News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Again, someone needs to do it  :)

vipernz

It is a nasty thing isn't it...

Glad I live in NZ

Trevor

You are a brother from a different mother living in the same 'travel bubble'

Although your boss doesn't like of extradition of crims  ;D

vipernz

Yeah and we dont like the Boss much either.

I must say though, on the note of 501s... they seem to be very unsavory people, that is hard to argue but some have lived in Australia all their lives and have mums, dads, wifes and kids there... but still get deported.... harsh.

1 guy moved there when he was like 3 months old with family or something.... out ya go.

Trevor

they have a choice to take up Australian citizenship and chose not to, bad luck for them - and if they behaved themselves they wouldn't be deported.  We do deport criminals to other countries as well

Trevor

anyway on topic

Good to see ScoMo & Co sign a deal with Moderna, **** the AZ vaccine, although I am having my first AZ shot at 1:00 pm tomorrow, so if I don't show up after that, keep an eye out for the obit hahahahaha

Trevor

wow, we can swear YAHOO!!!!!! I feel my vocab is now complete  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tickford8

I'm waiting until you city folk spread into regional areas before I panic and take the jab!!

Trevor

I live in a regional area as well, but the trouble and strife has an immune issue and I work with a lot of people, some of who travel a lot

madbugger

I'm not anti vax, I have the flue jab every year, however Ima gunna wait until less people are dying after having a covid jab before I have one.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Sonic

Quote from: madbugger on May 14, 2021, 08:10:18 PM
I'm not anti vax, I have the flue jab every year, however Ima gunna wait until less people are dying after having a covid jab before I have one.

ditto to that.

I did not know anyone personally who got the bug. 1 person I know lost his parents (in the UK).

Vax? 1 workmate lost his gran to a blood clot 4 days after the jab and a reli who works in aged care didn't lose anyone over the course of 2020 but lost 8 folk after they took the vaccine.

So my "personal experience" is that the vax is more deadly, at least in Australia, than cv19 ever was. Of course, we all have different connections so they will vary. Others will know people who got the bug and not know of anyone who died after the vax. But we all have to come to our own conclusions and decide what is best for ourselves and those around us.
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Trevor

Had my first AZ shot at 1.30 today, no soreness, nothing - feel fine, but I am over 60

AlbertM

Quote from: Sonic on May 14, 2021, 08:22:19 PM
Quote from: madbugger on May 14, 2021, 08:10:18 PM

ditto to that.

I did not know anyone personally who got the bug. 1 person I know lost his parents (in the UK).

Vax? 1 workmate lost his gran to a blood clot 4 days after the jab and a reli who works in aged care didn't lose anyone over the course of 2020 but lost 8 folk after they took the vaccine.

So my "personal experience" is that the vax is more deadly, at least in Australia, than cv19 ever was. Of course, we all have different connections so they will vary. Others will know people who got the bug and not know of anyone who died after the vax. But we all have to come to our own conclusions and decide what is best for ourselves and those around us.

That's why it is incredibly important to inform yourself of the facts and not rely on "personal experience".  While Australias roll out of the vacine is a complete shambles. More people have had the shot than infected with Covid19. That's 900 odd covid deaths v's a handfull of vacine deaths.  The AZ vacine, while not perfect is saving lives. If in doubt ask for the Pfizer or Moderna shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo
Ford Faithful

Trevor

had a bit of an uncomfortable night, tender around the injection area, but just generally restless - my GP did warn of that, feel ok this morning other than a slight head ache - he did warn of that too - said it would be gone by days end.

djr18fan

New Zealand:
2645 covid cases. 26 deaths

400,000 vaccinations. 0 deaths.

Over 1000 vaccinated at my wife's work. 100 at mine. Including us of course. No reports of anything remotely resembling serious reactions.

It could happen but the vaccine is massively safer than the alternative.

It's a no-brainer.