News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Driver Pit Order

Started by falcon_cobra, March 10, 2022, 11:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

falcon_cobra

what is the actual Driver pit order this year? not the team but the driver

skaifeman

I believe it's the lower number of the two REC's in the team.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

TheArrow

Quote from: skaifeman on March 10, 2022, 11:48:22 AM
I believe it's the lower number of the two REC's in the team.
Not sure if I've interpreted this correctly but I don't think it's right.

Just saw a screengrab of the front half of the pitlane from SMP and it went as follows:

And I remember last year 17 was ahead of 11 so I'm not sure if there is any particular rhyme or reason to the pitlane driver order.

Davison finished ahead of Anton so championship finish order isn't necessarily it either. I think teams just decide as they please.

Bloopy

Pit order is quite relevant to qualifying so makes sense to keep Anton in front based on his haul of poles.

Looks like BJR has also put the 96 ahead of the 4 even though they finished the other way around in 2021.

Troy01505

Team choice I'd say. Front few in pit lane would put their fastest car first, rest of pit lane wouldn't matter.

falcon_cobra

so then is the Garage allocations for the drivers locked in for the year?

TheArrow

Quote from: falcon_cobra on March 11, 2022, 04:11:27 PM
A quick review of the "SUPERCARS OPERATIONS MANUAL 2022  DIVISION "D" – SPORTING RULES" - which for anyone interested is freely available online - under D2.1 Pit Lane Order and covering D.2.1.1 through to D.2.1.5 there is no mention of the specific order of "cars/drivers" within the broader arranged and organised order of "teams" which is determined and allocated by Supercars.

So in short, no, it doesn't seem like the actual drivers/cars are subject to being "locked in" for the year. At least not officially in the regulations.

falcon_cobra

Quote from: TheArrow on March 12, 2022, 03:50:57 PM
Quote from: falcon_cobra on March 11, 2022, 04:11:27 PM
A quick review of the "SUPERCARS OPERATIONS MANUAL 2022  DIVISION "D" – SPORTING RULES" - which for anyone interested is freely available online - under D2.1 Pit Lane Order and covering D.2.1.1 through to D.2.1.5 there is no mention of the specific order of "cars/drivers" within the broader arranged and organised order of "teams" which is determined and allocated by Supercars.

So in short, no, it doesn't seem like the actual drivers/cars are subject to being "locked in" for the year. At least not officially in the regulations.

thank you for that