News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Tassie (possible spoilers)

Started by stevo qld, March 23, 2022, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd

What gets up my nose is the ease at which SVG is able to do his switchback pass on these muppets even without using his adopted CL bump technique.

I can just imagine he's pissing himself laughing at their pathetic attempts to block him as he breezes past.  He definitely has their measure and its sad to see but that's not his fault.   

skaifeman

Quote from: REM on March 28, 2022, 10:57:27 AM
Great point Sman and something I was wondering- but Tassie is very much a T8 stronghold, their braking, turn and power down was phenomenal, maybe Cauchi copied some of that onto the Grove cars?? See how they go at the GP I guess.....

Meanwhile......how bad were WAU, they lost their way BIG time.....and were very strong there last year...I really can't see them being challengers to T8 this year....

Albert Park will answer a few questions, not only for Grove. I expect the DJR cars to excel, they had good pace at Symmons, just rarely had clear air.

Yeah, WAU were just WAU. Couldn't get the qualy right which doomed them, especially around this place. It is surprising though, last year they were contenders and even took a race win.
De Borre said it, they've moved from a quick point and squirt car to a quick flowing car - again, we'll see if Albert Park proves that.

Quote from: jd on March 28, 2022, 11:20:12 AM
What gets up my nose is the ease at which SVG is able to do his switchback pass on these muppets even without using his adopted CL bump technique.

I can just imagine he's pissing himself laughing at their pathetic attempts to block him as he breezes past.  He definitely has their measure and its sad to see but that's not his fault.

Even Scotty said it over Twitter - the trick is to not let SVG get into these positions (re the hairpin), they're leaving the door wide open for him to have a crack.
Same goes for the switchback, every man and his dog knew it was coming. Davo is the ultimate gentleman though, he likely knew he'd be better off the let him through and consolidate a 2nd (although he did it the hard way with the next few corners).
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

REM

Quote from: jd on March 28, 2022, 11:20:12 AM

I thought it was interesting when SVG stated they were braking early so he could pass them.....several drivers responded "we weren't braking early!".....he clearly has a much, much better jigger than those around him.....

mikeamerica84

Quote from: skaifeman on March 27, 2022, 01:17:58 PM
This is great TV with Larko.....
I just hope his finger is okay.   ;D
The V8CFL - Without Fantasy, Life is Simply Life

mikeamerica84

Quote from: GASMAN on March 28, 2022, 12:21:09 AM
Yawn
What a farce
Hands up I've not seen a race for 2 years
I just log onto speedcafe to get the results of a lop sided series that's a foregone conclusion.
Seriously are you guys really thinking the result will be any different week by week
Lop sided parity adjustments one after the other.Relavence ZERO
Nice first post.  Hope you come back with more of your optimistic views on the sport.  We could all use another adrenaline rush of the sort.

REM

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on March 28, 2022, 07:41:52 PM
Quote from: GASMAN on March 28, 2022, 12:21:09 AM
Yawn
What a farce
Hands up I've not seen a race for 2 years
I just log onto speedcafe to get the results of a lop sided series that's a foregone conclusion.
Seriously are you guys really thinking the result will be any different week by week
Lop sided parity adjustments one after the other.Relavence ZERO
Nice first post.  Hope you come back with more of your optimistic views on the sport.  We could all use another adrenaline rush of the sort.
he's been around a while, first post on the reincarnated Central...,

mikeamerica84

Right-o, Ross.  I know where to go from here with this.

CP

There is a parity problem, and its not what you think.

It's driver disparity.

There really isn't anyone that can consistently take it up to the level of SVG.

There was, but he's in Indycar now.

Sonic

Quote from: CP on March 29, 2022, 10:28:42 AM
There is a parity problem, and its not what you think.

It's driver disparity.

There really isn't anyone that can consistently take it up to the level of SVG.

There was, but he's in Indycar now.

can't even give the bloke a broken rib to even the field up...

was good watching Scott bring the fight... but then again, it was still just those 2 that were regularly fighting unless one or both had a bad day.. you could just about bet your kidney that at least 1 if not both would be on the podium each round.

now we need some new fighters
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Ospif1

SVG is too good for this sport here, he really would be successful anywhere else.  I reckon we'd actually have a better series if he wasn't in it.

stevo qld

He could race overseas.

Whoops, he already does. ;D
Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bloopy

Quote from: skaifeman on March 28, 2022, 11:27:31 AM
Even Scotty said it over Twitter - the trick is to not let SVG get into these positions (re the hairpin), they're leaving the door wide open for him to have a crack.
Same goes for the switchback, every man and his dog knew it was coming. Davo is the ultimate gentleman though, he likely knew he'd be better off the let him through and consolidate a 2nd (although he did it the hard way with the next few corners).

Well they could've looked a bit less wimpy, but if a tight line at the hairpin hurts their exit speed slightly then SVG would inevitably have breezed on by regardless. Not only did he have the fastest car in that race, but he was on for pole too until that went pear shaped.

Just need Anton to find his 2022 mojo and not get a string of DNFs like he did last year. Then at least SVG probably won't thrash the field by as many points as what Scotty thrashed him by. ;D

REM

Quote from: Bloopy on March 31, 2022, 01:24:56 AM
Quote from: skaifeman on March 28, 2022, 11:27:31 AM

Well they could've looked a bit less wimpy, but if a tight line at the hairpin hurts their exit speed slightly then SVG would inevitably have breezed on by regardless. Not only did he have the fastest car in that race, but he was on for pole too until that went pear shaped.

Just need Anton to find his 2022 mojo and not get a string of DNFs like he did last year. Then at least SVG probably won't thrash the field by as many points as what Scotty thrashed him by. ;D

Scotty versus SVG was generally thrilling stuff, though typically Scotty got the better of him.....this stuff is just ho-hum.....Stuporcars...

GASMAN

Quote from: mikeamerica84 on March 28, 2022, 08:38:59 PM
Seriously what a tossa.You send me a pm because I don't conform to your brainwashed views on the world of the v8 Roland Dane supercar series - get a grip mate.Not everyone wants to see a yawn fest with the only bet in town being how long it takes Giz ,Chaz or another driver in an irrelevant 5 year old car to take the lead.Its bad enough listening to the puke fest from skaiffe and crompton talking up this lop sided series decreeing how even the cars are without logging onto this site and receiving your junk.No wonder Pensky left- what sane business man would hang around in a political climate controlled by a wringing pom who's wailing from round one of the mustangs introduction resulted in a dozen parity adjustments which now are put down to a ' teams hard work ' for t8 's success
What a farce and don't bother sending me your tripe again

djr18fan

Quote from: GASMAN on April 10, 2022, 10:38:05 PM
Quote from: mikeamerica84 on March 28, 2022, 08:38:59 PM
Seriously what a tossa.You send me a pm because I don't conform to your brainwashed views on the world of the v8 Roland Dane supercar series - get a grip mate.Not everyone wants to see a yawn fest with the only bet in town being how long it takes Giz ,Chaz or another driver in an irrelevant 5 year old car to take the lead.Its bad enough listening to the puke fest from skaiffe and crompton talking up this lop sided series decreeing how even the cars are without logging onto this site and receiving your junk.No wonder Pensky left- what sane business man would hang around in a political climate controlled by a wringing pom who's wailing from round one of the mustangs introduction resulted in a dozen parity adjustments which now are put down to a ' teams hard work ' for t8 's success
What a farce and don't bother sending me your tripe again

Cool. Understand now why you haven't watched a race for 2 years. Presume you also haven't heard any of Skaife or Crompton's commentary in that time.