship.

These are the same bosses that gave Anastasia her walking notice, allegedly.

We can expect a bunch of ministers to get the flick too and be replaced by the rising union members in favour with the bosses, after a bit of you support our guy for this and we will support your guy for that.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

come on  time to 'fess up, who watched Morrison's valedictory speech?