News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote302

Quote from: Trevor on October 08, 2021, 06:29:52 AM
Tim Smith is the George Christensen of Victorian politics - nothing more to be said

I watched the whole video, he made some very valid points, but of course nothing to see here ???
I live to trigger woke snowflakes

Troy01505

Quote from: Trevor on October 08, 2021, 06:29:52 AM
Tim Smith is the George Christensen of Victorian politics - nothing more to be said

No surprise with your reply. Corruption is throughput every party and until we have some new blood from those that have morals and that will work for the people it and not their wallets it will always be poisoned through all political ranks!

Corruption is corruption and any politician should stand down without pay until investigated and cleared.

CP

Trevor

My cousins son in law and son work on Eddies farm, I guess they won't be seeing him for a while longer

CP

United Australia are now Australia's largest party by membership?

How?

LG

Quote from: CP on October 24, 2021, 02:35:30 PM
United Australia are now Australia's largest party by membership
How?

Did they count heads?    :P

AlbertM

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-03/morrison-resists-free-rapid-antigen-testing-for-covid/100735518

If I may recycle the old classic; "If you drink and drive, you're a bloody idiot". If you vote Morrison/LNP you really are a bloody idiot.

WTF! We are paying you flipp'n muppet. 300% mark-up for a single Covid rapid antigen test. This is not like welfare or infrastructure spending where is only goes to a certain portion of the community. WE ALL NEED THE TEST!!!

Kevin Rudd nailed it "Morrison is RATf***ing Australians"
Ford Faithful

Trevor

anyone want to lay odds that Albo will be PM by the end of the year

SloMo and Co are self-destructing

They always say, voters never vote a new Government in, they vote the old one out - SloMo is dead meat

Sonic

Quote from: Trevor on February 07, 2022, 03:33:48 PM

They always say, voters never vote a new Government in, they vote the old one out - SloMo is dead meat

yet some still love the bloke (as they do Dan down here in Vic) and there is no good reason I can see for it? (and no reason for any love for the opposition either but they should get in by default as the 2nd worst (and only other) option)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

Personally, I decided some time ago that if Labor put up a Female Candidate, she would get my vote and I intend to stick with that. Not very scientific  ::)

A lot of opinion is based on some personal event, but a lot of opinion on the Government is based on the reports in the media, which is seemingly heavily influenced by Gotcha questions and Revenge reports.

To ask a PM the price of bread is definitely a Gotcha question. Bread seems to be priced from about $1.50 to $8 plus.

Should we really expect this pixilated behaviour from a Professor of Politics who is a senior political reporter from a minor TV station, Channel 10. Professor Peter van Oselin very widely announced a Labor victory at the last Fed election. He was wrong and he still seems to be pissed off at the Australian people for proving him wrong. He, surprise, surprise, is again pre-announcing a Labor win, which should make Albo very nervious.

Many of the journalists at the ALP Broadcasting Commission, sorry ABC also seems up be upset with the Australian voters for showing their ineptitude.  Some of their personal "Twit" accounts testify to that.

Let's look at a few facts as supplied by Antony Green, ABC Chief Election Analyst who is well respected by all major parties.

QuoteIn the 151 seat House of Representatives, both sides of politics need 76 seats to form a majority government. That allows for 75 seats on the floor of the House, any tied division then resolved by the casting vote of the government Speaker. A government with 76 seats can avoid relying on the Speaker's casting vote by luring an opposition or cross bench member into the Speaker's chair.

The equations for achieving 76 seats are -

The government has 76 seats post-redistribution and cannot afford any net loss of seats. As a minimum it needs to recover Hughes from Craig Kelly.
Post-redistribution Labor starts with 69 seats. Assuming a uniform national swing, Labor needs to gain seven seats on a swing of 3.3% to form government.
Assuming no change in cross bench numbers, Labor needs a uniform swing of 3.1% to gain four seats and finish with more seats than the Coalition in a hung parliament.

In Summary, after wins and losses,  the Coalition need to gain one extra seat and the ALP need to gain 7 extra seats. That is a lot to gain, especially when the Greens are looking to take seats from Labor.

QuoteFor the 2022 election, the Coalition has only three seats on two-party preferred margins under 3%. In 2019 it had 12. In 2022 the Coalition has only one seat under 4% in Queensland compared to eight in 2019.

Labor has many more close seats it needs to defend from further incursions by the Coalition. Labor goes into the election with 12 seats on margins under 3%, the same number as in 2019, and four times the number of 2022 government seats under 3%.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/federal/2022/guide/preview-national

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

People are tired of the Greens and are quite happily separating them from Labor, it is only you Liberal voters that want to hang onto the Gillard days where she had ONE Green supporting her, despite the Liberal cries of Labor being in bed with the Greens, here I will write it again ONE green

This current Government has done heaps of deals with Brandt to get their policies through in the hung Parliament

I will agree on one thing your said, well kinda, the ABC is left, but not so sure about the obvious push for Labor, I would call them 'liberal' in their approach rather than Labor

Trevor

I also note that that pissant leprechaun from QANTAS got his own way, he has been badgering and making announcements about re-opening since the start of COVID

I wish they would get rid of him, he would have to be one of the most unliked people in Australia right now

CP

Quote from: Trevor on February 07, 2022, 03:33:48 PM

Nah, it'll be one of those Convoy to Canberra folk when they overthrow the government.

Would Dutton really have the numbers for a leadership spill?

He hasn't the last few times.

Trevor

Quote from: CP on February 08, 2022, 08:19:12 AM
Nah, it'll be one of those Convoy to Canberra folk when they overthrow the government.

Would Dutton really have the numbers for a leadership spill?

He hasn't the last few times.
I have been having a chuckle about the Freedom protests - they are protesting at the Federal level about stuff the States are doing to them, either they are playing a long game or they just don't understand the Australian political landscape

Trevor

Although I reckon there would be mumbling's of a leadership spill on Morrison, he has let the team down and the voters are reacting