News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

ALP v LP/NP

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zac

Quote from: stevo qld on September 08, 2022, 08:05:11 PM

A significant feature of statements from the ALP is to repeatedly blame the Coalition, over almost nine years, for all the nation's problems.

I thought it was a feature of every government since Federation to blame the previous government for anything and everything. (Probably why it was only a little chuckle.)

stevo qld

My chuckle was because Chris was also blaming two ALP government and he was a Minister in both.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Zac

Yeah, I read that bit too. I heard Dutton having a shot at the Opposition last week - until he remembered that he was the Opposition. Well, trying to be. I think the Greens and all those independents are offering more opposition at the moment. At least he got some airtime, although I think it's only SkyNews paying any attention to him. (I check out Sky occasionally, having watched all the Seinfeld and Monty Python episodes I've got. Sky should do some Blooper shows. They've got enough material, and their bloopers would be even funnier.)

Now, where were we? ALP v LP/NP? It's become too one-sided to debate, hasn't it? As someone who advocated a Labor victory, I'm sure you'd agree with that. 

stevo qld

Not ALP or LNP, but politics

The Greens are asking for an inquiry into Contraception and Abortion.

Many Greens are sensible people with legitimate concerns.

However, there are a few crazies, or loony lefty, who are anti-social and just plain disruptive.

It is a real pity that their parents did not practice Contraception and Abortion. **

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-28/greens-senate-inquiry-abortion-contraceptives-access-australia/101481910

(** channeling Gough Whitlam).

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Zac

Quote from: stevo qld on September 28, 2022, 06:42:56 PM
Many Greens are sensible people with legitimate concerns.

However, there are a few crazies, or loony lefty, who are anti-social and just plain disruptive.
I agree with you. Loony Left or loony Right, anti-social, disruptive, and anywhere in between. I've seen Senator Hollie Hughes and MP Angus Taylor popping up in the news quite a bit lately, so I know what you mean. Also, Pauline Hanson keeps making white noise in the background, but on the positive side, Clive seems to have given up on his plan to become a politician, or create a political party, Michaelia Cash has gone quiet and Peter Dutton is saying anything to try to appear reasonable. No harm in trying, I suppose. He needs to work on appearing convincing though.

Back on the Greens: This one needs another run. A sensible Green with legitimate concerns having to deal with a try-hard smartarse...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxO8aF8SEYM

stevo qld

Yes, I did love that comment when I first saw it.

The media are obsessed with Gotha questions. Maybe that is why the media is trusted even less than politicians.

later:

I was just thinking of Kerry O'Brien interviewing a politician whose name I can't recall, but a wise one, nevertheless.

Kerry suggested that an incident was an example of the people's lack of trust in politicians.

Reply (not verbatim): Yes Kerry, I agree, In fact, politicians are rated nearly as low as reporters.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

Well, what can I say. The Liberals lost ANOTHER election

Steve Bracks summed it up, they are recycling the same old people added in with a few right wing religious nutters

Bracks said they need to learn from Labor did and understand the electorate.  He said that the majority of voters are Millennials, and what are the Libs doing to attract their vote, nothing, they are focusing on what Baby Boomers want, they are only making up 37% of voters

Smart man Mr Bracks

CP

A couple of media outlets suggested it would either be a landslide the other way or a minority Labor government.

By the looks of it, that didn't happen and Chairman/Dictator/Get on the beers Dan is either still popular considering the lockdowns, or like their federal counterparts, the coalition really had **** all to entice voters.

Trevor

Either way, they are in opposition for another 4 years

Like Federally, the Nationals did fine, picked up a couple of seats, but the Libs went backwards. Unlike Federally the Teals did nothing

Another 4 years of 'what **** just happened' 😂😂😂😂😂

Trevor

I remember the chants of the extremists screaming that Andrews was doomed, Labor would be GOOOOONEEE, where are these lunatics now?  Crying in their porridge

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sonic

I still don't know anyone personally who voted for DA/Lab... but much of what I have seen on social media seems to kind of be a smaller version of what we saw in the US with thoughts that remind me of "Not my President"...

We can only hope that this new term will be a better one. Would hope that not having to bow to the Greens/Independants would have to be a good thing as the Gov would be able to govern without having to bow to the nobodies to get stuff done.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

noisy and vocal majority Sonic - the silent minority just get on with it

On a sad note, we lost our fantastic Independent on the weekend, replaced by a Nationals - traditionally Nationals here have been lazy ****ers, I will let this one know if I think she is

Trevor

So, Tassie is the standout for the Libs, they must feel fantastic at the moment, every mainland State and Territory is Labor including Federally - who said that never happens?

meha

Quote from: Trevor on March 31, 2023, 05:30:41 AM
So, Tassie is the standout for the Libs, they must feel fantastic at the moment, every mainland State and Territory is Labor including Federally - who said that never happens?

Perhaps we need to form our own country  ;D ;D

But in all seriousness, we are only a liberal state because the people in the north are swinging voters and are willing to change the government. The ones down south are either Green or ALP voters with a few liberal votes in between.