News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CP

Quote from: AlbertM on October 04, 2021, 01:03:54 PM
Awww poor John Barilaro being picked on by a youtube user was the last straw? Or the jig is up on the NSW LNP protection racket.

Did he resign on his own free will or did he get a tap on the shoulder by ICAC?

LG

Quote from: CP on October 04, 2021, 01:38:33 PM
Awww poor John Barilaro being picked on by a youtube user was the last straw? Or the jig is up on the NSW LNP protection racket.

Either way he's just protecting his Super...   ;)

AlbertM

I'm betting, like Gladys, the tap came from the party room.
Ford Faithful

Zac

There was no tap from the party room. There may have been one or two people from the Right who would rather have a more conservative leader than the moderate Gladys, but no tap. Quite the opposite, actually. The party was as surprised as most of us. If there was a tap on the shoulder, it's more likely to have come from her new boyfriend, Arthur Moses QC who represented her at ICAC last year. and certainly knows how ICAC, Crime Commissions and other such bodies operate. Once ICAC called again, he probably suggested it would be better not to be the Premier and facing ICAC at the same time. My guess is that she listened to a few trusted confidantes and decided on her own - but saying it wasn't her decision was a silly thing to say and she did herself no favours with that one.   

AlbertM

So it is probably is true, Bruz is having a mid-life meltdown.
Ford Faithful

Zac

Probably. He said he is. I can't say that I pay much attention to what the Nats are doing, whether in State or Federal politics. Kind-of hear whatever they're saying in the news, shake head, move on...

stevo qld

Quote from: LG on October 04, 2021, 02:19:53 PM

Either way he's just protecting his Super...   ;)

I don't know, but the ex-premier give up a big heap of taxpayer funded benefits by not waiting for 5 years as NSW Premier, a mere few months away.,
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

CP

Quote from: Zac on October 04, 2021, 06:43:54 PM
Probably. He said he is. I can't say that I pay much attention to what the Nats are doing, whether in State or Federal politics. Kind-of hear whatever they're saying in the news, shake head, move on...

That being said, who's next in line as Nationals leader?

I can only think of Kevin Anderson or Adam Marshall throwing their Akubras (or Brigalows) in the ring.

Trevor

Whilst not my State I did find it interesting that Barilaro is walking away too, is it because the main contender for the Libs leadership is an Abbott clone?  Far right? and Barilaro sees the relationship as not working
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Troy01505

CP

Quote from: coyote302 on October 07, 2021, 08:18:38 AM
https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/news/victorian-opposition-leader-matthew-guy-calls-for-daniel-andrews-to-resign-amid-ibac-investigation/news-story/2df563e21ca751185caf3a61aa6f3389

So, should Andrews resign, or is this different because he is labor?

It's different because he's a bloke, and the sexist anti corruption boards don't investigate them. That's if you believe some of the Sky News and NewsCorp peanuts that truly believe that.

On another note, from the five minutes I've seen of Dominic Perrotet, (or Perentie as mum put him), he comes across as a decent, genuine dude, despite his strong beliefs, unlike ScoMo, whose attempts at relatabilility just seem false.

It's good to see a younger bunch in charge, even though him being 39, makes him only 10 years older than me. It is something that seems to be lacking in the halls of parliament, so if Dom goes well, hopefully it encourages a few more younger folk to enter the ring.

Trevor

I agree with you about having some young blood in politics, I think it is needed

As for Andrews, I am not sure what they are investigating him for, I understand it is to do with the fire brigades and a deal, but not sure of the nitty-gritty detail - whereas with Gladys, all her dirty washing was hung on the line last year, so it is pretty obvious why she is being investigated, just listen to some of the phone calls, I am surprised it has taken this long.

I have in favour of a Federal ICAC, we need to 'keep the bastards honest' (to quote the great Democrats leader Don Chipp)

PHARK IT!!!!!

Troy01505

Tim Smith popped up on Facebook the other day with more allegations of Labor corruption (later on in video from memory.

https://fb.watch/8uyvw6noh1/

Trevor

Tim Smith is the George Christensen of Victorian politics - nothing more to be said

PHARK IT!!!!!