News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

COVID-19 discussion

Started by Trevor, May 13, 2021, 04:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

Quote from: Trickyonne on May 26, 2021, 10:22:49 PM
Quote from: Sonic on May 26, 2021, 10:03:07 PM
yup, Melbourne, the banned... maybe they should remake that old Kurt Russell movie to... "Escape from Melbourne"

what a croc!

It is crazy times mate.....not sure what to think of it TBH
We are all aussies and we shouldn't ban people based on their location...then again, if it stops the spread ?
But living on the border I do feel for my Mexican mates

I live in Victoria and work in NSW. The border lockdowns were an absolute shemozzle. I think Victoria learned from the NSW one, because it was far less painful and the police were much friendlier than their NSW counterparts.

It was a difficult period for everyone, however the NSW closure lost a lot of respect for their police due to petty fines and penalties that they chose to enforce as vehicles were going thru checkpoints.

people not being able to attend work because they lived more than 5 km's from the border, all in an area that still hasn't had 1 confirmed case throughout this whole pandemic.

Hopefully it doesn't get back to that again
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Wrighty05

Looks like I can get the jab now. Will do so as soon as I can.

the undertaker

Was flying to Melbourne from NZ on the 8th June to meet my first grandchild, skype just doesn't do it anymore, but looks like that will now be on hold.

:'(

Bloopy

Similar dilemma with my niece in Melbourne, but my parents decided it's more sensible to wait until they get vaccinations before flying over to meet their first grandchild. I can't expect to get the vaccine at the same time as them. I need to get my health sorted out a bit if I'm to feel up to tagging along on the trip though. Hours wearing a mask wouldn't go well with sinus troubles.

djr18fan

My wife used to suffer badly from sinus issues. But flying never seemed to be an issue. The drying effect on a plane nay have helped her.

But for some, dry air is bad so keeping in some moist air from breathing in a mask might help.
https://www.news24.com/health24/medical/sinusitis/about-sinusitis/is-flying-with-sinusitis-dangerous-20170724

Bloopy

I'd defeat the benefits of a mask by having to sneak a wipe of my nose every 15 minutes at the moment and I don't think dry air would lessen it much. In the past, other issues I've had from flying due to my sinus include sharp pains when they start to ease the cabin pressure towards the end of a flight, and nausea as a kid (severely excessive post-nasal drip traps burps).

Troy01505

It's about time they extended the mandatory quarantine period to 3 or 4 weeks for all returning travellers. Most states would have avoided the last couple of lockdowns and it would be cheaper for the government to cover these costs then shut down entire states or cities.

Trickyonne

Quote from: Troy01505 on June 11, 2021, 07:00:32 AM
It's about time they extended the mandatory quarantine period to 3 or 4 weeks for all returning travellers. Most states would have avoided the last couple of lockdowns and it would be cheaper for the government to cover these costs then shut down entire states or cities.

good idea mate...not real sure that some state governments want this to stop tho
Paul Murray Live

djr18fan

Extending the isolation period doesn't stop an infected person passing it on to an isolation hotel worker. Nor does it stop a new returnee in week 1 from passing it onto someone about to be released at the end of week 3 or 4. In fact extending isolation periods just increases the number of people in these facilities that can pass it to each other or workers.

As for the suggestion that governments wouldn't want this to stop - that's just bizzare. Or trolling.

Trickyonne

Quote from: djr18fan on June 11, 2021, 10:29:19 AM

Extending the isolation period doesn't stop an infected person passing it on to an isolation hotel worker. Nor does it stop a new returnee in week 1 from passing it onto someone about to be released at the end of week 3 or 4. In fact extending isolation periods just increases the number of people in these facilities that can pass it to each other or workers.

As for the suggestion that governments wouldn't want this to stop - that's just bizzare. Or trolling.

You don't think state governments aren't milking this for all it's worth ?.....of course they are
Paul Murray Live

madbugger

Quote from: Trickyonne on June 11, 2021, 07:49:06 AM

good idea mate...not real sure that some state governments want this to stop tho

I'm damn sure the Victorian Govt are milking it for all it's worth . . . and then some
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.

Troy01505

With the right PPE and a decent location it would be pretty damn simple

djr18fan

Quote from: Troy01505 on June 11, 2021, 04:00:22 PM

With the right PPE and a decent location it would be pretty damn simple

With those things in place, and testing, and ensuring inmates are kept apart, - 2 weeks is enough.

djr18fan

Quote from: madbugger on June 11, 2021, 01:58:08 PM

I'm damn sure the Victorian Govt are milking it for all it's worth . . . and then some

What is it worth? What would the Govt gain by extending it?

Trickyonne

Quote from: djr18fan on June 11, 2021, 06:46:45 PM
Quote from: madbugger on June 11, 2021, 01:58:08 PM

What is it worth? What would the Govt gain by extending it?

What they crave...an election win
Paul Murray Live