News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zac

Quote from: LG on October 19, 2021, 11:06:20 AM
We can bitch and complain about what's happening here but just be thankful you don't live in Russia.
Nearly a quarter of a million dead and over 8 million infections.
That's pretty bad. Russia could start looking like the USA - heading towards three quarters of a million dead and 45 million infections.
(Figures from 18/10/2021: 724,000 dead and 44,900,000 infections.) 

Ospif1

We can bitch and complain about what's happening here but just be thankful you don't live in Russia.
3% mortality is very high, I imagine their hospitals are far from coping as well.

djr18fan

Quote from: Ospif1 on October 19, 2021, 08:15:36 PM
3% mortality is very high, I imagine their hospitals are far from coping as well.

They've got a comparatively low vaccination rate. Surely just a coincidence.

Ospif1

Quote from: djr18fan on October 20, 2021, 05:14:31 AM
Quote from: Ospif1 on October 19, 2021, 08:15:36 PM

They've got a comparatively low vaccination rate. Surely just a coincidence.
I'm sure ;).

I noticed from NSW reports that although only ~20% of them are unvaccinated, they make up 80% of those in ICU.

Trevor

Victoria stats are similar, but I think the unvaccinated make up more than 80%

Ospif1

Guywho was unvaccinated in the community for 10 days and worked as an uber driver. Selfish is the nicest way to explain this person. Don't think Qld will get away with this one.

Ospif1

Nice data breakdown showing the % of hospitalizations and ICU who are fully vaccinated.

https://covidlive.com.au/report/daily-vaccination-status/vic

stevo qld

It occurs to me that with the non-vaccinated people dying off at a greater rate, it automatically increases the proportion percentage that are vaccinated.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

stevo qld

Today, I was greeted with the ABC headline
QuoteThe COVID-19 shock coming for Queensland — more deaths in one week than in the pandemic thus far

This sounds really terrible until we look at Qld. deaths over the last year. ONE.

The enlightened statistical guesswork has come up with this
QuoteWhen the state government opens the border on December 17, regardless of whether or not the double-dose vaccination rate of the eligible population (people aged 16 years and over) hits 80 per cent, the latest modelling from QIMR Berghofer predicts we will see about 200 deaths within the first 90 days.

That is an increase from one a year to over two a day. Just think about it.

Sorry forgot the reference:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-23/qld-coronavirus-covid-roadmap-analysis-reopening-death-toll-rise/100558138

I sincerely hope their guesswork modeling is not accurate.

At least it might have had one positive. There were a lot of people lining up today for jabs.

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

djr18fan

Quote from: stevo qld on October 23, 2021, 09:10:52 PM
Today, I was greeted with the ABC headline
QuoteThe COVID-19 shock coming for Queensland — more deaths in one week than in the pandemic thus far

This sounds really terrible until we look at Qld. deaths over the last year. ONE.

The enlightened statistical guesswork has come up with this
QuoteWhen the state government opens the border on December 17, regardless of whether or not the double-dose vaccination rate of the eligible population (people aged 16 years and over) hits 80 per cent, the latest modelling from QIMR Berghofer predicts we will see about 200 deaths within the first 90 days.

That is an increase from one a year to over two a day. Just think about it.

Sorry forgot the reference:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-23/qld-coronavirus-covid-roadmap-analysis-reopening-death-toll-rise/100558138

I sincerely hope their guesswork modeling is not accurate.

At least it might have had one positive. There were a lot of people lining up today for jabs.

Singapore is a good example to support the modelling. 84% VAX rate. Relaxed restrictions. Cases & deaths exploded.

LG

I was just wondering about these anti-vaxxers and their attitudes to medicine.
If they get Covid do they go to hospital to be treated with whatever they need or do they just do whatever they do normally until they either recover or die?

Troy01505

Quote from: LG on October 24, 2021, 12:30:56 PM
I was just wondering about these anti-vaxxers and their attitudes to medicine.
If they get Covid do they go to hospital to be treated with whatever they need or do they just do whatever they do normally until they either recover or die?

They treat them correctly like they always do.

stevo qld

I recently saw on TV News about one GP who has been telling his patients that if the won't be vaccinated, then they obviously do not want to be his patient.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

My employer has been blunt with staff, no jab no job - we are a front line customer business, we are part of the Government, but his bluntness surprised even me

Didn't one of the AMA Victorian team come out last week with a release basically telling people who don't want to be vaxed to hand in their Medicare cards or something like that

I have a mate that has been stood down from his job

My grandkids Scout group has broken up due to many of the leaders refusing to be vaxed. My S.I.L. is only one of 2 vaxed people left and they can't run it on their own.  The Regional leader called a meeting with the leaders and said that their actions is not in line with Scout values, they are putting themselves above the kids and that is not what Scouts is about

stevo qld

I wonder if "no jab", "no job" terminations trigger redundancy payments.

OR: if some employees hope so.

ALBERT EINSTEIN