News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo qld

It's truly wonderful to see NSW Government departments co-operating to combat Covid-19 spread.. NOT TRUE >:(

QuoteNSW Health is refusing to provide information to police about an allegedly illegal gathering that occurred in the Sydney suburb of Maroubra, which has resulted in at least 16 cases of Covid-19 and numerous exposure sites to emerge in the local government area.

The Australian has established that police have requested information about the August 14 event from NSW Health, including the address where it occurred and the names of the attendees.

These details have not been provided and police said in a statement they remain willing to investigate the matter once the details are forthcoming.

"When information is provided about positive cases in the community, police will be responsive and take appropriate steps to limit the spread of the virus, in line with the Public Health Order requirements," a spokesperson said.

Health Minister Brad Hazzard said on Saturday that up to 60 people attended the event and expressed anger at those who had defied health orders across the state. Mr Hazzard has been contacted for comment.

Police Minister David Elliott told The Australian: "It's very frustrating NSW Health are not forthcoming with information given police are simply trying to enforce Health's own public health orders."

NSW Health has declined requests from NSW Police to provide details of individuals who attended illegal gatherings or breach the public health orders.

This includes a funeral that occurred in the Sydney suburb of Pendle Hill, in July, that resulted in almost 50 people contracting Covid-19.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/nsw-health-refuses-to-reveal-details-of-illegal-maroubra-gathering-to-cops/news-story/f03b327527cc1b9d03f96682991ec509

Incidently, it seems appropriate that the health Minister is named "HAZZARD"

Re protests, after watching tonight's riots:

Maybe the police could use paintball guns, but with the dye banks use for robberies.

Then anyone with masks will have an undyed part on their face.

Others get fined or locked up. or both.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Troy01505

Quote from: stevo qld on August 22, 2021, 12:52:23 PM
It's truly wonderful to see NSW Government departments co-operating to combat Covid-19 spread.. NOT TRUE >:(

QuoteNSW Health is refusing to provide information to police about an allegedly illegal gathering that occurred in the Sydney suburb of Maroubra, which has resulted in at least 16 cases of Covid-19 and numerous exposure sites to emerge in the local government area.

The Australian has established that police have requested information about the August 14 event from NSW Health, including the address where it occurred and the names of the attendees.

These details have not been provided and police said in a statement they remain willing to investigate the matter once the details are forthcoming.

"When information is provided about positive cases in the community, police will be responsive and take appropriate steps to limit the spread of the virus, in line with the Public Health Order requirements," a spokesperson said.

Health Minister Brad Hazzard said on Saturday that up to 60 people attended the event and expressed anger at those who had defied health orders across the state. Mr Hazzard has been contacted for comment.

Police Minister David Elliott told The Australian: "It's very frustrating NSW Health are not forthcoming with information given police are simply trying to enforce Health's own public health orders."

NSW Health has declined requests from NSW Police to provide details of individuals who attended illegal gatherings or breach the public health orders.

This includes a funeral that occurred in the Sydney suburb of Pendle Hill, in July, that resulted in almost 50 people contracting Covid-19.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/nsw-health-refuses-to-reveal-details-of-illegal-maroubra-gathering-to-cops/news-story/f03b327527cc1b9d03f96682991ec509

Incidently, it seems appropriate that the health Minister is named "HAZZARD"

Re protests, after watching tonight's riots:

Maybe the police could use paintball guns, but with the dye banks use for robberies.

Then anyone with masks will have an undyed part on their face.

Others get fined or locked up. or both.

Could always shoot Darts loaded up with Covid and tranquillisers then dump them in offshore detention centres.

Trevor

and so it appears that some NSW person or people went to Shepparton, and now there is an outbreak - I hope the ****s are happy with their decision
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

UPDATE

Shepparton case came from the Glenroy cluster

The original rumour had people from Melbourne in Shepp for a funeral, that appears to be the case - they are to confirm

PHARK IT!!!!!

Trevor

50% of GVHealth staff at Shepparton are home isolating hence the need to bring in health workers from other locations and the military

Supermarkets are either closed or opening with significantly reduced hours due to staffing issues

50 people in Shepparton and 16 people in outlying areas now infected.  All because some wanker from Glenroy (Melbourne) couldn't stay home

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

PHARK IT!!!!!

