News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: the undertaker on June 01, 2022, 10:07:13 AMProves my point
you can always click on the X in the top right of your screen
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

the undertaker

Yep, had enough of the crap on this site from you and Albert. The site use to be good value, now it's got you two to send it to the grave.

Been a blast over both sites, but time to go.

stevo qld

To return to the thread.

Since the ALP/LNP started paying taxpayers money to candidates that win first preference votes, currently over 4%, I have a policy of giving my first preference to a candidate that will get under the threshold. That way, the taxpayer gets a smaller bill.
I then pass the preference to my preferred candidate who still effectively gets the vote, but not the cash.

What has become evident is that the major parties have significantly dropped their first preference votes at this election.
This is a considerable blow to their finances  and will create a need for smaller or cheaper campaigns. I suspect donations are falling too.
WA Labor may be the exception.

I have read that the Teal candidates had volunteers visiting every home in the electorate.

In the seat of Griffth (east brisbane, south bank), my Mother tells me that two nice young men visited for the Greens. It may be old fashioned, but it seems to work. 
I called a Greens Win a year ago and friends ridiculed the idea. Terry Butler, a Labor frontbencher lost the seat to the Greens.

That nice ex- PM, John Howard took the time to call me, but I was unable to help him. He must be hard of hearing because he didn't respond when I spoke to him.  ;D

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Ospif1

Quote from: the undertaker on June 06, 2022, 08:09:17 AM
Yep, had enough of the crap on this site from you and Albert. The site use to be good value, now it's got you two to send it to the grave.

don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Zac

Quote from: stevo qld on June 06, 2022, 09:48:25 AM
What has become evident is that the major parties have significantly dropped their first preference votes at this election.

That nice ex- PM, John Howard took the time to call me, but I was unable to help him. He must be hard of hearing because he didn't respond when I spoke to him.  ;D
You should have had your answering message on. Your answers could have chatted to John Winston for some time.

What has become evident is that the major parties have dropped their first preference votes in most recent elections. In the 2019 election, Scott Morrison ("I believe in miracles!") and the Libs won with 27.99% of the primary vote - an actual drop for them from the previous election. They scraped through with assistance from a rag-tag bunch of assorted smaller, but similar-minded groups. These groups don't get on with each other, but call themselves a "coalition". This time (like most elections), Australians voted OUT a government, rather than voting a one IN. Labor and Albo didn't have to do much. In fact, Albo looked totally out of his depth, and so did his party - but... They Won! ScoMo was so totally on the nose, that the election became "Anyone but ScoMo and his team of out-of-touch followers". And so it was. For 'Election '22', my 'Yay of the day' goes to Adam Bandt for his "Google it, mate" response to a ridiculous question. No wonder the Greens are going so well. Meanwhile, ScoMo has disappeared (Is he still squatting at Kirribilli?) and apparently Peter Dutton is the way forward ;D. Also meanwhile: Albo, along with quite a few switched-on members of his team has shown that there's more to winning elections than answering 'Gotcha' questions from 'out-of-their depth' journos. They're making me realise that we have just wasted nine years.

(I asked a right-wing conservative friend of mine what he thought of the election result. He answered: "Where do they think the money's coming from?" Huh? I was wondering where the money went.)

AlbertM

Awww don't go, I'll be good.  ;D
Ford Faithful

Trevor

don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out

You'll be back  8)

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

Quote from: stevo qld on June 06, 2022, 09:48:25 AM
yeah. John rang me too, but I was too busy so he left a message

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

well, this has been quite for a while. See Albo is having a wonderful time of things, record ratings for a new PM, lets hope he can stay the course and not be back-stabbed

PHARK IT!!!!!

CP

Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 08:06:47 AM
well, this has been quite for a while. See Albo is having a wonderful time of things, record ratings for a new PM, lets hope he can stay the course and not be back-stabbed

You're dead set wrong. He's ruined the country in the first two months because the cost of living and interest rates keep going up. 😁

It was heading that way anyway even if Cheif Sharkies Happy Clapper and his Beetrooter were still in power, but the peanut gallery of Sky News fail to mention that.

Ospif1

Quote from: CP on August 03, 2022, 09:34:02 AM
Quote from: Trevor on August 02, 2022, 08:06:47 AM

It was heading that way anyway even if Cheif Sharkies Happy Clapper and his Beetrooter were still in power, but the peanut gallery of Sky News fail to mention that.
Their base will believe it though given they're incapable of individual thought.

stevo qld

The ALP Treasurer Jim Chalmers has criticised the banks for passing on rate increase to Mortgages but not passing on rate increase to deposits.  :)

The media places great emphasis on the cost to mortgage holder, who are a clear minority of Australians.

I also notice on tonight's news that the suburbs that are most affected in Brisbane are all that most people here consider the (alleged) prestige suburbs. Maybe they have just taken out loans to the full extent possible and didn't allow for interest rate increases. Mortgage interest rates are still remarkably low.

On the other hand, a clear majority of Australians have money on deposit in Australian Banks, including those who are saving to buy homes.

Good one Jim. ;D

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

actually I think the Bank Chairman (or psokesperson or whatever) said that because of COVID people have money sitting in the bank - what a tosser

PHARK IT!!!!!

LG

It's a massive about face from the reserve bank going from their earlier stance of no interest rises until 2023 sometime to 4 in a row now.
Many people seem to be in trouble but in reality they are partly to blame themselves.
They've borrowed too much money and didn't even think about interest rises so they've been caught out.
Living beyond their means...

stevo qld

I agree LG.

I have a near relative, a trained Opera singer who has toured internationally,

When chasing a job here in Australia, she was offered a job with a financial organisation.

Essentially, the job is to ring Mortgage holders and advise them that the increased valuation on their homes will qualify them for a larger loan with the same monthly repayment amount. The loan can be used for any purpose such as a new car or holidays.

I wonder who they will blame when interest rates rise and repayments rise.

Do they keep to the same repayments and extend the loan until they are 100 years old? :o
ALBERT EINSTEIN