News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor

Quote from: stevo qld on October 25, 2021, 09:19:45 AM
I wonder if "no jab", "no job" terminations trigger redundancy payments.

OR: if some employees hope so.
Yes they do for us, they would be offered re-deployment into no contact jobs, for example a call centre, but if there is no jobs then there is no job, the boss said they would be given redundancies
I am sick of nit-pickers, looking for mischief where there is none

PHARK IT!!!!!

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on October 25, 2021, 10:59:19 AM
Quote from: stevo qld on October 25, 2021, 09:19:45 AM
I wonder if "no jab", "no job" terminations trigger redundancy payments.

OR: if some employees hope so.
Yes they do for us, they would be offered re-deployment into no contact jobs, for example a call centre, but if there is no jobs then there is no job, the boss said they would be given redundancies

That is interesting, but, I would hardly grade a call centre as "no contact zone".

There were hundreds of people (contacts) in one call centre where I did technical support.  Two or more is still a contact zone.
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Trevor

Quote from: stevo qld on October 25, 2021, 11:09:33 AM
That is interesting, but, I would hardly grade a call centre as "no contact zone".

There were hundreds of people (contacts) in one call centre where I did technical support.  Two or more is still a contact zone.
our call centre is currently 'manned' by people working at home, we have great technology - they are not on site. So they are very much in a 'no contact zone'

PHARK IT!!!!!

stevo qld

Quote from: Trevor on October 25, 2021, 11:52:10 AM
Quote from: stevo qld on October 25, 2021, 11:09:33 AM

our call centre is currently 'manned' by people working at home, we have great technology - they are not on site. So they are very much in a 'no contact zone'

Good!
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Troy01505

States opening up yet lining up for 4 plus hours for a Covid test is becoming the new normal in region NSW and Victoria!

Got to be a better way

Trevor

My regional city in Victoria is out of control, firstly we had a COVID (Delta) positive locum school teacher who moonlights as a marriage celebrant/funeral celebrant infect about 4 or 5 primary schools

Recently we had a a COVID (Delta) positive school bus driver infect about 5 or 6 primary and secondary schools

My daughter has 3 kids are 3 different schools, every ****ing week there is a shut-down, her 2nd child is home quarantining at the moment as some crack-head sent their kid to school with 'cold like symptoms', kids is infected with a COVID (Delta) now the whole class in quarantine

Well over 200 people are infected at the moment.

Seems like all the hard work of the last 20 months here in Victoria has just been a waste of time

PHARK IT!!!!!

Ospif1

27 deaths today which is really sad.  According to the data 95% of those in ICU are not fully vaccinated though.  Shows how much lower those numbers could be.

murph_fan51

Interesting, are all Aus states aiming for 80%?
In NZ they are going for 90%.

In response to above, I wonder how many of those 95% in ICU are anti vaxxers or conspiracy theorists?
debris debris debris

Ospif1

Quote from: murph_fan51 on October 28, 2021, 07:49:00 PM

In response to above, I wonder how many of those 95% in ICU are anti vaxxers or conspiracy theorists?
I'd say if you're not vaccinated by now you're likely an anti-vaxxer because there has been more than enough time to get it done.

stevo qld

Quote from: Ospif1 on October 28, 2021, 07:59:32 PM
Quote from: murph_fan51 on October 28, 2021, 07:49:00 PM

In response to above, I wonder how many of those 95% in ICU are anti vaxers or conspiracy theorists?
I'd say if you're not vaccinated by now you're likely an anti-vaxxer because there has been more than enough time to get it done.

Some people aren't anti-vaxers. they are just too lazy to get off their arse and get it done.

In Qld, only one death in the last year and overseas acquired at that, certainly does not inspire urgency. In northern Qld, they just think they are a BIG distance away, but someone should explain Airlines to them. People are dying in other areas in significant numbers and that invokes urgency.

Just wait until NSW and Vic people (and others) are allowed to bring Covid with them instead of smuggling it across the border. That is not far away.

In short, non-vaxers or stupid or lazy, are causing major concern to others.

Brisbane is not far from the border and I, personally, am fearful of the outcomes. My wife is now in the ninth year of a five year expectancy from stage 4 Cancer and is on a rather severe batch of drugs which effect the immune system. For the time being, I feel needed and don't want to catch it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-28/covid-updates-victoria-queensland-nsw-cases-vaccine-deaths/100574596
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Troy01505

Quote from: Trevor on October 27, 2021, 10:33:36 AM
My regional city in Victoria is out of control, firstly we had a COVID (Delta) positive locum school teacher who moonlights as a marriage celebrant/funeral celebrant infect about 4 or 5 primary schools

Recently we had a a COVID (Delta) positive school bus driver infect about 5 or 6 primary and secondary schools

My daughter has 3 kids are 3 different schools, every ****ing week there is a shut-down, her 2nd child is home quarantining at the moment as some crack-head sent their kid to school with 'cold like symptoms', kids is infected with a COVID (Delta) now the whole class in quarantine

Well over 200 people are infected at the moment.

Seems like all the hard work of the last 20 months here in Victoria has just been a waste of time

Is it a crackhead or is that just an assumption?

They are telling people now we have to learn to live with Covid and at times there is very confusing and contradictory information passed around, not to mention the bull**** all over social media. People didn't keep kids home with a snotty nose every time influenza was about. Maybe people are assuming that getting back on with life and learning to live with it means living as they did pre Covid.

murph_fan51

I see Omicron is getting rife across the ditch...

They're predicting an outbreak here in just a matter of weeks...
debris debris debris

mikeamerica84

Quote from: murph_fan51 on January 14, 2022, 04:09:57 PM

What ditch are we talking about, murph?  Tasman?  Bass Strait?  Timur?
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

djr18fan

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on January 16, 2022, 02:54:45 AM

Like the Atlantic Ocean is referred to as The Pond, the Tasman Sea is The Ditch.

Trevor

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on January 16, 2022, 02:54:45 AM

the bit of water between Australia and New Zealand

PHARK IT!!!!!