Troy01505

NSW to Vic border lock is useless, cars just take the opposite route to the road block.

madbugger

Quote from: Troy01505 on August 28, 2021, 09:17:19 AM
NSW to Vic border lock is useless, cars just take the opposite route to the road block.

I live in Wodonga (Vic) and work in Albury (NSW).  in 23 trips since lockdown have been pulled over at checkpoint 4 times.  Waved thru every other time.  Not sure if number plate recognition / reporting is playing a hand in this. All NSW/QLD rego cars being pulled over, most Vic going straight thru
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Troy01505

I take the link rd regularly and at least 10 times so far when the block is on the freeway cars have taken link rd and then done a u-turn to head down to rejoin the freeway at high st.

I also have cars registered in both states due to garaged address and owning so many and only get pulled up with full NSW registration, Vic reg and NSW Club reg get waved straight through.

madbugger

Quote from: Troy01505 on August 28, 2021, 11:09:32 AM
I take the link rd regularly and at least 10 times so far when the block is on the freeway cars have taken link rd and then done a u-turn to head down to rejoin the freeway at high st.

I also have cars registered in both states due to garaged address and owning so many and only get pulled up with full NSW registration, Vic reg and NSW Club reg get waved straight through.

Didn't realise any other members lived round here.  Albury or Wodonga Troy?
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

CP

The NSW Government have ****ed up. Not so much the explosion of case numbers, but where the cases are. The idea of reallocating vaccines from the bush to ensure that Sydney school kids can do their HSC has worked wonders, because guess where the cases are?

Places were there is next to no healthcare, and places where some parts of the Indigenous community are a little apprehensive to use non Indigenous health services.

They've done well. It was going to happen at some point, but it could've at least been minimised to a degree.

AlbertM

Quote from: fordman on August 29, 2021, 06:24:41 AM

And we cannot make vaccinations mandatory  the unvaccinated will have to eventually "risk it" we cannot have 90% of the country live under lockdowns because of a few. if we do not open at 80 WHEN? knowing 100 is not possible.
All medical advice says that the vaccine alone will not be enough. The government target is 80% of people aged 16+. That leaves out million of children that have zero control catching covid and pass it along.

Quote from: fordman on August 29, 2021, 06:29:28 AM

now we should move this to the political section as its way way off topic. States have seen the report no evidence anything is being held back. As for targets is hitting some good one now. We are still better than other countries ATM despite the blinkered media.
But it is being filtered through politics. Are we better than other countries? Being down the bottom for vaccinations in developed countries doesn't inspire confidence. The US fully vaccinated the Aussie population in a matter of weeks. We are six months into our program and we scratching for supply, Just 33% of 16+ have been fully vaccinated.
Ford Faithful

Sonic

an interesting perspective from Betty (copied from her facebook page)

