News:

The new look V8Central, there will be quite a few changes over the next few days/weeks

Main Menu

Does the Mustang hold up during race distance

Started by Dasha, April 08, 2022, 09:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasha

Allot wont agree with this but to me it seems that the Mustang can be on the pace during a couple of laps & can qualify well but just seem to struggle over race distance.
Are their tires going off due to having to push the car too hard to keep up with the Commodores or is it just that SVG & Mostert are doing a better job than everyone else.
I personally believe that the Mustang was penalized far too much due to Scott McLaughlin winning too many races when he was competing in the Supercar series.
Just my opinion.       

Ospif1

How do you suggest supercars adjust parity so that they perform better in race conditions? What aspects of the car design should be adjusted?

Dasha

I think the extra weight ballast that was added to the roof ( i think ) of the mustang be removed.

AlbertM

We've seen it before. Fords lack of aero meant that the teams had to look for mechanical grip at the expense of tyre life.

We do know that Mustang has had it aero reduced at every review and ZB had been increased.
Ford Faithful

stp01

Quote from: Dasha on April 08, 2022, 10:15:11 PM
I think the extra weight ballast that was added to the roof ( i think ) of the mustang be removed.
Some of it already has been.

Reynolds and Slade were actually two of the fastest cars at the end of yesterday's race (especially Slade). Clearly a lot of the Mustang runners have gone aggressive on the setup - look at the qualifying results. I'm sure they learnt a lot yesterday and will have more "race oriented" setups today.

Triple Eight and Holden
2022 Supercars Drivers Champion
2022 Supercars Teams Champion
2022 Supercars Manufacturers Champion
2022 Super2 Drivers Champion

Sonic

so should we penalise all of the ZBs because Giz is winning while the rest are running around the back.... and also while we just had 2 Mustangs completing the podium in the most recent race?
philwisewould.zenfolio.com - check out the photos after race weekend!

Joe5619

Not effecting Grove racing, they are just as quick in race trim as T888. I wonder what T888 parts are sitting under that Grove Mustang that makes it every bit as quick over a race distance at the real T888 cars..

I'll consider a "parity issue" if I start hearing Ford drivers, Ford owners, Ford managers start to say they are at a disadvantage.. The fact they are completely (& I do mean completely) silent says a lot to me..Think about it, when has Tim Edwards ever been shy of calling a parity issue if he saw one?

the undertaker

Quote from: Sonic on April 09, 2022, 12:15:41 PM
so should we penalise all of the ZBs because Giz is winning while the rest are running around the back.... and also while we just had 2 Mustangs completing the podium in the most recent race?

Gee Phil, is your memory that bad? Seems the Mustang got penalised when Scott was winning everything, usually with the Opel's as the others on the podium.

AlbertM

Funny you say that. Scotty was cleaning up with 888 up his clacker and yet they found it necessary to clip the Fords and improve the ZB. Strange huh?
Ford Faithful

Sonic

Quote from: the undertaker on April 09, 2022, 01:11:38 PM

Gee Phil, is your memory that bad? Seems the Mustang got penalised when Scott was winning everything, usually with the Opel's as the others on the podium.

yup, and my response was the same then... and I was disappointed with the Muzzies getting penalised because of one driver.

Sonic

Quote from: AlbertM on April 09, 2022, 01:18:54 PM

Funny you say that. Scotty was cleaning up with 888 up his clacker and yet they found it necessary to clip the Fords and improve the ZB. Strange huh?

agreed Albert. it was pretty pathetic.

LG

You forget that all the mustangs were penalised when Scotty was winning.  :)  :)  :)

skaifeman

Should we move to a winning ballast?

I can certainly understand the questions coming from the Blue camp, after what transpired a few years ago.
It was fact that the Mustang did have a CoG advantage among a few other things - I'm sure Albert and a few others can fill us in, back to '94 even.

My question is, is the parity process not better than it has ever been? (To the cheer or dismay depending on what one might prefer the category to present itself as, either a 'complete parity' or a 'build the best mousetrap' ruleset).
Where do you go from here?
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977

fordman

Quote from: skaifeman on April 09, 2022, 01:43:49 PM

I can certainly understand the questions coming from the Blue camp, after what transpired a few years ago.
It was fact that the Mustang did have a CoG advantage among a few other things - I'm sure Albert and a few others can fill us in, back to '94 even.

My question is, is the parity process not better than it has ever been? (To the cheer or dismay depending on what one might prefer the category to present itself as, either a 'complete parity' or a 'build the best mousetrap' ruleset).

where to go from here??? nowhere, wait for Gen 3, SC wont do a parity re-adjust this year with a whole new car coming, season just started they will claim no advantage yet seen, and if one does its too late to change as season over championship wise and wait for the all new cars and see what happens. ie this is just a gap year.

skaifeman

Quote from: fordman on April 09, 2022, 02:18:02 PM
Quote from: skaifeman on April 09, 2022, 01:43:49 PM

where to go from here??? nowhere, wait for Gen 3, SC wont do a parity re-adjust this year with a whole new car coming, season just started they will claim no advantage yet seen, and if one does its too late to change as season over championship wise and wait for the all new cars and see what happens. ie this is just a gap year.

But the parity process remains the same, which this topic suggests isn't working.
"Ford's Bathurst winning bonus didn't even cover the cost of the after-party" - Allan Moffat, 1977