News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo

If places like WA and NZ continue to get away with it until the end of the year then that would be a great result. I am not as across the vaccine rollout in NZ but the way things are finally picking up in Australia there will have to be discussions regarding re-entering the world from EARLY next year, which considering how we were going 6 weeks ago even, this is a good outcome. Good luck to the politicians dealing with this issue with an election coming up.

madbugger

Had my second jab last night.

Headache and arm is feeling like it was kicked by a horse (I have some experience with this from my old rodeo days)

Other than that, all okay so far
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

AlbertM

Welcome back to 2020, where every state and territory has an active case.
Ford Faithful

Trevor

Quote from: AlbertM on August 12, 2021, 02:44:40 PM
Welcome back to 2020, where every state and territory has an active case.

and a bit THANK YOU to NSW for spreading their ****ing pox on the rest of us

Did you see that yesterday, 2 ****ing ignorant Sydney women traveled to Melbourne on a QANTAS flight while infectious, WTF is wrong with people - is this deliberate of what - they have both been issued with a fine for over $5000
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

meha

There are quite a few who just do not seem to get it, heck we have just had to have someone issued a stay at home order after lying to get into the state about their whereabouts. There is a lot who think that this is not serious or have no interest in following the rules.

It is the same as checking into business. We now have a rule here that everyone has to check into everywhere they go ever our own workplaces. We had one come into work the other day, politely asked him to check in, all we got was nope, not going to do it, it is just the government trying to find out my business, and people wonder why we are loosing the battle

Kytabu

Quote from: meha on August 13, 2021, 09:05:06 AM
It is the same as checking into business. We now have a rule here that everyone has to check into everywhere they go ever our own workplaces. We had one come into work the other day, politely asked him to check in, all we got was nope, not going to do it, it is just the government trying to find out my business, and people wonder why we are loosing the battle
Man, I love these people. They won't use the check-ins, but happily use social media accounts, Google Maps and everything else that gathers their data.

Quote from: Trevor on August 13, 2021, 07:02:52 AM
Did you see that yesterday, 2 ****ing ignorant Sydney women traveled to Melbourne on a QANTAS flight while infectious, WTF is wrong with people - is this deliberate of what - they have both been issued with a fine for over $5000
The other question is how were they allowed to board in the first place? Apparently the staff at Sydney Airport did not properly check their permits; what a joke!
"I just plucked her in first, gave it some jandal, f**k yeah!"

AlbertM

25 cases in Dubbo, NSW in one day. The thought of putting all of NSW in lockdown has been floated.

Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: Kytabu on August 13, 2021, 09:39:05 AM
Quote from: meha on August 13, 2021, 09:05:06 AM
Man, I love these people. They won't use the check-ins, but happily use social media accounts, Google Maps and everything else that gathers their data.

Apparently there are several fake covid check-in apps for those that can fake a check-in so the government can't track you. The kicker is they run on Russian servers. Who is tracking who?  ;)
Ford Faithful

CP

Quote from: AlbertM on August 14, 2021, 12:20:11 AM
25 cases in Dubbo, NSW in one day. The thought of putting all of NSW in lockdown has been floated.

Yep, I've had a few mention that in the taxi yesterday.

I'm on my own little island in Gunnedah. Tamworth is locked down so I can't go there, the furthest I can go towards Newcastle is to Scone, and the furthest place West is Coonabarabran.

The pubs here are still full of people and the social distancing measures haven't clicked for some people. They all still look for parties afterwards to go to.

It's not my responsibility what they do after they jump out of the taxi, but a group I took home in the taxi got done for Covid breaches about an hour I dropped them off for having more than five at a house party.

AlbertM

Woohoo! Statewide locky D for NSW.
Ford Faithful

murph_fan51

Is that a full Level 4 type lock down or just restrictions?
debris debris debris

CP

Quote from: AlbertM on August 14, 2021, 03:20:29 PM
Woohoo! Statewide locky D for NSW.

And of course, all the truly special cases have flocked down to Colesworths before 5PM.

It starts to lose its shock when it happens all the time.

AlbertM

Quote from: murph_fan51 on August 14, 2021, 04:46:11 PM

Stay at home, leave for only essentials, medical, exercise and work if you can't do it from home.
Ford Faithful

murph_fan51

Quote from: AlbertM on August 14, 2021, 07:20:25 PM
Quote from: murph_fan51 on August 14, 2021, 04:46:11 PM

Stay at home, leave for only essentials, medical, exercise and work if you can't do it from home.
Sounds like Level 3, so it could be worse.
debris debris debris

AlbertM

Defiantly. Level 4 would be prohibitive in regional areas anyway.
Ford Faithful