Before my father died , he built , the Sydney Jewish Museum.
my husband and I worked physically , on this museum, for a few years, in my job there , I saw hundreds if not thousands of pictures of people in camps , people in their everyday life and people who loved their country , fought for their country through the generations , and gave everything they had to it .
from all over Europe.
I was lucky enough to be the voice of the introduction video, and work at the museum , giving lectures to school children.
It was a wonderous time , talking to kids who had no idea , about WW2, besides our soldiers , and what Australia did, during that time .
The most common question asked by the kids , was something that i enjoyed answering in a very unusual way. It was an amphitheatre , so the rows got higher and higher as you went up.
I would find the biggest boyor girl  who was sitting at the end of the row and while not answering their question , would gently tap this boy (or girl) on their arm, with a newspaper , while carrying on with my lecture , every 5 minutes i would increase the tapping by just a little, till with 10 minutes to go I would  just stop.
Then walk down to the stage and ask for silence, and say "I will answer your question " I asked the boy or girl to come down and stand by me , and when they did you could see the massive difference in height , and structure (was thinner then) .
Then I would ask the teachers to stand , and sit , the kids friends stand and sit , and then ask them, Why didnt you teachers stop me from tapping this students arm, you are their guardians while they are away from school and you just sat there? I asked his friends why did you just sit there and let me tap your friend on the arm for nearlly an hour ? No one said a word.
then one girl or someone in the audience would say
"Because your in charge "..
I would ask them if they thought , that all 50 or 60 of them could of stopped me from tapping , and they laughed and said yes, and I said "but you didnt " you didnt want to be the first in trouble , the first to rock the boat . You became sheep and followed the shepard.
That is why in answer to your question of why didnt the concentration camp inmates charge the guards , as the ratio was probaly 1 guard to a couple of hundred inmates, at the best , they didnt .
No one wanted to be the first to die , the first to make trouble , (there were groups in the camps helping each other and acting as a kind of resistance , read up on it if you want ), but on the whole , they knew they would be punished, privileges taken away.
if they actually lived, through it .Now why am I telling you this story , because A) my father was an amazing man who was thrown in jail (which later became the concentration camp) for listening to the BBC.
😎 his family and friends were put on lists, didnt have the right papers , were kept in their homes, needed permits to work, were segregated from society because they were different .C) Watched while their friends and neighbours could lead a normal life , because they had the right papers.
They were put on a list .My 2 Aunties, had numbers tattooed on their arms ,from being in the camps, they were marked for life , as being different . my grandmother and uncle were led to the gas chambers . They unlawfully had their rights strippped from them.
and while this was happening, their neighbours and friends let it happen , not all , but the majority.
Violence is never an answer , it is never the way to solve a societies problems . but
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good people to do nothing ."
I am telling you this because I cant get the vaccine , I am allergic to some of the compounds in the vaccine .But the goverment will put me with ever other person, who isnt vaccinated, who have been told they have a choice,( and i believe we all have a choice ) but what kind of a choice is it,1 to be vaxed and go down path  to freedom and the lifting of restrictions , or 2 be unvaxed and rot in your homes , not much of a choice.I believe in choice and not being punished for it , do the non vaxed need to look over their shoulders for the Authorities,how long before the knock on the door comes . we are in lockdown , which is an unusual word for our government to use , look it up, it is a word to say that prisoners, have been put in their cells for a time , due to a disturbance.
As an Australian and a proud one , my whole world has turned around , will I ever see my grand daughters who live in the U.S, probably not , will I go to a restaurant for my birthday with my kids and their families , probably not .
Will I ever get back to track to watch my team race , probably not . will I walk among fans and talk about our shared love of motorsport ,  definately not.
And the sad thing is I dont understand why, if your jabbed, the only difference is that you may not end up in hospital, and most probably wont die . the vaxed can catch it , spread it , just like the unvaxed.
We have allowed ourselves to be divided.
We each have our own, problems at a time like this , but it is beyond a joke,when  people are living on nothing , where once they had jobs and a good life ,they now have nothing ,  this has to stop, my 6mth old granson has never seen another child , we are damaging an entire generation .where once we had a culture of sticking up for each other , being Aussies, little battlers, we are now Karens, medical experts and sheep.
This is not my Australia , that Australia is waiting to come back, and I for one hope that is soon.
Stop the madness ,  it seems , we are all in this together, as long as we pick door 1.
Betty
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

stevo qld

One really good outcome of the Covid-19 crisis will be the population shift from overcrowded Sydney and Melbourne to regional towns, that need a larger population, and to the larger states which currently have less problems and they need more regional population, particularly Northern Australian regions.

I will be interesting to see the next major electorate redistribution after it settles down.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

AlbertM

Quote from: Sonic on August 29, 2021, 11:54:29 AM
an interesting perspective from Betty (copied from her facebook page)

