News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Car Names,

Started by falcon_cobra, March 16, 2022, 06:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the correct way to say the type of Supercar

Ford Mustang GT, Holden Commodore ZB
5 (62.5%)
Ford GT Mustang, Holden ZB Commodore
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

falcon_cobra

Just a General Question

SetonFan

I think it's definitely Mustang GT not GT Mustang - personally I use ZB Commodore not Commodore ZB but that seems more interchangeable

Kytabu

I have always looked at is as Ford > Mustang > GT and Holden > Commodore > ZB, basically most general to least general term. Similar to using dmy instead of mdy ;D.
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

TheArrow

I say Mustang GT and ZB Commodore... So idk which option to vote...

Sonic

Quote from: TheArrow on March 16, 2022, 08:41:05 PM
I say Mustang GT and ZB Commodore... So idk which option to vote...

same.

not comparing apples here... GT is a grade within a model while ZB is the model...

it is like saying would you say I drive a HG Kingswood or a Kingswood HG?... def the model designation first...

if you were talking Ford you would say you drive an XW GT... Model, then place within the range.

for full reference you should always rely on the "Redneck 12 days of Christmas".... final line is "and some parts for a Mustang GT".

the defence rests.... (on what not really sure as it wasn't that much of an argument LOL)
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

AlbertM

Mustang GT and just ZB.

Neither Holden or Commodore exist. ZB is based on an Opel owned by Peugeot.
Ford Faithful

stevo qld

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

murph_fan51

Would be Ford Mustang GT but like others, the VF Commodore etc.

Does no one call the Mustang the S550? A Mustang GT could be any model over the last few decades.
debris debris debris

Trevor

Mustang and P.O.S.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

madbugger

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

REM

Neutered Stang and Handicap King! ;)