Before my father died , he built , the Sydney Jewish Museum.
my husband and I worked physically , on this museum, for a few years, in my job there , I saw hundreds if not thousands of pictures of people in camps , people in their everyday life and people who loved their country , fought for their country through the generations , and gave everything they had to it .
from all over Europe.
I was lucky enough to be the voice of the introduction video, and work at the museum , giving lectures to school children.
It was a wonderous time , talking to kids who had no idea , about WW2, besides our soldiers , and what Australia did, during that time .
The most common question asked by the kids , was something that i enjoyed answering in a very unusual way. It was an amphitheatre , so the rows got higher and higher as you went up.
I would find the biggest boyor girl  who was sitting at the end of the row and while not answering their question , would gently tap this boy (or girl) on their arm, with a newspaper , while carrying on with my lecture , every 5 minutes i would increase the tapping by just a little, till with 10 minutes to go I would  just stop.
Then walk down to the stage and ask for silence, and say "I will answer your question " I asked the boy or girl to come down and stand by me , and when they did you could see the massive difference in height , and structure (was thinner then) .
Then I would ask the teachers to stand , and sit , the kids friends stand and sit , and then ask them, Why didnt you teachers stop me from tapping this students arm, you are their guardians while they are away from school and you just sat there? I asked his friends why did you just sit there and let me tap your friend on the arm for nearlly an hour ? No one said a word.
then one girl or someone in the audience would say
"Because your in charge "..
I would ask them if they thought , that all 50 or 60 of them could of stopped me from tapping , and they laughed and said yes, and I said "but you didnt " you didnt want to be the first in trouble , the first to rock the boat . You became sheep and followed the shepard.
That is why in answer to your question of why didnt the concentration camp inmates charge the guards , as the ratio was probaly 1 guard to a couple of hundred inmates, at the best , they didnt .
No one wanted to be the first to die , the first to make trouble , (there were groups in the camps helping each other and acting as a kind of resistance , read up on it if you want ), but on the whole , they knew they would be punished, privileges taken away.
if they actually lived, through it .Now why am I telling you this story , because A) my father was an amazing man who was thrown in jail (which later became the concentration camp) for listening to the BBC.
😎 his family and friends were put on lists, didnt have the right papers , were kept in their homes, needed permits to work, were segregated from society because they were different .C) Watched while their friends and neighbours could lead a normal life , because they had the right papers.
They were put on a list .My 2 Aunties, had numbers tattooed on their arms ,from being in the camps, they were marked for life , as being different . my grandmother and uncle were led to the gas chambers . They unlawfully had their rights strippped from them.
and while this was happening, their neighbours and friends let it happen , not all , but the majority.
Violence is never an answer , it is never the way to solve a societies problems . but
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good people to do nothing ."
I am telling you this because I cant get the vaccine , I am allergic to some of the compounds in the vaccine .But the goverment will put me with ever other person, who isnt vaccinated, who have been told they have a choice,( and i believe we all have a choice ) but what kind of a choice is it,1 to be vaxed and go down path  to freedom and the lifting of restrictions , or 2 be unvaxed and rot in your homes , not much of a choice.I believe in choice and not being punished for it , do the non vaxed need to look over their shoulders for the Authorities,how long before the knock on the door comes . we are in lockdown , which is an unusual word for our government to use , look it up, it is a word to say that prisoners, have been put in their cells for a time , due to a disturbance.
As an Australian and a proud one , my whole world has turned around , will I ever see my grand daughters who live in the U.S, probably not , will I go to a restaurant for my birthday with my kids and their families , probably not .
Will I ever get back to track to watch my team race , probably not . will I walk among fans and talk about our shared love of motorsport ,  definately not.
And the sad thing is I dont understand why, if your jabbed, the only difference is that you may not end up in hospital, and most probably wont die . the vaxed can catch it , spread it , just like the unvaxed.
We have allowed ourselves to be divided.
We each have our own, problems at a time like this , but it is beyond a joke,when  people are living on nothing , where once they had jobs and a good life ,they now have nothing ,  this has to stop, my 6mth old granson has never seen another child , we are damaging an entire generation .where once we had a culture of sticking up for each other , being Aussies, little battlers, we are now Karens, medical experts and sheep.
This is not my Australia , that Australia is waiting to come back, and I for one hope that is soon.
Stop the madness ,  it seems , we are all in this together, as long as we pick door 1.
Betty

That's why it is ever so important to limit the spread, cut the lines of transmission until such a time enough of the population is vaccinated to protect the "Bettys" who can't have the vaccine.

Covid is not someone tapping someone else on the arm or a guard at a gate. It doesn't care what or who you are. You can't go up to it and ask it to stop. These BS comparison do nothing to help anyone other than creates the division it claims to abhor. 

We all can't do a lot of things right now. One thing we can do is keep ourselve and our loved ones safe by not spreading the ****ing covid.
Ford Faithful

AlbertM

Quote from: stevo qld on August 29, 2021, 01:07:01 PM
One really good outcome of the Covid-19 crisis will be the population shift from overcrowded Sydney and Melbourne to regional towns, that need a larger population, and to the larger states which currently have less problems and they need more regional population, particularly Northern Australian regions.

I will be interesting to see the next major electorate redistribution after it settles down.
How quickly they will find out how neglected the regional areas are. Entire metropolitan suburbs would have relocate to change votes out here.
Ford Faithful